Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Scientology is a little obsessive...

Guest JustBeFABOLOUS9

Guest JustBeFABOLOUS9

Quit yellin', it's

only childbirth

Katie Holmes' mission impossible will be giving birth without painkillers - or screaming.

That's because her fiancé, "Mission Impossible" star Tom Cruise, is a Scientologist.

Practitioners of Scientology are against drugs but insist on "silent birth" because they believe it's traumatic for babies to hear their mothers groan or cry.

"Maintain silence in the presence of birth to save the sanity of the mother and the child and safeguard the home to which they will go," church founder L. Ron Hubbard wrote in his best-selling "Dianetics."

That's easier to preach than practice.

Another famous Scientologist, actress Kelly Preston, told Redbook magazine in 2000 that she screamed for an epidural while giving birth at home to daughter Ella.

But her husband, actor John Travolta, who is also a Scientologist, didn't have time to drive Preston to the hospital.

"It got hard-core at the end because she was big," Preston said of her 13-hour ordeal.

Travolta later described it as a "beautiful, still experience that lovingly brings a child into the world without screaming or talking."

Of course, he didn't have the baby.

Scientologists also favor seven days of silence for newborns so their first week on Earth is trauma-free. But this has run afoul of state-mandated blood tests, which require at least a pinprick.

Corky Siemaszko

* I read this and it freaked me out

Guest jamu

A good book on how twisted this occult is, is a book called "Snapping" and another one called "Cults in Our Mist." These people are nuts. Whats worse is the fact that

Whats worse is the fact that there are medical studies that show that children without affection and conversation accually die. It is the reason that there was an epidemic of child deaths in the early 1900's in adoption homes.

Whats also funny is the fact they don't believe in psychology or Psychiatry, but believe in trauma. Go figure ::).

Guest web_norah

yeah i saw Tom Cruise when he was live going on about how post partum depression is bs...........as if he'd given birth or something, what an idiot.

and just so you know, John Travolta, Kirstey Alley, they're Scientologists too.

Guest slamminshaun

Why do so many people put so much weight in what Hollywood wackjobs think anyway? Their religion, politics, and way of life are completely different from the mainstream of society. Hollywood is an occult in itself.

Guest dirtyhouse777

i once went with a few friends to "the church" just out of curiosity... did the "personality test" and watched the info movie (which oddly reminded me of some sort of spoof from MAD magazine)

my take: if you enjoy bizarre experiences and have an afternoon to blow, head over to the church.

Guest JustBeFABOLOUS9

save katie.

Why???

She has two legs and a car. I would ride out on Tom. She knew what she got into.

Im young and I may not be the one to talk but!!!!! She young, in love, and willing to do whatever it takes. Its not a bad thing but personally I would not change for anyone especially my religion. If I was to change my religion Scientology wouldnt be my choice. Nicole Kidman stuck by her beliefs and she was with Tom for a while. Katie needs to grow some balls, because I could bet that she really doesnt want to go threw with 'Silent Births' and 'Being Baptized' and whatever they do.

Guest JMT

save katie.

Why???

She has two legs and a car. I would ride out on Tom. She knew what she got into.

i was joking. but love makes people do dumb things that might regret later.

• 1 month later...
Guest JMT

Cruise Slammed for Sonogram Machine Purchase

Tom Cruise has been slammed for buying a sonogram machine for his pregnant fiancee Katie Holmes, with health experts warning that he's putting his unborn child at risk. Officials at the American College of Radiology (ACR) are highly concerned by Cruise's revelation that he purchased the device to track his child's progress, and they're warning him that he could be breaking the law if he's carrying out the scans himself. Dr. Carol M. Rumack, of the ACR Ultrasound Commission, says, "This is a patient safety issue. Untrained people, even if they have the financial means, should not buy, or be allowed to buy and operate, ultrasound machines which are, in fact, medical devices and should not be used without a medical indication. Images of the fetus are an opportunity to diagnose problems before birth that may require treatment. These images should be obtained by certified technologists under the supervision of physicians properly trained in ultrasound... The ACR is concerned that Tom Cruise has been badly advised regarding the use and potential abuse of ultrasound. There are many abnormalities that may be missed by the untrained eye. Also, if it is not medically necessary, the use of ultrasound raises unnecessary physical risk to the fetus."

Guest clubgoddess

Ive never been a fan of Tom Cruise...but be completely silent during childbirth?? Id like to see one of the men try to squeeze something the size of a watermelon out of something the size of a lemon, geez.

Guest slamminshaun

i think Kabbalah peeps also have to donate like 10% of their income or something crazy like that....

It's called tithing. Technically, Christians are supposed to do it too.....unfortunately, Uncle Sam forces me to tithe triple that amount so God will just have to get in line.

Guest web_norah

i think Kabbalah peeps also have to donate like 10% of their income or something crazy like that....

It's called tithing. Technically' date=' Christians are supposed to do it too.....unfortunately, Uncle Sam forces me to tithe triple that amount so God will just have to get in line.

[/quote']

it is not required, you donate what you wish to donate but it isn't an obligation.