Clubplanet Nightlife Community

GAS SHORTAGE UPDATE:

Guest junglesmacks

Guest junglesmacks

I dunno about you guys down there but Orlando is in a state of CHAOS right now.. over half the gas stations are out of gas... lines over an hour at the ones that do... People are FREAKING OUT...

WTF?!?!?!!?

How are things down south?? Just as bad??

Feels like the world is ending up here... :-X

Guest junglesmacks

they were ok today... not empty, not full

no chaos at least in the Doral and Aventura areas

Honestly though this seems to have come on in the last few hours.. I literally had 3 people call me in the last hour to ask if I knew where to buy gas..

Guest pod

There's a gas shortage?

I'm gonna start a Metro consulting business. The smart ones will leave their cars at home and use the Metro system. Sure it isn't that hot down here, but for $75 a month, what do you want?

Guest musicalmissionary

Yeah, I just ran into one of the Miami Beach Police chiefs in my gym and he told me that for the first time in his 22 years on the same force, they just received orders today to double up 2 cops per car... for fuel cost/availability issues. Those orders were passed down today.

Guest pod

:ogod forbid anyone use public transportation....

True enough. Ya know, when I saw the pricing today, I realized I can put up with degenerates and the occasional stink of diesel for a little bit more. Even factoring cab expenses for when I'm in a rush, I still come out ahead of any car owner.

Guest dj_release

:ogod forbid anyone use public transportation....

True enough. Ya know, when I saw the pricing today, I realized I can put up with degenerates and the occasional stink of diesel for a little bit more. Even factoring cab expenses for when I'm in a rush, I still come out ahead of any car owner.

I only wish there was a serious METRO system around here... like in Europe (oh no another Europe vs. Miami discussion in the making!!)

LOL

I really do anyhow :-[

Guest pod

Our system works if you live and work downtown and/or the beach. ..anything beyond those two main areas, and you're kind of screwed unless you happen to live along a main express route or something.

Case in point: I used to live on the corner of SW 72 St and SW 117th Ave..basically Sunset and the turnpike. I had a car at that point, but it broke down and wasn't worth fixing....I worked on the beach. My commute was as follows: 72 eastbound to Metrorail @ Sunset Place, Metrorail to Government Center, GC to beach via C,K,S...

Time-wise, 90 mins each way. Even worse, if I didn't make it back to Sunset Place by 8 PM, I would have to walk a few miles to get home, since the last westbound 72 departed at 8 PM.

So I economized, and moved over this way. Now I just take the G,H,K,L,R,S and it is virtually door-to-door. And the T skips over South Beach and goes straight from my street to Downtown when I need to go straight there. Plus L,S, and Night Owl run past midnight so it is easy to use for going out.

See, told ya I could be a Metro consultant :)

I think I"m right, the reality is too much people are hording gas right now but the refineries will catch up in a day or two. Oil does not work as JIT system, there is always ships waiting off shore with crude waiting to get refined. Also smoke dis, once they do get caught up and the gulf comes back online, there is a whole city now not using oil....

Guest XSweetnessX

i'm appalled about how expensive gas is getting...one of the gas stations around my neighborhood is charging $3.25 for regular!!! :-X ...i'm either going to invest in a bicycle or a horse i've always wanted one anyway...

Guest junglesmacks

That's either a prank or a photoshop. Gas hasn't gone that high yet.

NO prank... NO photoshop..

That's an actual photo taken today..

Guest junglesmacks

Didn't know Stockbridge, GA was the midwest.

Click for article...

That being said, this is either someone gouging hardcore, a prank, or some photo intern at Yahoo inserted it to be funny.

Gas isn't above $4/gal anywhere just yet.

Associated Press don't lie...

Guest pod

AP doesn't lie, but the photo just might. I work in the industry on both the photo and the editorial end. Photos change hands like 10 times before they get posted or published.

I still think it is either gouging or some dork edited it.

Guest kurtispm8

They're gouging gas prices in Georgia because the pipline that serves G it's gas was knocked out. Those prices are real...

They won't get away with that in Fl.

Time to buy a new motocycle...