Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My free flyer is ready for viewing..

V. Barbarino

Guest klubveteran
I needed a lot of view so the industry people would read this thread....

Industry people read the CoolJunkie forums?

eddy and rolly is what I ment to say :P

stugotz.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jimmeeruckus

WoW, what responses....sorry to offend so many, but looks like I need to represent....The flyer was actually inspired to be oldskool cut & paste like Swanky stated. And was actually ripped from an oldskool album that actually brought Cha Cha to the states.

I was fresh outta ideas, when this album cover magically came out of nowhere to provide inspiration. [dont you love synchronicity]

flyer1a.jpg

and came up with this oldskool meets newschool on the playground:

flyer1.jpg

It had been a while since my last Pchop tennis match with my buddy Max, so I gave him a call and asked if he would like to parttake in this complimentary flyer design which would hopefully garner some side jobs. Hence:

flyer2.jpg

and another for its and iggles [i'm sure Max will chime in]:

flyer3.jpg

and so, the memories of throwin' down design battles back in the day instilled the kind of inspiration you get when you haven't ridden a bike since you were a youngster [you remember the old GT Performer with the 360 degree trick neck, the fold out pegs, the olleys, the frame stands...whoops sorry, getting back to the subject]

..and you go mountain biking at markham park for the first time and within five minutes your bangin 8 foot jumps and taking down 45 degree inclines....yeah,yeah..that feeling:

flyer4.jpg

enjoy.

jimmeeruckus [aka Erik]

Guest Seb

Denny liked the reflections one the best, but the club contact like the one with the girl the best.

I would agree that one looks better

Guest swank

Erick, I love them all, I'm so happy I got hooked up with you guys. I have more working comming your way possibly soon, so if you guys are up for it, then we'll do it up..

Denny liked the reflections one the best, but the club contact like the one with the girl the best.

Yo "Rukus" aka Erik,

Thank God you replied and finally posted some of the other ideas that your team had presented, and Saleen thank you for letting everyone know that your South American contacts(who get it....for their market!) picked the flyer that you went with.

peace...

Erick, I love them all, I'm so happy I got hooked up with you guys. I have more working comming your way possibly soon, so if you guys are up for it, then we'll do it up..

Yo "Rukus" aka Erik,

Thank God you replied and finally posted some of the other ideas that your team had presented, and Saleen thank you for letting everyone know that your South American contacts(who get it....for their market!) picked the flyer that you went with.

peace...

Of course, I would never listen to these idiots, they may all be great designers, but they have not a clue on how to market things... I gave Erick guide lines and he came threw big time. I and the club are very very happy along with Denny...

Guest swank

Yo "Rukus" aka Erik,

peace...

Of course, I would never listen to these idiots,they may all be great designers,but they have not a club on how to market things... I gave Erick guide lines and he came threw big time. I and the club are very very happy along with Denny...

Werd...

A great designer is not only one who can be creative but is also one who can listen to the clients needs and produce something for the client... and not just something in particular that only he(the designer)likes.

Guest Darwin Castillo

Of course, I would never listen to these idiots, they may all be great designers, but they have not a clue on how to market things... I gave Erick guide lines and he came threw big time. I and the club are very very happy along with Denny...

Ha ha ha, still w the same line ey? Ya need to find a new liner bro! The other flyers look good by the way. The concept was good but could have been better, closer to the original. By the way, if you want to go old school, check this out...

scan0025.jpg

Guest swank

Ha ha ha, still w the same line ey? Ya need to find a new liner bro! The other flyers look good by the way. The concept was good but could have been better, closer to the original. By the way, if you want to go old school, check this out...

scan0025.jpg

You must have alot of time on your hands?

get over it already... ::)

Guest Cosmigonon

Oye Mr. Saleen, what the hell is that! I have heard of Free pero coño! The flyer looks like someone took old flyers to make a new one. Yo, seriously, I know that you could have dont better.

For all the "haters" the style is called "chop&cut" it's RETRO and is supposed to look like it's been "cut and paste"

FCUK....you guys make me SICK cuz you know everything and "NOTHING" all at the same time.

