Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who is right and who is wrong?

There is a bar/resturant near my house, I've been going on avg 3 times a week for 1.75 years now.. Am I a big tipper? Hard to say, but I'd say I'm an avg tipper, considering I go so often.

The other night the manager asked me if the food is over priced, I said just a little, example a entree is 20 and I think it should be 15. He called me cheap so i took offense to it.

Now I told him here is why they are not doing as well as they could. I've been going there for 1.75 years bringing all my friends and NOT ONCE has him or anyone on the staff bought me a beer!!!! I explained to him that a good bartender will always take care of their regulars.

I explained to him if they don't allow the staff to take care of a regular, then the bartender should use MY tip money and buy me a beer.. This is done all the time... It's bartending 101..

Why can't florida establisments realize this? I take care of those who take care of me. I'm not asking for a handout, nor will this cost the bar a penny, it's common sense!

My brother is a mod on a saleen forum, he would post about these headers because he really like them, the company called him and sent him a free pair, because inadvertenly he got them sales.. They sent him 700 worth of stuff, and I can't get a 25 cent fosters draft beer...

I borrowed a buddies truck for 30 mins, I put 30 dollars in gas in it, the next day his tire gets blow out on his way to work, I wake up early drive all the way to him and drive him around to find a new tire. The tire blowing had zero to do with me borrowing his truck the previous day. I get a thank you for driving him all over the place and I gave him 30 bucks!!!! WTF!

I got a guy some comps to a big time club, he bitched at me as to why he need to get their at a certain time.... WTF!!!!! IT'S FREE!!!

A lot of clubs take care of me, and their is really no way to take care of the people who take care of me, I have nothing to offer that they need but I always say thank you, in an email or im in person and on the phone.

Maybe i'm old school but business here in florida have not a clue as to how to treat a customer. Go to Anthonys 84 and their regulars are always always taken care of and the owner will come to your table and say hello, it's not shock as to why it's the best in florida.. They have that nyc style of taking care of their customers.

A friend of mine owns a business, so I decided to give me a small order, he never gets back to me, then i run into him and he tells me it's such a small order that he doesn't want to do it simply because he doesnt make a enough money on it. I'm like dude you left me hanging!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!

If you ever get to meet guyman, you will see the master of taking care of people...

I got another friend some business which I didn't have to go threw him, so he makes all this kinda money threw me and one day I ask him a question over the phone and he tells me that he's gonna start charging me!!!!!!!!!! wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My rant is done!

There is a bar/resturant near my house, I've been going on avg 3 times a week for 1.75 years now.. Am I a big tipper? Hard to say, but I'd say I'm an avg tipper, considering I go so often.

The other night the manager asked me if the food is over priced, I said just a little, example a entree is 20 and I think it should be 15. He called me cheap so i took offense to it.

Now I told him here is why they are not doing as well as they could. I've been going there for 1.75 years bringing all my friends and NOT ONCE has him or anyone on the staff bought me a beer!!!! I explained to him that a good bartender will always take care of their regulars.

I explained to him if they don't allow the staff to take care of a regular, then the bartender should use MY tip money and buy me a beer.. This is done all the time... It's bartending 101..

Why can't florida establisments realize this? I take care of those who take care of me. I'm not asking for a handout, nor will this cost the bar a penny, it's common sense!

My brother is a mod on a saleen forum, he would post about these headers because he really like them, the company called him and sent him a free pair, because inadvertenly he got them sales.. They sent him 700 worth of stuff, and I can't get a 25 cent fosters draft beer...

I borrowed a buddies truck for 30 mins, I put 30 dollars in gas in it, the next day his tire gets blow out on his way to work, I wake up early drive all the way to him and drive him around to find a new tire. The tire blowing had zero to do with me borrowing his truck the previous day. I get a thank you for driving him all over the place and I gave him 30 bucks!!!! WTF!

I got a guy some comps to a big time club, he bitched at me as to why he need to get their at a certain time.... WTF!!!!! IT'S FREE!!!

A lot of clubs take care of me, and their is really no way to take care of the people who take care of me, I have nothing to offer that they need but I always say thank you, in an email or im in person and on the phone.

Maybe i'm old school but business here in florida have not a clue as to how to treat a customer. Go to Anthonys 84 and their regulars are always always taken care of and the owner will come to your table and say hello, it's not shock as to why it's the best in florida.. They have that nyc style of taking care of their customers.

A friend of mine owns a business, so I decided to give me a small order, he never gets back to me, then i run into him and he tells me it's such a small order that he doesn't want to do it simply because he doesnt make a enough money on it. I'm like dude you left me hanging!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!

If you ever get to meet guyman, you will see the master of taking care of people...

