Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New iPod nano and iPhone

Guest trancepriest

Guest trancepriest

If it came in black with a carbon-carbon reinforced spectra-fibre shell, maybe.

I treat my current media player pretty harsh.

Ars offers iPod nano 'stress test and autopsy'

The 2GB iPod nano displayed amazing resilience to abuse during a stress test by Ars Technica: after throwing the device from a speeding vehicle at up to 50 Mph and running it over twice failed to stop the music from playing (despite its malfunctioning screen), according to the report. Ars finally manages to stop the music by throwing the Nano straight up into the air, roughly 40 feet, and letting it smash onto the concrete. The autopsy reveals "amazing engineering" and the usage of Toshiba flash memory chips rather than Samsung memory. Apple has also apparently moved away from Synaptics for click wheel manufacturing: the click wheel inside the 2GB Nano dissected appears to be designed from scratch, according to the report.

^^ Is the above treatment harsh enough Pod? I'm grabbing one from my client tomorrow... he already has 4 of em.

Almost.

I should be able to make a suit out of iPod nanos and walk through the streets of Overtown unscathed.

Oh, and I'll say it again...where's the video and integral CF or SD slot?

Guest trancepriest

Almost.

I should be able to make a suit out of iPod nanos and walk through the streets of Overtown Die-Hard 3 style and come out unscathed.

That would be easy... they won't know what it is... they'd probably think you're a terrorist.

Guest trancepriest

Oh, and I'll say it again...where's the video and integral CF or SD slot?

Heck I'm just grabbing it because its Apple, sleek and is the coolest gadget out on the block now... lol... I'm just happy that I didn't buy a mini or shuffle... I guess I'll tag my 40gb along with me as a portable HD... just the other day I was able to dump 36gb of Final Cut Studio on it.... comes in handy even with a dead battery.

I don't shop for cool, I shop for useful. My 10D is totally un-cool, but even 2.5 years down the line, it can outperform every one of the "cool" digital cameras made by Sony.

Guest trancepriest

I don't shop for cool, I shop for useful. My 10D is totally un-cool, but even 2.5 years down the line, it can outperform every one of the "cool" digital cameras made by Sony.

Sometimes I wonder if you even shop at all. The iPod nano is so cheap that its the same price as most CF cards that size. It beats any compact flash mp3 player on the market... so its both cool and functional.

I'm sure it can beat any CF MP3 player on the market. I'm not saying it is a bad device. The fashionistas and trendwhores are sure to snap this up at an alarming rate. Paris Hilton is sure to have a diamond-encrusted one crammed into some orifice of hers by next week, and I expect that Lindsey Lohan will have one sitting next to her crackpipe and patented binge-n-purge kit.

And I do shop, but it takes me weeks to buy anything. I comparison shop, demo, comparison shop some more, check new product annoucements, comparison shop some more, and then some. Shopping for me is hell. My relatives say fuck it and give me money for my birthday. My only impulse buy is when I walk by Katana Sushi.

My Archos purchase was the result of an exhaustive sequence just as that. I didn't let the fiend of Cupertino tell me what to buy.

10D? Even worse? I auditioned everything from a used D30 up to a 1Ds before settling on the 10D. Sure I display some sort of brand loyalty to Canon (OK, Canon is my version of your Apple), but it a logical brand loyalty if you think about it. But if KonicaMinolta was to come out with some sort of noise-free at ISO 12800 full-frame digital SLR with anti-shake and solid steel construction for under 3 grand? I'd probably sign over to them right now.