Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My (almost) PVD/Max Graham @ Space review.....

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

Personally I didn't go to Space last night to hear PVD. But he had the place jumping. Not my cup of tea as far as music go's.

I went to hear Max Graham. After an hour long wait of standing in line (even though we had tickets) we got in thanks to the good looks of my girl (cuz my ugly ass wouldn't have caught the eye of the doorman).

We got into the mainroom and the 140 bpms were to much for my 32 going on 33 ass. So we immediatley headed up to the Patio. We had heard that Max Graham played b4 PVD in the main room early so we were bumbed about that. But then after about 20 minutes or so wondering who was on the decks on the patio, Andrew Chiable confirmed our suspicions that it was infact Max Graham playing.

The first hour and a half or so he was straight playing techy-electro house. Again not my cup of tea...Not to say that it wasn't good. I perfer a little bit more of a tribal progressive groove which he got into the last 45 minutes I heard of his set after he dropped and old Armand Van Helden Remix of Tori Amos's 'Professional Widow', dropped the pitch down and added a slight delay....Man I gave that 10 year old song away a few years ago..So at that point (because I'm not into very many classics) I wanted to go home..

But Max redeemed himself (imo) a bit when he dropped this hella melodic break around 7am and then his tracks after that had a llittle more texture to them. They got more organic sounding rather than the repeated barage of 80's laced electro synth that he sliced and diced for the hour and a half b4....

Overall my return to Space after an almost 2 year lay off was fair. I liked what they did with the Patio as far as were they put the DJ booth and I liked the new room arrangement. It's a good use of space and another place to showcase more acts...

There should have been a seperate line for ticket holders I thought. It was irritating to have to wait an hour in line with peeps who didn't have tickets getting in ahead of us...

But that's how things go during big events....

8)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swirlundergrounder

Good seeing ya on the way in! Sorry I didn't catch up, but I couldn't find you on the patio.

It's cool..We actually found a comfy spot right on the bassbin on the right side of the dance floor on the patio. We practically hung out there the whole time with Andrew Chiable in the middle of a bunch of e-tards...LOL...

Next time though....

Guest slamminshaun

We practically hung out there the whole time with Andrew Chiable in the middle of a bunch of e-tards...LOL...

Watch your mouth sucka!! ;)

Guest swirlundergrounder

i had never seen so many drugged(sp?) ppl in my life :o

I know. It was hella funny. We met this group of 3 couples from Columbia that were really fu*ked up...Me and my girl were sitting on a bassbin up on the patio and one of the guys that were talking to us (cross eyed lol) was dancing and he sat on my girls lap for a moment and jumped back up again and continued to dance with his girl friend. I started cracking up thinking to myself that you got to be pretty fu*ked up if you're a guy snd you sit on a chicks lap..LOL

Guest swirlundergrounder

We practically hung out there the whole time with Andrew Chiable in the middle of a bunch of e-tards...LOL...

Watch your mouth sucka!! ;)

We hung out there the whole time with Andrew Chiable in the middle of a bunch of 'gas guzzling' e-tards.......LOL

Guest slamminshaun

I know. It was hella funny. We met this group of 3 couples from Columbia that were really fu*ked up...Me and my girl were sitting on a bassbin up on the patio and one of the guys that were talking to us (cross eyed lol) was dancing and he sat on my girls lap for a moment and jumped back up again and continued to dance with his girl friend. I started cracking up thinking to myself that you got to be pretty fu*ked up if you're a guy snd you sit on a chicks lap..LOL

My bad bro....I didn't know that was your girl.... :P

Guest swirlundergrounder

My bad bro....I didn't know that was your girl.... :P

LOL..I didn't know you we're from Columbia and that your name was actually Franco....

