Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"Shoot First" law now in effect in Florida.

Guest pod

Guest pod

Gee Mursa, now I know who I can steal from.

I'm sorry, but I place my possessions that I have worked hard to acquire above the life of some scoundrel looking for something to sell so he can buy crack in the alley.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mursa

...well i guess that where we differ pod ..

...I won't have a clear consious taking a life (even though a crackhead petty thief....who ultimately can clean himself up and be reformed ) over a $100 car cd player .

Guest JMT

so you would let a crackhead steal from you and not make any attempt to stop him? stopping the crime doesnt have to mean killing the thief. however, its only when the crackhead assaults you that you can use justifiable force.

no sane person wants to take another's life and i certainly hope i dont ever get in a situation in life where i might have to make that decision. i doubt pod does either.

Guest pod

Yeah I'm not gonna shoot him, unless he makes a move to me, or attempts to escape with the goods. More often than not, pulling the weapon will be enough. That's the way theives work, they expect an unarmed victim.

Guest LeVeL

...I won't have a clear consious taking a life (even though a crackhead petty thief....who ultimately can clean himself up and be reformed ) over a $100 car cd player .

I totally agree with you, there is no reason to take a life for a petty theft. But this law will defintely have people Trigger happy, especially the nerds and the people who wont have the balls to stand up for themselves but instead take out a gun only because they feel threatened.

Shoot someone tries to rob me and I will defintely fight and put a struggle to it but I wont kill the guy.

Just imagine a 16 year old kid does a home invasion in your home but you happen to pull up to your drive way and you see the little fucker walking out with your laptop,jewelry, and your new IPOD. The 16 year old doesn't have a weapon with him.

Will you...

A. Rush and Call the Police

B. Take matter in your own hands and get your possesions back by putting a struggle

or

C. Shoot the 16 year old kid.

I dont know sometimes people get too wild up on their possesions but I wont kill someone unless I am seriously in danger...like for example a guy takes out a gun on me, takes out a knife on meor happens to kill or seriously hurts someone in front of me. But even then I will think twice before shooting.

Guest JMT

it is not legal to shoot someone who is walking away with your stuff.

if you people dont even know the law, thank the lord you dont plan on carrying guns.

again, there is a quick solution to your problem, DONT STEAL.

its not the law abiding gun owners who legally purchase guns and take the required courses that you need to worry about. its the criminals who dont follow the laws. this new law isnt going to make normal people animals.

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

it is not legal to shoot someone who is walking away with your stuff.

if you people dont even know the law, thank the lord you dont plan on carrying guns.

again, there is a quick solution to your problem, DONT STEAL.

Janet lol hence this whole arguement, idiots rule lmao.

It's not the intelligent, sophisticated, educated people carrying firearms we are worried about.

Guest pod

If you're old enough to do the crime, you're old enough to deal with the consequences. I wouldn't necessarily shoot someone trying to rip me off, but I know I would at least pull the weapon.

I'm not rich like the rest of y'all. I can't just let someone walk away with my computer or sound system.

Guest JMT

Officer I was assaulted with a sponge, I had no choice but to use deadly force...............

lol, exactly. the law doesnt allow all common sense to be thrown out the window. the use of force still has to be justified.

it doesnt even have involve guns. you also need justification to pick up a bottle or pipe (both deadly weapons) if you get attacked by a gang while alone in an alley. if you were in that situation, would you want to be prosecuted bc you didnt make a valid enough attempt to "run away" before defending youself? what if you punched one of them and he hit his head and died, should you face charges bc you didnt make a "reasonable attempt to flee"?

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

Pod where is that photo of the biker with the AK-47 on his back? that photo would be so suitable for this thread lol ................

Guest mursa

I totally agree with you' date=' there is no reason to take a life for a petty theft. But this law will defintely have people Trigger happy, especially the nerds and the people who wont have the balls to stand up for themselves but instead take out a gun only because they feel threatened.

Shoot someone tries to rob me and I will defintely fight and put a struggle to it but I wont kill the guy.

Just imagine a 16 year old kid does a home invasion in your home but you happen to pull up to your drive way and you see the little fucker walking out with your laptop,jewelry, and your new IPOD. The 16 year old doesn't have a weapon with him.

Will you...

A. Rush and Call the Police

B. Take matter in your own hands and get your possesions back by putting a struggle

or

C. Shoot the 16 year old kid.

I dont know sometimes people get too wild up on their possesions but I wont kill someone unless I am seriously in danger...like for example a guy takes out a gun on me, takes out a knife on meor happens to kill or seriously hurts someone in front of me. But even then I will think twice before shooting.

[/quote']

right on .........

..Did you see the case that occured in boca a few months back ...... a kid pulling a prank by knocking on peoples doors and then running away got Shoot in the back as he was running away ...

..the shooters excuse .." i thought that was a burgeler "

many more episodes like this will happen cause of this law .

Guest JMT

i am from boca. it was midnight, the guy is about 5-5 and the kid was over 6 feet. the kid was booby-trapping the porch. a person has a right to defend his home. however, the shooter is facing charges bc he shot the kid in the back.

the laws pertaining to the protection of one's property are the same that they have always been. so your comment makes no sense.

you can make all the generalizations you want, but you are ignorant to the actual law.

Guest saintjohn

For those of you who are too young to remember, weren't living in Florida at the time, or simply have selective memories, Florida was supposed to become the "Wild West" when the state first adopted its current concealed weapons law way back in 1987. Guess what? Contrary to the predictions of certain politicians, pundits, and professional alarmists, the violent crime rate went down.

