Clubplanet Nightlife Community

All you Latins should be ashamed of yourself.

V. Barbarino

I rarely go to sobe on ocean drive anymore, but I went down there to show my parents. Sobe is now not latin it's hip hop! There were cars with their systems blarring hip hop with curse words and of course "nigger/nigga" not sure whats the "PC" way of spelling it ::) Kids yelling out of their car windows at women and making comments. This one white dude rocking a tahoe with rims on it, with hip hop blarring with a few black dudes in the back where yelling "nigger" at some guy walking down ocen drive. Fat tuesdays has blarring hip hop and the people down in sobe are scum! It's turning worse than sea side heights nj! Saw a group of thugs try to attack a car of woman.

Why has the latin community given the keys of the city over to the hip hopsters??? Sobe is a shadow of it'self these days. It's truely sad to see what a great city has turned into. Forget the clubs, back in 97 sobe was these place to be on the planet! Now it's just washed up and overan with hip hop.

Kids drinking alcohol in the open!! WTF is up with that?

Ocean drive at night should be closed off to traffic at 7ish!

It's sad and you latins need to take back your city before it's too late..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest teabag

Half of those problems... would be gone if the police would act on the minor curfew... like they were doing a few years back... you did no see any minors doing anything...... Hip hop is the worst shit sobe has exported from the Northeast is time to blame the creators...(jersey,Nyc) ;D

Guest Devilicious

I told you not to go to Ocean drive ::)

Why is it the responsibility of the 'latins' ..... last time I checked this was our city too. Anyway it's all tourists in that area, so we can't really control what goes there unless you get cops involved.

What I really wish would stop is the assholes driving up and down with video cameras taping every girl who walks off the beach. South of 5th (and wet willie's once in awhile) are the ONLY acceptable parts of ocean drive/the beach

Guest defunes

You latins..haha...I think the gays and the blacks should pitch-in to make sobe nice for the jews and the honkies. I also think the guineas and the chinks should help clean the city of those awful krouts... ;D

Guest Cosmigonon

You latins..haha...I think the gays and the blacks should pitch-in to make sobe nice for the jews and the honkies. I also think the guineas and the chinks should help clean the city of those awful krouts... ;D

Hahahaha... ;D

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

I think what Saleen was trying to say in a more ethical manner is that SouthBeach used to be a little more "passive". ;D

Guest Satan

LMAO, yeah its the latin's fault your parents got to hear nigga nigga blaring.

Guest Cosmigonon

LMAO!!!!!

Sorry evertytime I read this I just can't stop laughing... ;D

Guest nova

umm too late .. too many hip-hop parties going on :-\

yep, to many... its only getting worst. I think we are on a verge to moving from south beach to design district. to my point of view i think south beach eventually will died out... not now... but sooner or later it will.

Guest Cosmigonon

umm too late .. too many hip-hop parties going on :-\

yep, to many... its only getting worst. I think we are on a verge to moving from south beach to design district. to my point of view i think south beach eventually will died out... not now... but sooner or later it will.

Have you been talking to Pod recently?

Guest Civs

don't actually know how the Latin community controls what is happening in mainstream music, hence the Hip Hop craze, but thanx for making us seem so important ;)

don't actually know how the Latin community controls what is happening in mainstream music, hence the Hip Hop craze, but thanx for making us seem so important ;)

You guys missed the point. It's not a music issue, it's a cultural issue. South beach use to be unique and had that latin foreign feel to it. It wasn't joe somebody fuckville, it was a latin community that was exciting, vibrant, sexy and certianly fun and friendly. Now I go down there and I'm on the defensive. No more laid back south beach. Guman said it best, people go there partk out front of the resturant, then go home, no more walking around to see the sites and sounds of south beach. Where did all the gays go to? Where are the rainbow flags? Where are the latin dancers? They need more mangos and less "hey nigga I'll fuck your girlfriend"...

Close that fucking road off at 7pm every night! Ticket people for sound ordiances and get the kids drinking off the street!!!!!!!

Saleen will be in politics one day, it's my goal and I know if I ran sobe, it would not be like the way it is.

Guest Devilicious

I agree about closing the road, suggested this just the other day. There's minimal parking there anyway, so there's no real loss on the matter.

Guest defunes

LMAO!!!!!

Sorry evertytime I read this I just can't stop laughing... ;D

;D 8)

I rarely go to sobe on ocean drive anymore, but I went down there to show my parents. Sobe is now not latin it's hip hop! There were cars with their systems blarring hip hop with curse words and of course "nigger/nigga" not sure whats the "PC" way of spelling it ::) Kids yelling out of their car windows at women and making comments. This one white dude rocking a tahoe with rims on it, with hip hop blarring with a few black dudes in the back where yelling "nigger" at some guy walking down ocen drive. Fat tuesdays has blarring hip hop and the people down in sobe are scum! It's turning worse than sea side heights nj! Saw a group of thugs try to attack a car of woman.