Guest RzO

all i have to say is amazing!!!! i went to this party with the intentions of listening to some paul and the highlight prolly being max graham...edgar opened up just like normal, awesome highlight of his set was keo-close enough(noel sanger remix) dope track...well i must say pvd was absolutely amazing, i never have been a huge pvd fan but he sure did give me a run for my money...the set was great form start to finish, gotta love those techish tracks they freakin banged out space...josh wink-higher state of conciousness sounded great as did timo maas -pictures god it freakin rocked the dynacord and paul was really into the set which made it even better...after the onslought from paul i made it up to le terrace and max is was in full form, exactly what i was wanting to hear from 6-8 am...some great prog tracks for the last hour coming off af some of dem funky elektro trax he was playing earlier...closing down his set with his tm track jessica riddle-gone!!! that made the night complete for me, listened to a lil cedric, heard i see girls and a few others then dipped out...defintiely all aorund one of the best nigths ive had at space outsid eof wmc parties...awesome from start to finish

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

Anybody know if Max played any classic's, my entourage and I drove past there at 7 a.m, decided to park and get the lowdown on the table situation.

We were told it was a 3 bottle minimum and we had already gone threw 2 bottles of patron silver and Don Julio Reserve.

From the look's of the crowd outside , bean's are still in fashion these days however meth seem's to be king and that's really sad.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Anybody know if Max played any classic's, my entourage and I drove past there at 7 a.m, decided to park and get the lowdown on the table situation.

We were told it was a 3 bottle minimum and we had already gone threw 2 bottles of patron silver and Don Julio Reserve.

From the look's of the crowd outside , bean's are still in fashion these days however meth seem's to be king and that's really sad.

He played an Armand Van Helden RMX of Tori Amos 'Professional Widow' an a few remixes of some 80's songs. One of them being a Crystal Water song..can't remember the name of it.......

Guest LeVeL

Wow what a night...PVD ripped it nasty from Beautiful things to Higher state of consciousness(Vinylgroover & The Red Head remix) to Timo Maas - Pictures to HardStyle :o 8)

PVD certainly brought it on Saturday, eventhough I went to Space for Max Graham it was all worth it since PVD made it all worthwhile. Around 6:30 am I went to the Patio for Max Graham and he was laying it off nasty right before the Sunrise but I deiced to head out since that fucking patio is like an oven ready to be cooked...they seriously need to add some fans or something, one day someone is going to get a heat stroke in there its just too HOT.

Guest slamminshaun

Wow what a night...PVD ripped it nasty from Beautiful things to Higher state of consciousness(Vinylgroover & The Red Head remix)

Those were the only two tracks I recognized. Place went nuts to Higher State....I think I actually floated off the platform during that song.... :o

Guest LeVeL

There's four big-ass fans up there...temp-wise it wasn't too bad, I just don't exert myself. ;D

Exactly but for us that do dance its a fucking oven :-\

Guest LeVeL

it was freaking loud.

decent set by pvd, but i doc him a few points for not playing at least one classic production.

Well he played a couple of classics but agree it would be nice if the trance guys would play more classics in their sets.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Wow what a night...PVD ripped it nasty from Beautiful things to Higher state of consciousness(Vinylgroover & The Red Head remix) to Timo Maas - Pictures to HardStyle :o 8)

PVD certainly brought it on Saturday' date=' eventhough I went to Space for Max Graham it was all worth it since PVD made it all worthwhile. Around 6:30 am I went to the Patio for Max Graham and he was laying it off nasty right before the Sunrise but I deiced to head out since that fucking patio is like an oven ready to be cooked...they seriously need to add some fans or something, one day someone is going to get a heat stroke in there its just too HOT.

[/quote']Were you dancing on top of a bassbin on the Patio during Max's set? I think they cooled down the patio after you left with the kryo-freeze shit....

Had a blast.....Max Graham was awesome, PVD was a little too hard for my taste and Ivano actually played a great set. Lots of oldschool patio classics which i totally miss. I really like the new layout but then again...i would simply because it looks a lot more like the old space.

It was great seeing all of yous!

Guest swirlundergrounder

I didn't see you....I was on the patio the whole time I was there :'(

Guest slamminshaun

I didn't see you....I was on the patio the whole time I was there :'(

Dude, I saw like three of her on the platform. Triple the Trouble!! ;D