Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"Shoot First" law now in effect in Florida.

Guest pod

Guest mursa

Someone who lives in the neighborhood posted last night, and said the kid was running towards home, he lived about ten houses away, and that he was many feet from the house at the time of impact.

that would be boca del mar. so they were there? probably the same person who saw someone on the grassy knoll in dallas.

the kid went to my high school. i followed the story religiously. the court must have just skipped over that info.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1013477/posts ..take a few minutes and read some of their replys .

ill stick the facts of the case, not opinions. as you have shown here, any herb can go about talking like they know what went down without having a clue.

I stuck with the facts myself in my prior post link and a picture........but seeing others (neutral) views on the same incident even further cemented my stance on this topic . While you quoted the obvious/predictable view of events of the Levin family, in an attempt to justify his actions and save his ass .

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest teabag

In my opinion and in the rule of law, one has "justifiable" moments of violence, self-defense is one of the few situations were justifiable violence is interpreted by the rule of law as the last resort to protect one's life, family or personal property. All of which has to be applied in a reasonable, justifiable and clear manner just like reasonable cause is applied on the other side of the table. To simply shoot people is a crime' as it is excessive force on an unarmed attacker.

Guest JMT

Someone who lives in the neighborhood posted last night, and said the kid was running towards home, he lived about ten houses away, and that he was many feet from the house at the time of impact.

that would be boca del mar. so they were there? probably the same person who saw someone on the grassy knoll in dallas.

the kid went to my high school. i followed the story religiously. the court must have just skipped over that info.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1013477/posts ..take a few minutes and read some of their replys .

ill stick the facts of the case, not opinions. as you have shown here, any herb can go about talking like they know what went down without having a clue.

I stuck with the facts myself in my prior post link and a picture........but seeing others (neutral) views on the same incident even further cemented my stance on this topic . While you quoted the obvious/predictable view of events of the Levin family, in an attempt to justify his actions and save his ass .

i linked a story from a reporter who sat in during court, containing ALL of the facts.

by the witnesses admission the kids' plan was to ring the doorbell. he was caught off guard tying the fishing line. this contradicts your half-assed knowledge of the case.

so are you an idiot or just stubborn?

Guest codequeen

How are you supposed to know what they have broken into your house to do? Are you supposed to say, excuse me, sir, can you please inform me of your intentions? Maybe theyre there to rob you, maybe theyre there to rape you, maybe theyre there to kill you. If it comes down to me or them, i pick me. And if i'm going down, you can bet your ass i'm doing everything i can to bring them down with me. Fuck em, they made their choice.

Guest pod

This is true. If someone breaks into my home in the dark, at 3 AM, I would rather send them off, than take a chance on whether they are armed or not. "Excuse me, are you armed"? That's not gonna work. I'll take my chances in court.

Someone breaks into your home like that, or if you are jumped on the street in a similar fashion, I would consider that a threat to your life, thus it would be reasonable under this law to shoot them. In a situation like that, you don't have the luxury of asking them what their intentions are.

Guest mursa

This is true. If someone breaks into my home in the dark, at 3 AM, I would rather send them off, than take a chance on whether they are armed or not. "Excuse me, are you armed"? That's not gonna work. I'll take my chances in court.

Someone breaks into your home like that, or if you are jumped on the street in a similar fashion, I would consider that a threat to your life, thus it would be reasonable under this law to shoot them. In a situation like that, you don't have the luxury of asking them what their intentions are.

How bout if someone knocked on ur door ?

Would you shoot them and then call police , or vice verca ?

Guest pod

That's why they invented peepholes. I would ask what their intentions were if I did not know them. If they looked shifty, they would not gain entrance.

On the other hand, if they forced entrance after I denied them? Well, then I would open fire.

Guest mursa

That's why they invented peepholes. I would ask what their intentions were if I did not know them. If they looked shifty, they would not gain entrance.

On the other hand, if they forced entrance after I denied them? Well, then I would open fire.

Agreed !

Guest swank

grpmenguns3tz.jpg

please...STFU on this forum about your STUPID guns...

enough already.....it's like a fucking pissing contest....sheesh ::)

Guest saintjohn

Don't like it? Quit clicking on this discussion. Problem solved.

Maybe we should turn this topic into "Say something about the gun owner above you."

Guest pod

Well we know which side of the spectrum you fall on. I suspect you use the Bill of Rights as toilet paper too.

Guest swank

Maybe we should turn this topic into "Say something about the gun owner above you."

typical answer....*yawn* why don't you go ahead and start the thread about 'about the gun owner above you' ?

my experience has always led me to watch out for the quite ones and not the loud mouths

take your tough talk here...http://www.jouster.com

Guest swank

Well we know which side of the spectrum you fall on. I suspect you use the Bill of Rights as toilet paper too.

no POD...you don't know what side I'm on, and shouldn't assume either. This is not about 'rights' it's about 'the right time' and place for certain discussions. A light glimpse of a subject is not bad...but 5 pages of the same argument? For god sakes man...pick up the phone and talk to each other.

The premise of 'CoolJunkie' is club related and lighter conversations....no?

Guest pod

Yeah, but this is Junkie Chat which is the "off-topic" forum, where anything goes pretty much. In case you didn't notice, I move shit here on a regular basis that doesn't belong anywhere else.

You haven't been here that long, but sometimes discussions get pretty heated in this section. ;D

Guest saintjohn
This is not about 'rights' it's about 'the right time' and place for certain discussions.

Usually people complain about over-zealous CoolJunkie moderators censoring posts and stifling free speech. This is new.

Guest JMT

typical answer....*yawn* why don't you go ahead and start the thread about 'about the gun owner above you' ?

and you can go start one called "say something about the whiny person above you."

Guest junglesmacks

my experience has always led me to watch out for the quite ones and not the loud mouths

take your tough talk here...http://www.jouster.com

kind of ironic you saying this, being the newly appointed ITG of the moment.. :D

btw, get a haircut.. the overgrown pube look went out in the 60's....

lmao

Guest swank

Yeah, but this is Junkie Chat which is the "off-topic" forum, where anything goes pretty much. In case you didn't notice, I move shit here on a regular basis that doesn't belong anywhere else.

You haven't been here that long, but sometimes discussions get pretty heated in this section. ;D

I understand...I was getting fed up with the same *few* rattling off endlessly about what they would do...just like the guys who tell you what they should have done after they got their ass whooped in a fight. ;D

Guest teabag

Swank, the new law doesn't change the fact we are happy trigger people, if you feel so safe....good for you. I like taking my own safety precautions and not leave it at random or to a government agency.