Saleen, can you post the other entries so that peeps could see what else was offered?

I never reply like this but....I'm so sick of the fcukin haters on this board....you all have nothing to offer other than your stupid negative comments!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:(

So because we don't like it , then we're haters?

How childish of you... ::)

btw, I think the other ones look better...

Guest swank

Oye Mr. Saleen, what the hell is that! I have heard of Free pero coño! The flyer looks like someone took old flyers to make a new one. Yo, seriously, I know that you could have dont better.

For all the "haters" the style is called "chop&cut" it's RETRO and is supposed to look like it's been "cut and paste"

FCUK....you guys make me SICK cuz you know everything and "NOTHING" all at the same time.

Saleen, can you post the other entries so that peeps could see what else was offered?

I never reply like this but....I'm so sick of the fcukin haters on this board....you all have nothing to offer other than your stupid negative comments!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:(

Childish? Are you kidding? Do you preview your posts?

There is a big difference between offering your opinion and deliberately being condescending.

Without investigating the reasons why this flyer was picked...some people went right ahead and ultimitely insulted Saleen's girl,Denny Tsettos, the venue holding the event as well as the designer who whipped something together for free in less than 24hrs.

please....before you type anymore "opinions" take a few moments to reflect on what you're about to post.

Anyhow I don't want to become the "village idiot" over this...so I'm done with this subject.

respectfully :-*

Guest Cosmigonon

Childish? Are you kidding? Do you preview your posts?

There is a big difference between offering your opinion and deliberately being condescending.

Without investigating the reasons why this flyer was picked...some people went right ahead and ultimitely insulted Saleen's girl,Denny Tsettos, the venue holding the event as well as the designer who whipped something together for free in less than 24hrs.

please....before you type anymore "opinions" take a few moments to reflect on what you're about to post.

Anyhow I don't want to become the "village idiot" over this...so I'm done with this subject.

respectfully :-*

Dude, put the crack pipe down. Who insulted Denny or the venue? ???

And I'll post my opinion whenever I feel like it... ;)

Guest coach

I was fresh outta ideas, when this album cover magically came out of nowhere to provide inspiration. [dont you love synchronicity]

..and you go mountain biking at markham park for the first time and within five minutes your bangin 8 foot jumps and taking down 45 degree inclines....yeah,yeah..that feeling:

That one is definitely the best of the lot. It's really an excellent idea, the only 2 suggestions I would have would be to flip the girl so she faces in. Figures facing out tend to lead the eye away from the content. And the clipping around her is a little choppy. If it was supposed to be cut-and-paste-looking, it might have been portrayed better if she was *more* choppy and if the clipping around Denny was choppy, as well. As it is, it just kind of looks like an unfinished clipping. Oh, and I think that maybe her glow is a smidge too bright, kind of takes away from Denny. Other than those small things, though, the concept is awesome. Much better than the same old computerized I-chose-any-12-Photoshop-effects kind of flyers that you see all the time.

As far as mountain biking at Markham goes, that is really a ball-buster. Once you've done that, all the criticism in the world don't even faze ya.

Guest swank

Their are 3 others but I let my girl who is our contact pick it, but this was my pick as well. I'm extremly happy with all of them and so is Denny. The flyers the club does are really bad so these are a million times better. It's not really a flyer driven party, but for US promotions I decided to do a flyer so clubs in the US know we are playing all over the world.. I'm very thankful of Erick and his boys and would certainly use them again!!! I'm gonna ask pod to host the other 3 so you guys can pick...

A good party is not in the notoriety of the djs name or in the flyer, it's in the music and in our house their is ONLY HOUSE MUSIC!

CoSMiGoNóN....still don't get it do you?

