Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Let THERE BE LIGHTTTTTTTTT !!

Bling

Guest Electric Eel

I think its crazy how all these huge really old trees got knocked down by this hurricane but survived so many others. In the grove that was the most of the damage, huge fallen trees everywhere

Guest swirlundergrounder

I find it weird that my glass table that takes two peeps to move flipped over and broke but my flip flops and my girls sandals that were out there didn't move an inch.....WTF???

A 90 mile an hour wind topples trees in front of my house, flips over my table and umbrella, knocks some plants that weigh about 30 to 40 pounds over but my 10 ounce styrofoam flip flops stay in one place???? WTF???

I guess hurricanes only choose to blow around objects that are lethal.....

Guest saintjohn

That "hugeass" tree made my four-wheel-drive SUV look like a low rider - the heavy duty suspension was completely bottomed out by the weight of the branches. I was somewhat suprised that the roof wasn't completely crushed. The sheet metal is certainly dented, but all of the glass is intact and the doors still open without sticking or anything. For a vehicle that was originally designed back in the 70s, the passenger compartment seems remarkably well-protected. I doubt any other vehicle (short of an uparmored Humvee) would've fared better.

I can't wait for the gypsy auto body repair guys to show up and offer to "bang it out" for a reasonable fee. Sigh.

Guest saintjohn
A 90 mile an hour wind topples trees in front of my house, flips over my table and umbrella, knocks some plants that weigh about 30 to 40 pounds over but my 10 ounce styrofoam flip flops stay in one place???? WTF???

Tell me about it. My neighbor's 40-year-old tree gets knocked down, but her two plastic lawn chairs 20 feet away on the patio aren't even touched.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Tell me about it. My neighbor's 40-year-old tree gets knocked down, but her two plastic lawn chairs 20 feet away on the patio aren't even touched.

Isn't that weird? I have about 30 plants on my deck. I have a mini palm tree that got knocked over. The hedge that seperates me and both my neighbors were bending at like 75 degree angles towards the west. But what about our 2 little plants the size of a large coffee cups? They didn't budge either? Oh I also had a plastic garbage can that was empty and it didn't move...? Holy X-Files phenomenon Scully!!!