Clubplanet Nightlife Community

We got ours...March 19-27 at the Riande!!! ;D

next to the shelborne? if so, im sorry...or at least i hope they fired all their staff esp managers since nye

stayed there for nye w/ friends, had a horrable experience, hotels.com gives them a 2 stars out of 5

stayed @ the shelborne this weekend and loved it

A lot of my friends stayed there this past conference, and they had a fine enough stay. The place isn't luxurious of course, but it gets the job done. My friends didn't really have any complaints.

i stayed w/ friends for nye this year, and the ignorant staff wouldn't approve our reservations that we made just 2 weeks prior, they gave me a confirmation # and everything and we called just a few days b4 driving down and the day that we were going to be there, we had called in and they told us they didn't have any reservations under the confirmation # nor my name...and told me that i should "be glad" that they would offer me a room...

we had no choice but to pay more and stay w/ them since everywhere else was booked and it was new years day

front desk staff was very rude

ive stayed at much smaller hotels n never had any problems.

That's illegal. If you are able to produce proof of your reservation, they are bound by law to honor it because that is a contract. Did you pursue it with ownership or mgmt. of the hotel?

yes, we sat there for a hour talking to them and they said that the person that made the reservation no longer worked at the hotel and that the deal that was made was thru the travel agency across the street(18th/collins)...offcourse no one knew of anything, bunch of fucktards

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sleepyboo

This is Sleepy & Boo from Basic NYC in New York.

If you're looking for place to stay for the Winter Music Conference, we've got a nice deal on rooms at the Beach Plaza Hotel and South Beach Plaza Villas, both located at 14th and Collins.

Check out the rooms online - everything from doubles to suites are available.

http://www.beachplazahotel.com/

http://www.southbeachplazavillas.com/

If you're interested in booking a room, call the hotel direct (305) 531-6421. Make sure you mention the Basic NYC rate to ensure you get the discounted package. The Basic NYC package includes daily drink tickets and other freebies.

These are first-come, first-serve, so don't wait if you want to book!

PM us here if you have any questions, or hit us on email - djboo@basicnyc.com

See you all in Miami! 8)

Guest GRANT1979

Im coming over from the UK to the WMC for the first time, just wondered if you could give any advice on cheap hotels and places to go and where the best location would be to stay.

The nights im intrested in going to is probably Subliminal Sessions and Ultrafest and BBC Radio one Party.

Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks

Guest sleepyboo

The Beach Plaza and South Beach Villas have some great rooms available at a nice discount....14th and Collins, right in the middle of south beach.

Check out the rooms here-

http://www.beachplazahotel.com/

http://www.southbeachplazavillas.com/

If you're interested in booking a room, call the hotel (305) 531-6421. Make sure you mention the Basic NYC rate to ensure you get a discounted package. You'll get drink tickets and other freebies.

PM us here if you have any questions.

Guest Bahst

Im coming over from the UK to the WMC for the first time, just wondered if you could give any advice on cheap hotels and places to go and where the best location would be to stay.

The nights im intrested in going to is probably Subliminal Sessions and Ultrafest and BBC Radio one Party.

I don't know how much of help this site will be, but check it out

you can also, post your request on that site for free, and maybe someone else will be able to help you..

good luck :)

http://miami.craigslist.org

Thanks

Guest vegasguy25

Be wary of hotels that seem to be really cheap when compared to everyone else. There are a lot of really shitty hotels in South Beach.

Guest lil_liz

We got ours...March 19-27 at the Riande!!! ;D

I guess thats the new hotspot, got some friends staying there as well. Its great that i live exactly across the street.

Guest tijuanarave

Thanks

GO TO www.tripadvisor.com. You will get the best information available plus real reviews from real people. I wish I knew about that website last conference. Had a bad experience at an overpriced hotel.

Guest sleepyboo

If you're thinking of booking a room with the Basic NYC rate, don't hesitate!

Rates are already going up on some of the room types. So if you want to take advantage of our Basic NYC discount package, call the Beach Plaza and make your reservation soon! 305-531-6421

Kings, doubles, suites and bungalows are all still available.

PM us or email us if you've got any questions.

Guest kirstyvw

Hi Grant

You'll love it! Me and my boyfriend are going again too - this will be our 3rd year and we just can't get enough. Advice I'd give is:

* book hotel early and check the location - Miami Beach covers a wide area so you could end up quite a trek from the main action in South Beach

* Definitely definitely definitely head for Radio 1 - the best party in town and great for meeting fellow UK clubbers

* get friendly with locals working in shops - they'll tell you the best places to go - we got tattoos the first year and apart from coming out with that we also got some really good advice on where to go (not saying you have to go to those lengths though!)

* Book tickets for as many events as possible online before you go - works out better

*Eat at Jerry's Delhi - any time of day / night - the best burgers ever - hazy memories of them serving us beers at 5am last year after ultra

Hope that helps - where in the UK are you?

Kirsty

Guest GRANT1979

Hi Kirsty,

Thats a great help, Thanks. Im from Nottingham, where are you from?

Good point about checking whereabouts in South Beach because as I dont drive I dont want to have to travel great distances all the time.

When would you say are the best times to book flights and how does the WMC compare to Ibiza?

Thanks again

Guest kirstyvw

I'm from Leeds but been living in London for the past year.

We've normally booked our flights around Christmas time - got a good deal with Virgin last year so can be worth waiting.

Comparing it to Ibiza I'd say its a more matured crowd - I don't mean an older crowd - I mean it's not gimicky if you know what i mean. I prefer Miami definitely - it's everything Ibiza tries to be in 1 week.

Ultra is good so make sure you go there.

Oooh - another tip - email some of the UK clubs putting parties on in Miami - we got put on some of their guest lists last year coz they knew we were making a big effort to go over

Kirsty

Guest GRANT1979

Nice tip, about emailing UK clubs. Thanks

Actually in London at Ministry this weekend. Also was thinking of booking flights around xmas, hopefully get a good deal

Guest steve_UK

Hi Grant,

this will be my 2nd year out there. Last yr was awesome ! As for hotels - they all seemed to be quite expensive. Flights - I fly BA from LHR - nice schedule.

I've already booked my trip 20 - 26 March to take in most of the week including Radio 1 and UMF. Top tip for UMF - hide your camera as the 'minimum wage' types at the entrance will not deviate from the rules even though a camera is technically not a 'Video recording device'. They even banned someone with a light sabre from entering !!!!

Top tip 2 - if you're going to Radio1 at Nikki Beach, get there at 11am and take plenty of beer/water for when you are spending 2 hours in the queue in the searing heat. Don't be in a rush to get out either as you will never get back in...

If you need anything else just shout.

hope this helps !

I think the Riande is probably the best deal in South Beach for the Winter Music Conference. It really is inexpensive and the rooms are nice for the price you pay. They aren't decadent by any means, but there are two beds and it's clean and the hotel common areas are nice. The pool is ok too.

Carisa, remember what you showed me in our room at the Riande that fateful night? 8) 8) 8)

I'm coming down from the 25th (early morning) and leaving the 28th (evening). Right now I've got a suite at the Crescent Hotel and a suite at the McAlpin hotel reserved. Im probably going to go with the Crescent suite, as Ive stayed there in the past and the suites are big and modern and quite nice. I just wish we had a pool to hang out at....that's the only real disappointment for me.