Clubplanet Nightlife Community

All you Latins should be ashamed of yourself.

V. Barbarino

Guest pod

There's noise ordinances and anti-cruising ordinances in effect, but I don't see them enforced.

A writer once said that Miami Beach needs a velvet rope at the causeway. I would tend to agree.

That and stop building so many damn condos. It's either pissy condo people or savages from Hialeah and Kendall...

Time to move downtown.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest teabag

I agree is shameful to see the crowds...... but If there is anybody to blame, I would agree with Pod and blame the police poor enforcement....there is an 18 and under curfew in Miami beach that used to be strongly enforced..... the cruising ordinance is just on paper and the low class prostitution is just horrible.. is getting worse than a truckstop in kentucky. POLICIA A TRABAJAR PUTOS!!

Guest pod

Though the minute the cops step up enforcement, some whiny bitch is gonna scream "brutality" or "profiling".

You know what? If they wanna be brutes, fine. I bet people fucking about won't be fucking about anymore.

Guest teabag

Yeah... but to a certain point everybody knows what a street punk looks like and act like.... first sign of vulgarity and or ordinance bending .... and tow away their weekend rental on 22'S ( cause they are all posers "wankstas" if not ask any rental company for their weekend local rental profile (svu on 24s on mom's or dad credit card... 70% up from 2 years ago) start fining parents again for having their 17 year old drive the family car and their younger entourage in to adult territory. But most importantly "a little bit of police brutality never hurts nobody" I did not say that it was a typo.....I do pro-bono, I love kids.

Guest james stratus

I know why the beach has reached this pinnacle of crappiness, but I will not say it becasue it will end up in finger pointing and derogatory comments (not at me, but the situation).

I will just say that this thug crap used to be pretty much contained between 6th and 7th streets, and no one can deny that ghetto cruisers from all points West have been on Ocean Drive since before the thug explosion. No Local belongs on Ocean Drive anyway, so no one that lives anywhere near here should complain about it. I can't really blam Hip Hop Music for it all, but do blame Diddy! Bah!

The cops need to do more for sure, but they are scared of getting pointed at as racists and having the whole thing land in the national press. Memorial Day started the thing, but as Pod says, the clubs are about making money! So that and all the other urban events are not going to stop anytime soon.

Guest pod

I'm not opposed to the clubs hosting said urban events. What I'm opposed to is the people cruising about making asses of themselves. Sad thing is, most of them aren't old enough to be in the clubs...so what the hell are they doing on the beach anyway?

Guest teabag

The day of reckoning is around the corner.... one pissed off police cowboy is gonna go bananas.... all those New Orleans cops that quit and are not wanted over there...... they were called cowards and scum.......guess what? they are freaking pissssed!!!!! please apply for work here... we have middle and upper class suburban "thugs"..... please God make my wish come true.....

Guest dirtyhouse777

I know why the beach has reached this pinnacle of crappiness, but I will not say it becasue it will end up in finger pointing and derogatory comments (not at me, but the situation).

I will just say that this thug crap used to be pretty much contained between 6th and 7th streets, and no one can deny that ghetto cruisers from all points West have been on Ocean Drive since before the thug explosion. No Local belongs on Ocean Drive anyway, so no one that lives anywhere near here should complain about it. I can't really blam Hip Hop Music for it all, but do blame Diddy! Bah!

The cops need to do more for sure, but they are scared of getting pointed at as racists and having the whole thing land in the national press. Memorial Day started the thing, but as Pod says, the clubs are about making money! So that and all the other urban events are not going to stop anytime soon.

true.

weren't they talking about extending the metrorail to miami beach at one point? good god!

Guest pod

That won't change a thing. The thugs get over here via bus or their own personal transport anyway. I actually fully support a Metrorail extension to Miami Beach. I don't drive, and getting from Downtown to the Beach and vice versa can either be fast or slow depending on the traffic. A rail link obviates that.

It's called Baylink...there's been plenty of discussion about it.

http://www.miamidade.gov/trafficrelief/updates_bay_link.asp

It isn't scheduled to even be on the budget till 2016. So I guess by 2026 it will be done. That's 20 years from now. By then I hope the cops are a little more motivated to crack down on these savages.

Guest james stratus

I'm not opposed to the clubs hosting said urban events. What I'm opposed to is the people cruising about making asses of themselves. Sad thing is, most of them aren't old enough to be in the clubs...so what the hell are they doing on the beach anyway?

I know and agree with what you are saying, but it is all much bigger than that. You could say that none of this would have happened if all the clubs on the beach had turned down all the promoters and artists for that first Memorial Day, but that still would not have quelled the storm. The kids you are talking about are from the points West I was speaking of.. Sorry folks; Hialeah, Kendall, Sweet Water... Miami in general. Ah screw it! It might as well be Ft Lauderdale ::)

Guest pod

And that is why there's a strong minority sentiment not to have the Baylink built. The Beach locals don't want "those people" coming over in droves...even though they are anyway.

All that I'm suggesting right now is that the police actually do their jobs on Miami Beach.

Guest james stratus

And that is why there's a strong minority sentiment not to have the Baylink built. The Beach locals don't want "those people" coming over in droves...even though they are anyway.

All that I'm suggesting right now is that the police actually do their jobs on Miami Beach.

Baylink is a whole other can of worms there buddy... A currently rediculous idea that if anything should have been done when they built the almost useless MetroRail. And can't these engineers build a tunnel ::)

But yes, the cops need to crack down on the cruisers, the idiots who yell out of the windows of their SUVs, the blairing Hip Hop coming out of the Bling Bling mobiles, all the drug dealers that I see every other week walking down the street just calling out "Coke!" or "Weed!", and the Nasty Hoes that are obviously "working" all up and down Collins (mostly between Espanola and Lincoln Rd Mr Police Man... They have moved North since they first started popping up in droves since about 2000).