I got another friend some business which I didn't have to go threw him, so he makes all this kinda money threw me and one day I ask him a question over the phone and he tells me that he's gonna start charging me!!!!!!!!!! wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My rant is done!

I hear you on the buy back gig... You know who used to do that all the time - Hollywood Ale House.. They were awesome... We went there all the time - like 5 days a week.. I always always always leave a big tip - i mean beer is only $1.00 at the time in there.. . There'd be days where my tab would be like $2. And i knowwww i had like 6 beers. They gave back to us regulars.. same with Shanannigans. That place rocked.

Other than taht, not too many joints do that down here. Kind of sad. Even in Pittsburgh at the hottest nightclub they had downtown (Pegasus - gay club) they ALWAYS took care of Bryan and I cuz we'd go every Thursday, Friday and Saturday and tip our bartender. They knew we were broke college kids, but they loved that we always thanked them for everything and tipped.

Yo i'm right there with you nick.

Guest Electric Eel

I agree with you, I never expect it but when I go to a bartender that I normally go to and tip well they usually take care of a few drinks for me because they know when that happens (at least with me) they'll get a bigger tip.

For the business aspect and actually in general i'm all about helping my friends out and not expect anything back because maybe one day you might need their help and hope they will do the same.

I agree that people on the regular do not know how to appreciate it when someone takes care of you (with the bitching about getting there at a certain hour). People here are so focused on making money and thinking that they are being cheated if they give anything out, that they fail to see the bigger picture and how these practices will benefit them in the long run. Regulars are you bread and butter. Do right by them and you have their loyalty. FL is not known for loyalty in almost any arena.

Nick, you and i disagree on a lot of things but i have to say that you, guyman and dui have ALWAYS taken care of me. I thank you.

btw, the resturant/bar by you has excellent french onion soup... yummy :o

maybe a week of going and not tipping them will piss them off. Either they will start to appreciate my business or i'm getting banned!

Imagine if I brought Amy over there and let her work there for a week. She will double the profits in a week!

Guest JMT

i couldnt agree more here.

btw, thats not old school. thats doing things right.

my girls take care of me at delux, and ill have to be happy enough with just that.

Guest saintjohn

There's a great sushi place in downtown Hollywood that I've been going to for years. Recently, the owners have decided that customers should pay for things like extra pineapple salsa or whatever. Last week, one table (not mine) had a bill of $140, which included a $.50 charge for eel sauce. They asked the waiter about it, but it wasn't taken off. You can guess what sort of tip they left, and how interested they are in coming back again or recommending the place to their friends. The owners think they're being smart about business costs, but they're just driving away customers.

There's a great sushi place in downtown Hollywood that I've been going to for years. Recently, the owners have decided that customers should pay for things like extra pineapple salsa or whatever. Last week, one table (not mine) had a bill of $140, which included a $.50 charge for eel sauce. They asked the waiter about it, but it wasn't taken off. You can guess what sort of tip they left, and how interested they are in coming back again or recommending the place to their friends. The owners think they're being smart about business costs, but they're just driving away customers.

I got into the same argument at the resturant at my house. The manager was saying how he'd loose money if he'd do specials and such. I'm like you can only see this weeks numbers, you have no understanding on how traffic programs work. You have to get people to come once then keep them comming back... On a thrusday, his resturant was dead and he blamed it on the season... According to many of my friends in the hospitality biz, the seasonaly change is erroding due to the population down here...

I was the guy who set up og at mamma mias, they called me and begged me to talk him into it. Well their monday party worked big time and that resturante gave away the house on mondays but cleaned up the other 6 days a week...

Joe at Mamma Mias has always taken care of me and my friends, I really need to give him more business and stop giving the place in my complex all my business..

I was at JAlexanders yesterday, really really great staff...

Guest mursa

..so your complaining to the guy because you think the entrees are 5$ too expensive ? lol .

...Never expect someone to comp you every once in a while , and when you ask for a comp of any sort, then you REALLY shouldn't get one .

...learn how to cook , waste around 60-70$ a week on groceries and you won't have a problem like this in the future .

I got into the same argument at the resturant at my house. The manager was saying how he'd loose money if he'd do specials and such. I'm like you can only see this weeks numbers, you have no understanding on how traffic programs work. You have to get people to come once then keep them comming back... On a thrusday, his resturant was dead and he blamed it on the season... According to many of my friends in the hospitality biz, the seasonaly change is erroding due to the population down here...

I was the guy who set up og at mamma mias, they called me and begged me to talk him into it. Well their monday party worked big time and that resturante gave away the house on mondays but cleaned up the other 6 days a week...

Joe at Mamma Mias has always taken care of me and my friends, I really need to give him more business and stop giving the place in my complex all my business..

I was at JAlexanders yesterday, really really great staff...