Guest swank

That one is definitely the best of the lot. It's really an excellent idea, the only 2 suggestions I would have would be to flip the girl so she faces in. Figures facing out tend to lead the eye away from the content. And the clipping around her is a little choppy. If it was supposed to be cut-and-paste-looking, it might have been portrayed better if she was *more* choppy and if the clipping around Denny was choppy, as well. As it is, it just kind of looks like an unfinished clipping. Oh, and I think that maybe her glow is a smidge too bright, kind of takes away from Denny. Other than those small things, though, the concept is awesome. Much better than the same old computerized I-chose-any-12-Photoshop-effects kind of flyers that you see all the time.

As far as mountain biking at Markham goes, that is really a ball-buster. Once you've done that, all the criticism in the world don't even faze ya.

Coach's answer is not good because he likes the work...it's good because he took the time to offer constructive critisism.

Guest Chica

ah NO I don't like it...cheese cheese

Sorry Mr.SaleenO ;)

LOVE YOUR BIKINI SHOTS!!!

:o

Bikini Shots?? Im confused now!....... or is it that you like to confuse people ;)

Guest Chica

ah NO I don't like it...cheese cheese

Sorry Mr.SaleenO ;)

LOVE YOUR BIKINI SHOTS!!!

:o

Bikini Shots?? Im confused now!....... or is it that you like to confuse people ;)

your cruise pics, you posted on junkie chat..

aaaaaaaaaaaah ok.......... LOL thanks!

Guest Cosmigonon

Their are 3 others but I let my girl who is our contact pick it, but this was my pick as well. I'm extremly happy with all of them and so is Denny. The flyers the club does are really bad so these are a million times better. It's not really a flyer driven party, but for US promotions I decided to do a flyer so clubs in the US know we are playing all over the world.. I'm very thankful of Erick and his boys and would certainly use them again!!! I'm gonna ask pod to host the other 3 so you guys can pick...

A good party is not in the notoriety of the djs name or in the flyer, it's in the music and in our house their is ONLY HOUSE MUSIC!

Explain to me how is it that having different opinions about the flyers than them is insulting them????? ::)

Guest swank

Explain to me how is it that having different opinions about the flyers than them is insulting them????? ::)

no time for this now...if you don't get it yet, maybe we will meet one day and I can explain it to you.

let's drop it unless you really need the answer....cuz if you really do....I will take the time tomorrow.

right now....it's party time! ;D

Guest Cosmigonon

no time for this now...if you don't get it yet, maybe we will meet one day and I can explain it to you.

let's drop it unless you really need the answer....cuz if you really do....I will take the time tomorrow.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, "you still don't get it", bla, bla, bla, "I don't have the tiem to explain", bla, bla, bla.

The truth is you wrote your post out of rage, called us all fuckin haters with no reason at all, and you're looking for ways to justify yourself when it is already too late.

Next time I suggest you count to ten and THEN write what you want.

Guest swank

Yeah, yeah, yeah, "you still don't get it", bla, bla, bla, "I don't have the tiem to explain", bla, bla, bla.

The truth is you wrote your post out of rage, called us all fuckin haters with no reason at all, and you're looking for ways to justify yourself when it is already too late.

Next time I suggest you count to ten and THEN write what you want.

Cos,

I have given you the opportunity to drop the subject and move on to more interesting topics of conversation...but like some of the other children who frequent message boards you choose to still want to have the last word.

"A guilty conscience has no accuser" only those who are guilty of replying in a rude and condescending manner should be affected by whatever I posted.

After showing almost 3900 posts on this board and qualifying as a "cooljunkie" I am surprised that you continue to pose such questions concerning this thread. Please go back to the fourth post on this thread where Saleen clearly explains that "he, along with his girl and Denny have picked the flyer that they will use for this project" and then continue to scroll as the same few express their opinion with absolutely no regard for anyone elses opinion.

I do not have to justify myself to anyone on this board because I have never given anyone the reason to have to worry about what I post. please do not be swayed by the number of posts under the name "swank"...this is not my first message board experience.

I will never count to anything when it comes to posting towards ignorance...my post was not out of rage but rather out of a lack of patience for some of the peeps manners on this board.

Please remember that the reason for this board is the scene and the music...let's try to leave the drama elsewhere and concentrate on bringing the information to the people who ask for it.

I'm done with this topic... ;)