Clubplanet Nightlife Community

All you Latins should be ashamed of yourself.

V. Barbarino

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coach

Is this thugville down on the beach something that exploded just recently?

My understanding is that it has been growing for a few years, but it has gotten considerably worse over just the past 2.

Guest sross

Interesting thread.

As a Brit who is in Miami pretty much every other month I suppose I have a bit of an outsiders view on this. South Beach definitely has problems, but then so does every single city centre in every country. Maybe the problems of South Beach are unique but if so, it is probably because South Beach itself is pretty unique.

There do seem to be a lot of thugs around although I can't say I've ever felt intimidated. Ocean Drive definitely needs to be pedestrianised - of that there is no doubt. Not only would it make for a much more pleasant atmosphere for all the tourists sipping their cappacinos in the cafes it would also make it somewhere that locals want to go to.

Whoever is complaining about the extension of MetroRail over to SoBe needs to think again. Sure it might bring over the odd thug but then most thugs have their own pimp-mobiles anyway - I bet they don't get much respect riding around their ghetto on a BMX. A decent transportation system between Downtown and South Beach would benefit both enormously. They may as well sort out some transportation for the rest of Miami while they are at it. Major transportation projects in London have transformed areas from rundown industrial areas into first class places to live, work and play. Hopefully a similar project in Miami would show people that public transportation isn't just for people who can't afford cars.

Guest DonCornholeone

There do seem to be a lot of thugs around although I can't say I've ever felt intimidated.

That's right, and hopefully no one ever does feel intimidated by these posturing pansies. Remember that this entire scene is FAKE. Their entire existance is based on the propgation of the illustion that they are "street." When they to weave their webs of illustion, just slap one of them across the face with a backhand like a pimp slaps his hos when they get out of line - then watch as he postures, and backs down and then his friends come up one at a time to posture and back down in turn.

Trust me, the funniest one I've seen was these little punk ass reggaton/2pac latin kids trying to fuck around with this poor homeless dude who was minding his own busienss. Well, the homeless dude wasn't tryin' to take any shit so he called this kids bluff. The kid promptly ran into Fudruckers and grabbed a 40oz bottle (Old English I believe) from his friend. He then persued the bum and postured with teh bottle. He swung the bottle, the bum blocked it, and then the bum came at him in a straight up fighting stance. The little reggaton kid froze up and backed down. Then waht did his friends do, then ran up to the bum, postured, and then backed down from him and went back inside. Since I was having a burger in Fudruckers at the time, I got to see the funniest part - when the kid went back into Fuduckers, the manager told him ot quit fucking around and go get his uniform on and start helping with some cleaning - dumb ass was performing this foolish ritual in front of his place of work.

Ocean Drive definitely needs to be pedestrianised - of that there is no doubt. Not only would it make for a much more pleasant atmosphere for all the tourists sipping their cappacinos in the cafes it would also make it somewhere that locals want to go to.

For now, Ocean is done - the whole place is fubar. Just take a look at Mango's and Cleavlander - these are hands down the two corniest places I have ever seen in my life, with the only possible exception being a couple spots in panama city beach i went to back in the day during spring break.

Guest sross

There do seem to be a lot of thugs around although I can't say I've ever felt intimidated.

That's right, and hopefully no one ever does feel intimidated by these posturing pansies. Remember that this entire scene is FAKE. Their entire existance is based on the propgation of the illustion that they are "street." When they to weave their webs of illustion, just slap one of them across the face with a backhand like a pimp slaps his hos when they get out of line - then watch as he postures, and backs down and then his friends come up one at a time to posture and back down in turn.

Yeah, it certainly seems like that. The pimped out cars, t-shirts down to the knees, bling jewelry, slutty girls etc.

Actually I think I might be in danger of getting a beating because I can't help laughing whenever I see one of those imbeciles :o

Guest Funketeer

I rarely go to sobe on ocean drive anymore, but I went down there to show my parents. Sobe is now not latin it's hip hop! There were cars with their systems blarring hip hop with curse words and of course "nigger/nigga" not sure whats the "PC" way of spelling it ::) Kids yelling out of their car windows at women and making comments. This one white dude rocking a tahoe with rims on it, with hip hop blarring with a few black dudes in the back where yelling "nigger" at some guy walking down ocen drive. Fat tuesdays has blarring hip hop and the people down in sobe are scum! It's turning worse than sea side heights nj! Saw a group of thugs try to attack a car of woman.

Why has the latin community given the keys of the city over to the hip hopsters??? Sobe is a shadow of it'self these days. It's truely sad to see what a great city has turned into. Forget the clubs, back in 97 sobe was these place to be on the planet! Now it's just washed up and overan with hip hop.

Kids drinking alcohol in the open!! WTF is up with that?

Ocean drive at night should be closed off to traffic at 7ish!

It's sad and you latins need to take back your city before it's too late..

why don't you go deer hunting with a vietnamese, you big fat ball of turd!

Guest james stratus

Parking is a serious hassle for the locals as well as any visitor, but anyone with a brain doesn't go looking for parking on Ocean Drive. So everyone that is waiting in that long ass line on 5th to get on to Ocean Drive is just going to Cruise. Solution: Close off 5 -15th Streets on Ocean every weekend! Just let in people who are cheking in to a hotel (with a valid reservation print out), and let in and out Valet if necessary.!

In fact half the fuckers that make traffic on the beach impossible every weekend are just there to cruise and holler at girls, or guys, or whatever, and are either too young or too cheap to get in anywhere. One of the worst examples of this is right in Front of Mansion and Sobe Live. That isn't all Valet.

Guest Chica

yoyoyo no hatin dawgs...... j/k I agree with Ocean Dr getting all ghetto but the truth is that there isnt any good clubs to bring different people... sad the tourists are going to think we are all thugs in MIA haha

Guest swank

yoyoyo no hatin dawgs...... j/k I agree with Ocean Dr getting all ghetto but the truth is that there isnt any good clubs there to bring different people... sad the tourists are going to think we are all thugs in MIA haha

true dat! ;D

Guest escobaju

-GREAT THREAD-

Its about time somebody takes the initiative to write about the hip-hop/rap/southern rap/regaeeton issue that has been taken over the s. beach scene for the past few years. It’s a shame to see American/Latinos give up so much pride and honor to thugness. Its true hip-hop/rap etc music is such a huge market here in Miami; that all club, lounge, shop, restaurant owners are raking in the bling-bling. But there is no reason for being disrespectful, hostile, and LOUD. Be yourself, smoke your weed and relax at a club, do your booty dance all night long while being honorable with who you truly are and where you come from. For now there is no way of stopping this scandalous wave of young American/latinos acting as if they are from the “real hoodâ€.

Every time I go to the beach or downtown, or specifically anywhere I know there will be good house music … I try to think of my next dance step and what track I want to listen to enjoy the night. But the rap and thugness is always around, but whatever, I really don’t give a crap about that, instead have fun and dance!!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-THANKGOD FOR AFTER HOURS=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

my 2 cents

8)