Whenever I have company in town, i ALWAYS take them to dinner at Mama Mia's... Joe always remembers me, buys drinks or dinner for us - and introduces himself to my guests. My parents love it, my friend Nick from jersey loved it.. I love it. I go there because the food is great, i always have a great service, i think the prices are good and because i think its important to introduce people to a guy that knows how the hell to run a business.

I'll never forget the time joe comped us dinner - and there were 12 of us there. WTF! I can't name any other place that would do that. We were there to support OG. Everytime OG played i went and had dinner except maybe once.

Guest LeVeL

you know I certainly agree as a Customer who tips good I for one have had minimal luck with Bartenders, which is one reason I dont like Bartenders that much, its like they are greedy and want to make as much money in the night as possible when hooking someone up with a good drink for tipping you good all night and staying faithful to that same bartender everytime you go to that establishment.

I just dont get it, they just dont know how to make a customer happy. By being nice to your customers all you are getting is someone who will always go to you for drinks since they know what type of bartender you are.

Guest web_norah

while i agree with you that a lot of So FL restaurants can't get it right in most of the simple tasks (all service related), i dont think this is an "old school nyc" thing, it is a restaurant 101 average practice: treat your customers right.

i think what happens is that these establishments take advantage of the fact that So Fl is a tourist destination and the fact that a lot of foreigners won't complain/ do anything about things.

even the take-out in South Beach is pathetic, that restaurant across from Opium, i ordered last time i was there, and it took ONE HOUR to deliver a f* sandwich to 13th/ Collins area.

that's why i only go to certain places when i visit [including clubs]. and avoid A LOT of clubs/ restaurants/ bars.

..so your complaining to the guy because you think the entrees are 5$ too expensive ? lol .

...Never expect someone to comp you every once in a while , and when you ask for a comp of any sort, then you REALLY shouldn't get one .

...learn how to cook , waste around 60-70$ a week on groceries and you won't have a problem like this in the future .

you are the not smartest guy out there, he asked me and I told him and he got upset about my answer, also I didn't move to a yatch club with a bar and resturnt in it so I could cook and buy groceries.

Guest Devilicious

i didn't read all that.... but the question is what percentage do you usually leave? For the most part I won't buy a drink for anyone who tips less than 20 percent. Exceptions include friends, and especially nice or friendly people.

A good bartender will take care of the patrons who take care of him/her, you are absolutely correct.

Guest cutchemist

service in south beach is horrible..

yea...ur lucky if u get a chance to order a second drink let alone a refill

;)

Guest mursa

you are the not smartest guy out there, he asked me and I told him and he got upset about my answer, also I didn't move to a yatch club with a bar and resturnt in it so I could cook and buy groceries.

he was most probably being courteous and more or less "small talking" with you ...and you go ahead and complain about it being overpriced 5$ ::) ...

...frugal at its essence . (you jewish ?! lol )

And i also buy groceries and cook for myself .........it's good eatin and isn't expensive .

Guest web_norah

hahaha.

i just read that, $5 "overpriced" is definitely being a little tight on the meal but then again So FL restaurants/ bars are way overpriced for what you get.

Guest mursa

i didn't read all that.... but the question is what percentage do you usually leave? For the most part I won't buy a drink for anyone who tips less than 20 percent. Exceptions include friends, and especially nice or friendly people.

A good bartender will take care of the patrons who take care of him/her, you are absolutely correct.

being that We are in the hospitality industry , we seem to give more worth to good service and for those who work in the same field.

For Food..... ok/acceptable service 15% , Good/excellent service 20%

For drinks.....for every 5$ spent ..lets say a Beer . i always leave 2$ ......mixed drink 10-14$ ,basic 4$-5$ tip .

i dunno if im bein generous or not but thats me .

Guest durrtylexx

I leave a dollar per beer.

A mixed drink like kettle tonic I'll leave $2.

If I have comps tix's I'll leave $3.

If I know the bartender and they're hooking me up, I'll be generous.

call me cheap, I guess :P

food I leave 20% min. bad service 10% and a fuck u j.k

Guest web_norah

wonder if any of yous even understand what the word tip stands for...

dude you're obviously a cheap guy, just deal with it.

a lot of these comments are constructive criticism on your "own" description of what happened. i'd never EVER say, a dish is 5 bucks too expensive ... but whatever that's your deal.

i told you the service issue, you were totally right about.

wonder if any of yous even understand what the word tip stands for...

dude you're obviously a cheap guy, just deal with it.

a lot of these comments are constructive criticism on your "own" description of what happened. i'd never EVER say, a dish is 5 bucks too expensive ... but whatever that's your deal.

i told you the service issue, you were totally right about.

you claim to be an expert yet you don't even know what TIP stands for.. I bet you maybe 5% in the service industry knows what it stands for..