According to the Department of State, Florida issued 798,732 concealed weapon licenses between October 1, 1987, and February 29, 2002. Of those, a total of 146 (0.02%) were revoked due to firearm-related crimes committed by licensees. Between 1987 and 1992, Florida`s homicide rate decreased 23%, while the overall U.S. rate rose by 9%.

Do the math - don't believe the hype.

Guest mursa

.....6 foot , 7 foot .......doesnt matter ! .........the kid was 14 yrs old and running away after knocking on the door and fleeing ( booby trap ? ) .

Try and say it was an unfortunate accident , but to excuse such an idiot is ......"ignorant" on your part .

Guest JMT

.....6 foot , 7 foot .......doesnt matter ! .........the kid was 14 yrs old and running away after knocking on the door and fleeing ( booby trap ? ) .

Try and say it was an unfortunate accident , but to excuse such an idiot is ......"ignorant" on your part .

he was 16. he went to my same high school. he was rigging the guy's porch with fishing line when the owner opened the door after hearing noises. know the facts before you reference something.

it was unfortunate. the kid was bigger than the guy and it was dark. i didnt excuse him. he was charged with manslaughter. im sure if he could take it back, he would.

however, the law change has zero to do with defending your property.

For those of you who are too young to remember, weren't living in Florida at the time, or simply have selective memories, Florida was supposed to become the "Wild West" when the state first adopted its current concealed weapons law way back in 1987. Guess what? Contrary to the predictions of certain politicians, pundits, and professional alarmists, the violent crime rate went down.

According to the Department of State, Florida issued 798,732 concealed weapon licenses between October 1, 1987, and February 29, 2002. Of those, a total of 146 (0.02%) were revoked due to firearm-related crimes committed by licensees. Between 1987 and 1992, Florida`s homicide rate decreased 23%, while the overall U.S. rate rose by 9%.

you cant argue with stats.

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

According to the Department of State, Florida issued 798,732 concealed weapon licenses between October 1, 1987, and February 29, 2002. Of those, a total of 146 (0.02%) were revoked due to firearm-related crimes committed by licensees. During that same period, Florida`s homicide rate decreased 23%, while the overall U.S. rate rose by 9%.

Saint,

I agree with you on almost all point's, I tend to be sarcastic and envoke humor amongst alot of these thread's( as I'm sure you can tell ;).

I know the statistics and it's more than likely a " upped firedrill" scenario like you have stated based on the number's over the years.

I do believe that more liberals and conservatives are becoming "gun owners" these day's that certainly doesn't justify violent crimes number's or self defense law's. I know of the 4 houses on my street 3 of the owner's have a registered firearm.

I think we have much more to fear as civilians from" The Patriot Act" than gun law's.

Guest saintjohn
I tend to be sarcastic

I certainly appreciate your sense of humor, especially when conversations (like this one) get overly serious here.

I do believe that more liberals and conservatives are becoming "gun owners" these day's

Gun sales seem healthy, but I'm not sure if more Floridians will be applying for concealed carry permits.

I know of the 4 houses on my street 3 of the owner's have a registered firearm.

Registered? With whom?

I think we have much more to fear as civilians from" The Patriot Act" than gun law's.

Ever hear "The Guns of Brixton," by the Clash?

Guest BIOBLIZZARD
I tend to be sarcastic

I certainly appreciate your sense of humor, especially when conversations (like this one) get overly serious here.

I do believe that more liberals and conservatives are becoming "gun owners" these day's

Gun sales seem healthy, but I'm not sure if more Floridians will be applying for concealed carry permits.

Registered? With whom?

Sorry err um opps conceiled permits..

Aww the CLASH ;) I have to go dig up some Vinyl now

Guest BIOBLIZZARD
I tend to be sarcastic

Registered? With whom?

Sorry err um opps conceiled permits..

Aww the CLASH ;) I have to go dick up some Vinyl now

Hey Saint did you read about CBGB losing their lease after all these years sad :'(

Guest saintjohn
Hey Saint did you read about CBGB losing their lease after all these years sad

Yeah, very sad. You can read the club's side of the story here:

http://www.cbgb.com/

Background Information on CBGB Eviction

Even after the Manhattan Courts ruled that CBGB was not in the wrong about incorrectly billed rent increases and should not be evicted, CBGB was served with eviction papers from their landlord, a homeless organization, the Bowery Residents Committee.

To Date, CBGB Has:

-- Agreed to pay significant rent increases

-- Obtained Certificate of Occupancy for the entire building

-- Secured two separate third-party guarantors

-- Agreed to provide a substantial security deposit

-- Agreed to contribute $97,500 (the amount of the disputed rent arrears plus interest) in good faith to the BRC upon receiving a new lease, even though the Manhattan courts ruled that CBGB did not owe any money to the BRC

-- Guaranteed to raise the BRC additional funds in good faith through fundraising efforts, with a target of $100,000!

Regardless of which version of the situation you believe, it's still disappointing that such a historic venue has been evicted. Maybe if the owners had worked out a more favorable licensing deal on all of those CBGB shirts I saw at Bloomingdale's last season, they wouldn't be in this mess now.

Guest mursa

he was 16. he went to my same high school. he was rigging the guy's porch with fishing line when the owner opened the door after hearing noises. know the facts before you reference something.

it was unfortunate. the kid was bigger than the guy and it was dark. i didnt excuse him. he was charged with manslaughter. im sure if he could take it back, he would.

however, the law change has zero to do with defending your property.

you cant argue with stats.

So i don't got my facts str8 cause the kid was 16 instead of 14 ? lol .

..yea , you really put me in my place with that one .