I don't know why the city bothers to have the "Noise Ordinance" signs out on the causeways every weekend. This is all blatently in your face shit and they need to start doing something about it.

Guest dj_release

A tunnel from where to where?? I haven't seen any mountains around... and I don't think the ground below us is deep enough for a tunnel ???

Guest DonCornholeone

Would you guys want people to judge the house music / electronic musci scene based on "Castles in the Sky?"

I agree 100% with what you guys are saying, but let's get one things straight when it comes to the hip hop bashing. That bullshit you see out there on the streets is NOT HIP HOP CULTURE!!! That bullshit you hear on the radio and on MTV is NOT REAL HIP HOP MUSIC!!!

It is so frusterating that this "dirty south" type of bullshit is compleately destroying the hip hop movement and people do not even know or understand what Hip Hop is anymore.

The current form of "Rap" culture and music is to Hip Hop what modern reggaton and dance hall are to Roots Rock Reggae - pure 100% bastardization.

If you want to see real hip hip culture, go to a bboy battle and check out all the elements of hip hop culture, the vibes, the style, and the dance. That's real hip hop; this bullshit you guys are talking about is something else - "rap culture," or maybe you can call it "Hip Pop."

Also, when you bash true Hip hop, in some ways you bash House music because they come from the same family tree of disco, funk, soul, etc. and indeed a lot of the flavor of the house scene is influenced hevily by hip hop music, hip hop style and hip hop dance.

So let's remember that there is a true Hip Hop scene that is alive and well today in the underground and that it is in keeping with the origional hip hop culture, and this community does not support the types of garbage that you guys are complaining about. In fact, true hip hop is about peace, unity, non violence, and all types of good shit.

One

Guest james stratus

A tunnel from where to where?? I haven't seen any mountains around... and I don't think the ground below us is deep enough for a tunnel ???

Since it is possible for every other city with a river or bay around or closely connected to it to have underground tunnels for Subways and highways, so could miami have done that for the rediculusly designed Metro Rail. But it too late in the population explosion of Miami and Miami Beach to do anything like that :-\

Guest dj_release

well there are goods and bads to every single scene

of course these people we complain about are the bad part of the Hip Hop scene. They all carry out a thug attitude that doesn't quite well represent the core of what Hip Hop is. They just want to be copies of 50 cent, Eminem, and other MTV rappers. Which IMO is really blame, shows the little personality and class that these people can have.

And you are right House did come from Hip hop & Disco and other musical forms.

House & Electronic Music suffered of a similar disease with the rave culture & the candy ravers... and a lot of people identify any form of EDM with these people which of course is wrong too. With the recent change in direction of EDM (going back to its roots) this should all change in the future & hip hoppers (lol) or at least the real ones should be going back to their roots to change some people's views of their culture

Guest DonCornholeone

House & Electronic Music suffered of a similar disease with the rave culture & the candy ravers... and a lot of people identify any form of EDM with these people which of course is wrong too. With the recent change in direction of EDM (going back to its roots) this should all change in the future & hip hoppers (lol) or at least the real ones should be going back to their roots to change some people's views of their culture

Fucking .... right on the money!

Guest coach

Right, I couldn't care less what kind of music they fucking listen to, they need to go. I was the one that said we should have a velvet fucking rope at the causeway and everyone called me an elitist. I said 3 years ago when we moved here that we needed to close off Ocean Dr at night. Personally, I think SUVs should be illegal except for people who have a proven use for them (like ranchers, for example).

Talmage said not to go onto Ocean Dr at all. The real beautiful South Beach is now on Lincoln Rd. Where you can't drive. Coincidence? I think not. Lincoln, and to a lesser extent Espanola, is full of great restaurants and shops. But don't tell anybody.

Pod, we used to do that exact thing, just wander down Washington to take in the feel of the city. Just as recent as 2 years ago, it was still a decent walk. Now you have to dodge so many thugs and homeless folk that it is ridiculous.

I honestly do not think this is a condo issue, and we all know how much I hate those. Just like James said, these are almost exclusively mainlanders. And it is entirely an enforcement issue. I have seen it time and again in other cities. The kids go to cruise where the police do not enforce. When the police start enforcing in that area, the kids move on quickly.

Lots of cities imposed a "No Cruising" law, which I support. If you are seen passing the same intersection more than X number of times in a specified amount of time, you are cited. If this is enforced, it is very effective. I am not a big fan of the police state, but we do need some enforcement.

Oh, and on the condo issue, their day is about over. The ones being completed and the few still on the books from a while back are all that there will be. We recently passed a law that any increase in FAR (height, basically) for a given development spot needs to be approved by a public referrendum. So, we are stuck with what we've got, but I really doubt you will see any more. That ballot issue passed with an overwhelming majority, giving you an idea of how the locals feel about it.

/rant

Guest DonCornholeone

Everyone tells me I'm coldhearted when I propose forced labor camps and executions as the anwsers to all the worlds problems.

My proposition appears to meet with animocity account of the fact that whenever I propose this solution I assert that the sentences shall not be dealt out by a fixed law but by my own subjective viewpoints.

Guest gmstenback

Everyone tells me I'm coldhearted when I propose forced labor camps and executions as the anwsers to all the worlds problems.

My proposition appears to meet with animocity account of the fact that whenever I propose this solution I assert that the sentences shall not be dealt out by a fixed law but by my own subjective viewpoints.

;)

Guest coach

This is the conundrum.