Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Steve Lawler?!

Guest Marina22

Guest junglesmacks

3)roger sanchez is the 2005 KING OF THE motherfuckin APTIO!!!! i truly believe that cannot be disputed, not even by E.M. ;D

we'll see what november looks like....this oughta rock.

AGREED

there is NO WAY im missing this.. his set earlier this year was hands down the best set i have ever heard at space.. ever.

i have been waiting sooooo long.. i dont care what it takes...

im there.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest skywalker01

i didnt go to see the guy @ HOB in borelando but i was told it was pratically the same from at least 10 diff people that the sound was just a bit boring, even his new cd is a bit :-[

HOB plain sucks as an EDM venue (as i said before) anyway, i was there and i don't think his set was boring. it had its moments and he dropped some bombs towards the end. it was worth going, but it doesn't come close to the "sound" that made him who he is. the lights out party in 2004 was one for the ages, though

i didnt go to see the guy @ HOB in borelando but i was told it was pratically the same from at least 10 diff people that the sound was just a bit boring, even his new cd is a bit :-[

HOB plain sucks as an EDM venue (as i said before) anyway, i was there and i don't think his set was boring. it had its moments and he dropped some bombs towards the end. it was worth going, but it doesn't come close to the "sound" that made him who he is. the lights out party in 2004 was one for the ages, though

i didn't go, but i was @ space in the terrace for his sit last weekend...i had a good time, but i deff felt like it wasnt the lawler from back in the day(as this discussion has been brought up a few times now)...i got my info from sceneotown

Guest lulamishka

"NO SLEEP NOVEMBER " is almost upon us!!!!!!!!!! SANCHEZ ID THE KING OF THE FUCKING APTIO!!!!!!!!!!then comes morillo who is the "make me dance till my legs are jello and i can't find my beeeetches" king!!!!!1

ROFLMAO!!!!!

The Eel and I are NOT missing it this time!!!!1

you beeeeeeetches better not miss MR SANCHEZ this time!!!!!! im sure he will come soooooo correct, as last time when i gave you both space alarms and wakeup calls missed the BEST APTIO SESSION EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, can you beeches remind me again when Mr. Sanchez is coming back? ??? Sounds like I need to come out for this.

As for Morillo...Alki, you KNOW I'll be there!!!! 8)

And what ever happened to the T-shirts?

"NO SLEEP NOVEMBER " is almost upon us!!!!!!!!!! SANCHEZ ID THE KING OF THE FUCKING APTIO!!!!!!!!!!then comes morillo who is the "make me dance till my legs are jello and i can't find my beeeetches" king!!!!!1

ROFLMAO!!!!!

you beeeeeeetches better not miss MR SANCHEZ this time!!!!!! im sure he will come soooooo correct, as last time when i gave you both space alarms and wakeup calls missed the BEST APTIO SESSION EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, can you beeches remind me again when Mr. Sanchez is coming back? ??? Sounds like I need to come out for this.

I wont be there for Morillo...Turkey Day in Detroit this year.

Guest lulamishka

ROFLMAO!!!!!

I know. :'(

You'll be there in spirit though. :)

Guest Electric Eel

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Helllz no, we are so not missing it this time! If I have to I will give someone the key to my house to pull my ass out of bed! lol

Guest Electric Eel

2) always too many goddam guys on the Aptio, if you ask me (aka homo magnet)....whatever.

I do have to say that alot of them were there for someones bday. They had a party at his house and then headed out in a big group. But I could be wrong, havent been on the Aptio for a few weeks.

Guest LeVeL

4. As far as State @ WMC this year - alot of forums rated that party as one of the worst parties of last year’s conference. But im not going to call you a snob for enjoying it!

Exactly Werd of Mouth...you heard this from a Forum but were you actually there. You see this is what I am talking about unless you were there then you would of enjoyed the night. I was there from the begining to the end and the place was packed to the rafters with people dancing to this guy.

But hey I guess its me and not the forums that you heard this from..so whatever!

Guest tres-b

Personally, I liked the dark, nasty beats that Lawler used to play. However, some of the tracks he has produced/remixed over the last 12 months have been quality. Examples below:

Shapeshifters-Back to Basics(Lawler's Return to Rehab Mix)

Steve Lawler-That Sound

Murk-Reach For Me(Lawler Mix)

As for the new Lights Out 3, I dig it. There is a real elctro acid feel to Discs 1 and 2 that still has some tribal beats kicking here and there. The 3rd disc is a collection of tracks from his Harlem label that has some strong tracks as well.

