Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Steve Lawler?!

Guest Marina22

Guest Cosmigonon

One of the problems with the patio on Sunday was the crowd. Way too many guys way too banged up being way inappropriate.

You think so? That was nothing compared to the previous sunday...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Devilicious

One of the problems with the patio on Sunday was the crowd. Way too many guys way too banged up being way inappropriate.

You think so? That was nothing compared to the previous sunday...

wasn't on the Aptio the previous Sunday.... lol

Guest LdySphynx

You know I LOVED the old Lawler. Dark tribal house and twisted drums

Yep, this is the LAWLER I grew to Love and Enjoy!!!!

Have no clue WTF happened ???

Guest Cosmigonon

You know, people change, obviously his taste in music changed...

Guest tres-b

Personally, I liked the dark, nasty beats that Lawler used to play. However, some of the tracks he has produced/remixed over the last 12 months have been quality. Examples below:

Shapeshifters-Back to Basics(Lawler's Return to Rehab Mix)

Steve Lawler-That Sound

Murk-Reach For Me(Lawler Mix)

As for the new Lights Out 3, I dig it. There is a real elctro acid feel to Discs 1 and 2 that still has some tribal beats kicking here and there. The 3rd disc is a collection of tracks from his Harlem label that has some strong tracks as well.

Guest LdySphynx

Yeah exactly, let´s see if PVD´s taste in music changes and he can bring us some Dark Tribal Beats!!!

WTF!?

Guest Cosmigonon

Yeah exactly, let´s see if PVD´s taste in music changes and he can bring us some Dark Tribal Beats!!!

WTF!?

Well, that'd actually be cool, you know...

Guest Cosmigonon

Personally, I liked the dark, nasty beats that Lawler used to play. However, some of the tracks he has produced/remixed over the last 12 months have been quality. Examples below:

Shapeshifters-Back to Basics(Lawler's Return to Rehab Mix)

Steve Lawler-That Sound

Murk-Reach For Me(Lawler Mix)

As for the new Lights Out 3, I dig it. There is a real elctro acid feel to Discs 1 and 2 that still has some tribal beats kicking here and there. The 3rd disc is a collection of tracks from his Harlem label that has some strong tracks as well.

Please, do not forget:

Bombdogs - I can't explain (Steve Lawler remix)

When he dropped that one on the patio, that alone made that morning worth it... 8) 8) 8) 8)

Guest HouseJunkie

In Lawler's defense, maybe the DJ boot was too dark and he couldn’t find the good traxx. Damn, have you ever tried to find your keys in the dark!

Next time we’ll leave the lights on for him, like Motel 6 :)

Guest Devilicious

In Lawler's defense, maybe the DJ boot was too dark and he couldn’t find the good traxx. Damn, have you ever tried to find your keys in the dark!

Sorry, try again. This was on the patio in broad daylight.

Guest dj_release

LOL yeah poor guy

he's sucked the past few months.... sooooo i don't think that was it ;D

Guest Cosmigonon

Sorry, try again. This was on the patio in broad daylight.

Damn girl, what do you drink or eat that keeps you always so sharp?? :o :o ;D

Guest LeVeL

You know I wasn't there to completely hear Lawlers Set only the early Main Room Portion but as far as the Opening Dj is concerned he sucked ass miserably he was putting me to sleep big time...Playing that Deep House Crap.

But as far as Lawler is concerned the guy is no longer the the DJ who played Tribal Non stop through his set. The guy wants to progress his sound and do new things instead of the same Tribal produced Tracks. People have to stop being snobby and stop comparing the Tribal Lawler with the Lawler of now.

Earlier this year, I went to his Lights Out Party @ State during Conference and I had an awesome time hearing the guy. Even then he wasn't non-stop tribal, but yet you see the reviews of that and you see how everyone was bashing him.

I guess I take in consideration the vibe of the party and the people I was with at the time. I really dont try to focus too much on what tracks that are played but if I remember I mention them but thats not important to me. And Lawler doesn't have to play 100% Tribal in his sets either.

People have to stop comparing his sound and just enjoy the music he plays. When people go see Madonna they go see Madonna the artist...they dont go to compare the Old Madonna to the Kabala Madonna.

Its Just BS...thats why when I see most of the reviews on CJ recently, I just dont go by them unless I see for myself. A lot of people on this thread are bashing the guy just to be followers but yet stayed @ Space to enjoy his whole set.

