Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What are the good nights for ROKBAR??

Guest Mikey129

if you are referring to rokbar next to mynt most of us would've give a cent bout that place, ive personally been there...its 3 times smaller than any club south of 9th on washington, and its not really all that whatsoever...the only okay part about it is the movie screen which seems to be the only entertaining thing..

you would have a better time @ automatic slims across mansion and they play the exact rock, old school, type of music

Guest Devilicious

I had managed to forget that Rokbar and Mynt even existed for about a month now! lol

But honestly, when I went to Rokbar the music was great for most of the night, until the DJ started mixing in current hip-hop with the classic and older rock he was playing. The layout is pretty bad (DJ too high to see, people crammed in one area with wasted space in others) and door persons can be rude. Thursday's the night for it and Mynt if I remember correctly

Guest web_norah

i heard the music is great at Rokbar, if that's the sorta thing you enjoy, come on, not everything has to be just dance |latin music....

Guest LeVeL

bro thursday nights are very good so are their wednesday

Yeah I have gone on Thursday Nights for their Wasteland Thursday Party where Mark Leventhal spins 80's, Rock, and Punk. The music was very cool and the vibe was nice if you ever went to the Spider Pussy parties then you will certaintly love RokBar 8)

I always try to keep my music style eclectic not just sticking to House,House,House, and did I say House ::)

Guest pod

Jim Morrison is spinning in his grave over a place like that. I'm sorry, but a Rock Bar needs fighting, shit beer, and a doorperson named Tiny who will break your neck just because he can and he's bored. There's never a list. You get in free if Tiny knows you or you can best him in an armwrestling match.

And a rock bar doesn't have a DJ either. Either a live band or a rusty old Wurlitzer that needs a swift kick every five minutes.

PBR me ASAP.

Guest web_norah

it needs to be greasy and dirty to be a real rock bar huh? plus the pool table, the drunks and the messy jukebox.

i thought Ted's Hideaway fits the mold perfect.

Guest JustBeFABOLOUS9

Its O K .... over-rated in my opinion. I feel like its that mynt crowd with pawn shop music. Thats what its like. It's small but the club itself is pretty cool, I like it. As far as good nights go, I think Tuesdays and Saturdays are the best nights... The downside of it is since it is small it gets extremly packed to the point that you cannot walk early.

Guest web_norah

allright.

then for rock and that sorta stuff, go to Pawn Shop

Rock Bar sounds like a scam and not really the rock and roll dive it should be ... ;D

zero fierceness on a scale of 10.

Guest creativemafia

my fav the DUECE!!! + TED's which have a juke box with all the rock you want!!! then Tobacco Road comes in a close third

Guest web_norah

Duece Bar is definitely a perfect dive bar. Ted's is just a boozer and of course, the Irish bar on Wash Ave and 13th isn't terrible

but All4 is right, there is no love for rock and roll scene in Miami.

and that blows imo.

Ted's got a nice set of plasma screens. It lost dive bar status because of this.

never been there but its my coworkers get stupid drunk place of choice........

apparently they enjoy to drink something called

irish car bombs ??

anyone have those?

Guest Devilicious

1/3 of a pint of draft Guinness

A shot of equal parts Irish Whiskey and Bailey's Irish Creme

Drop shot glass in pint, jager-bomb style. Drink till empty.

They're delicious (they taste like chocolate milkshakes) and they get ya drunk. Bling they're harsher than Patron! If you're up for it we'll try it next time I see you out.