Please, do not forget:

Bombdogs - I can't explain (Steve Lawler remix)

When he dropped that one on the patio, that alone made that morning worth it... 8) 8) 8) 8)

;D

Guest Devilicious

ROFLMAO!!!!!

:'(

This means you must be extra special crazy for Sanchez... you will be missed my dear.

I wasn't there for the opener in the main room, but I don't believe for a minute it was deep house, that's just bullshit, no way would that fly in the main room at space.

Guest LeVeL

I wasn't there for the opener in the main room, but I don't believe for a minute it was deep house, that's just bullshit, no way would that fly in the main room at space.

Well Believe it.. ;D

Guest lulamishka

4. As far as State @ WMC this year - alot of forums rated that party as one of the worst parties of last year’s conference. But im not going to call you a snob for enjoying it!

Exactly Werd of Mouth...you heard this from a Forum but were you actually there. You see this is what I am talking about unless you were there then you would of enjoyed the night. I was there from the begining to the end and the place was packed to the rafters with people dancing to this guy.

But hey I guess its me and not the forums that you heard this from..so whatever!

Ahem, I WAS THERE. I didn't get my "review" from the forums. Got it from me, myself and I.

I got there before Lawler started...left probably around 2am or so. I wasn't enjoying it. Sure, I didn't stay the whole night, but I had already heard enough to decide I wasn't feeling it (not to mention how hot it was, which btw, had the music been on point for me that night I wouldn't have cared about the heat in that place). I used to be a huge Lawler fan. And so what if I prefer his old sound. I don't dig his new sound. That's not to say I don't like that kind of music. I just go see other djs when I'm looking for that particular sound. NOT Lawler.

He has disappointed me the last few times I have seen him lately. And now I'm at the point where I don't care if I miss him. Before I wouldn't miss him for THE WORLD!!

IMO Lawler was at his BEST at State's 2004 WMC party. And that sound wasn't all tribal either. Dark, but not totally tribal. You want a tracklisting? I can probably give you a good enough rundown of that night. Gawd how I wish someone recorded it. One of the best nights EVER, for me. Between the music, the vibe, the crowd. AND I WAS EVEN SICK THAT NIGHT!!

Anyway, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

Guest LeVeL

Ahem, I WAS THERE. I didn't get my "review" from the forums. Got it from me, myself and I.

I got there before Lawler started...left probably around 2am or so. I wasn't enjoying it. Sure, I didn't stay the whole night, but I had already heard enough to decide I wasn't feeling it (not to mention how hot it was, which btw, had the music been on point for me that night I wouldn't have cared about the heat in that place). I used to be a huge Lawler fan. And so what if I prefer his old sound. I don't dig his new sound. That's not to say I don't like that kind of music. I just go see other djs when I'm looking for that particular sound. NOT Lawler.

He has disappointed me the last few times I have seen him lately. And now I'm at the point where I don't care if I miss him. Before I wouldn't miss him for THE WORLD!!

IMO Lawler was at his BEST at State's 2004 WMC party. And that sound wasn't all tribal either. Dark, but not totally tribal. You want a tracklisting? I can probably give you a good enough rundown of that night. Gawd how I wish someone recorded it. One of the best nights EVER, for me. Between the music, the vibe, the crowd. AND I WAS EVEN SICK THAT NIGHT!!

You know I get your point...and I agree his style has changed and his Dj Status has gone down hill ever since 2004 for me. But I remain with an open mind my point is that a lot of people go to forums and go by what they read instead of being there for themselves and actually having their own opinion.

Hey I was there earlier this year for the Light out Party during Conference and I had a blast. Its sad you didn't enjoy it as much as I did but thats what makes us different.

Right on Michelle...

but from now on I will be getting my reviews from forums cause I dont plan on ever seeing this kat spin again.

ROFLMAO!!!!!

:'(

This means you must be extra special crazy for Sanchez... you will be missed my dear.

I promise to be XTRA crazy for both Fanciulli AND Sanchez. ;)