Guest Philip

People have to stop being snobby and stop comparing the Tribal Lawler with the Lawler of now.

Earlier this year' date=' I went to his Lights Out Party @ State during Conference and I had an awesome time hearing the guy. Even then he wasn't non-stop tribal, but yet you see the reviews of that and you see how everyone was bashing him.

I guess I take in consideration the vibe of the party and the people I was with at the time. I really dont try to focus too much on what tracks that are played but if I remember I mention them but thats not important to me. And Lawler doesn't have to play 100% Tribal in his sets either.

People have to stop comparing his sound and just enjoy the music he plays. When people go see Madonna they go see Madonna the artist...they dont go to compare the Old Madonna to the Kabala Madonna.

Its Just BS...thats why when I see most of the reviews on CJ recently, I just dont go by them unless I see for myself. A lot of people on this thread are bashing the guy just to be followers but yet stayed @ Space to enjoy his whole set.

[/quote']

1. How is comparing the old Lawler sound to the new Lawler sound make anyone snobby? So im a snob because I mentioned I like the older sound better? Am I not allowed to hold that opinion?

2. Who said that he has to play %100 tribal to make them happy? Not me. I just wanted to hear muzik that would at least motivate me to dance a little.

3. The reason why people are responding the way they are is because THEY DONT LIKE THE NEW SOUND. And you know what else - ITS THERE PEROGATIVE NOT TO LIKE IT IF THEY DONT WANT TO and it doesn’t make them snobs.

4. As far as State @ WMC this year - alot of forums rated that party as one of the worst parties of last year’s conference. But im not going to call you a snob for enjoying it!

Guest lulamishka

People have to stop being snobby and stop comparing the Tribal Lawler with the Lawler of now.

Earlier this year, I went to his Lights Out Party @ State during Conference and I had an awesome time hearing the guy. Even then he wasn't non-stop tribal, but yet you see the reviews of that and you see how everyone was bashing him.

1. How is comparing the old Lawler sound to the new Lawler sound make anyone snobby? So im a snob because I mentioned I like the older sound better? Am I not allowed to hold that opinion?

2. Who said that he has to play %100 tribal to make them happy? Not me. I just wanted to hear muzik that would at least motivate me to dance a little.

3. The reason why people are responding the way they are is because THEY DONT LIKE THE NEW SOUND. And you know what else - ITS THERE PEROGATIVE NOT TO LIKE IT IF THEY DONT WANT TO and it doesn’t make them snobs.

4. As far as State @ WMC this year - alot of forums rated that party as one of the worst parties of last year’s conference. But im not going to call you a snob for enjoying it!

Damn skippy! 8)

Guest Satan

1) lawler used to rock the patio, this time it was a small (decent) ripple...the new sound is , well, maybe its ahead of its time.

2) always too many goddam guys on the Aptio, if you ask me (aka homo magnet)....whatever.

3)roger sanchez is the 2005 KING OF THE motherfuckin APTIO!!!! i truly believe that cannot be disputed, not even by E.M. ;D

we'll see what november looks like....this oughta rock.

Guest ALKO-HAULIC

"NO SLEEP NOVEMBER " is almost upon us!!!!!!!!!! SANCHEZ ID THE KING OF THE FUCKING APTIO!!!!!!!!!!then comes morillo who is the "make me dance till my legs are jello and i can't find my beeeetches" king!!!!!1

Guest RzO

Who opened?

sean miller...lawler chose him to tour with him for the whole n. american part...he is a resident @ boa in toronto...

as for the night....i thought it was dope....mainroom set was on point i thought deep and dark with hints of elektro which i expected...i had a good time and for the terrace i thought it was boring in the beggining but definitely got better as the morning progressed...nothing like sander on the terrace which i sure hope happens on sat/sun...

Guest ALKO-HAULIC

"NO SLEEP NOVEMBER " is almost upon us!!!!!!!!!! SANCHEZ ID THE KING OF THE FUCKING APTIO!!!!!!!!!!then comes morillo who is the "make me dance till my legs are jello and i can't find my beeeetches" king!!!!!1

ROFLMAO!!!!!

The Eel and I are NOT missing it this time!!!!1

you beeeeeeetches better not miss MR SANCHEZ this time!!!!!! im sure he will come soooooo correct, as last time when i gave you both space alarms and wakeup calls missed the BEST APTIO SESSION EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!