Why has the latin community given the keys of the city over to the hip hopsters??? Sobe is a shadow of it'self these days. It's truely sad to see what a great city has turned into. Forget the clubs, back in 97 sobe was these place to be on the planet! Now it's just washed up and overan with hip hop.

Kids drinking alcohol in the open!! WTF is up with that?

Ocean drive at night should be closed off to traffic at 7ish!

It's sad and you latins need to take back your city before it's too late..

when i first moved to miami years ago, i was right there on 13/collins...never once went on ocean unless i was crossing the street to go to the beach...but yea "noise pollution" n the prostitution is just out of hand...than u got the hoe's pimp following them on their 7 series w/ 26's calling them hoe where's ma money! deff not a place to bring down the 'Rents at night, thats for sure

its been like that for years now, at least ever since i moved down to fl

Guest pod

I would have couched it more diplomatically, but yeah the guy has a point here, people. Your sacred sandbar is no more, outside of a few clubs and posh hotels.

Where did the Latins go? They've gone downtown.

Where did the gays go? They went to Broward.

Now it really isn't a race issue here...more of an issue of thugs. I see Latin thugs, black thugs, white trash thugs, just thugs in general out cruising and harassing people. South Beach has been for the past few years a new stronghold of "urban" culture. While some aspect of urban culture I can tolerate, like the music and the art, I can't say the same for the behavior of a significant minority of the population.

When you've got 3-gallons-to-the-mile SUVs clogging an already crowded Washington Avenue blasting Gasolina and the occupants are screaming at every girl within 20 meters, it is really bad. The cops are either overwhelmed or just lazy. I've never seen MBPD officers act on these people and force them to shut down or get the hell off the street.

I remember I used to "walk" Washington Avenue for a bit before going out to shoot, just to get a feel for the night and maybe document some street scenes...nowadays I beeline straight for the club, only unpacking my gear at the front door.

3 years from now, South Beach will either be condo city or an oupost of thug culture.

Guest defunes

I would have couched it more diplomatically, but yeah the guy has a point here, people. Your sacred sandbar is no more, outside of a few clubs and posh hotels.

Where did the Latins go? They've gone downtown.

Where did the gays go? They went to Broward.

Now it really isn't a race issue here...more of an issue of thugs. I see Latin thugs, black thugs, white trash thugs, just thugs in general out cruising and harassing people. South Beach has been for the past few years a new stronghold of "urban" culture. While some aspect of urban culture I can tolerate, like the music and the art, I can't say the same for the behavior of a significant minority of the population.

When you've got 3-gallons-to-the-mile SUVs clogging an already crowded Washington Avenue blasting Gasolina and the occupants are screaming at every girl within 20 meters, it is really bad. The cops are either overwhelmed or just lazy. I've never seen MBPD officers act on these people and force them to shut down or get the hell off the street.

I remember I used to "walk" Washington Avenue for a bit before going out to shoot, just to get a feel for the night and maybe document some street scenes...nowadays I beeline straight for the club, only unpacking my gear at the front door.

3 years from now, South Beach will either be condo city or an oupost of thug culture.

Well put...I don't know what happened but I guess Miami Beach started attracting the wrong crowd. The diddies, the missies, the Nellies, whatever. Now it's trashy and ghetto. What happened to Prince and Madonna?

Guest gmstenback

The cops are either overwhelmed or just lazy. I've never seen MBPD officers act on these people and force them to shut down or get the hell off the street.

The cops are busy drinking cafesito at the corner store (to be specific I think its on the corner of Collins and 11th there's always a big gathering there) or they're busy telling small hotel lobies that have a decent crowd and play decent music to turn the music down.

However as far as the rest, its not just Sobe, its everywhere, when 90% of the population likes and support that type of music and culture. Even within the latin community and latin radio stations, all you hear is reggeton or rapeton or whatever the hell is called. ::)

Maybe Miami Beach needs a mayor that is willing to really clean up the city... But then again I think the epidemic expands far beyond Sobe... :-\

Guest Cosmigonon

The cops are either overwhelmed or just lazy. I've never seen MBPD officers act on these people and force them to shut down or get the hell off the street.

The cops are busy drinking cafesito at the corner store (to be specific I think its on the corner of Collins and 11th there's always a big gathering there) or they're busy telling small hotel lobies that have a decent crowd and play decent music to turn the music down.

However as far as the rest, its not just Sobe, its everywhere, when 90% of the population likes and support that type of music and culture. Even within the latin community and latin radio stations, all you hear is reggeton or rapeton or whatever the hell is called. ::)

Maybe Miami Beach needs a mayor that is willing to really clean up the city... But then again I think the epidemic expands far beyond Sobe... :-\

Words of wisdom. ;)