Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gryphon nightclub door antics

I tried to get into the place around 12:30 am on saturday and they already had the door dweebos out. One of the door guys told this one dude that he could come in but not his friend cus he was too drunk. Say what? ??? WTF cares if someone shows up and is too drunk. The guy didn't look that drunk to me. On a sidenote i discovered could hear the music outside pretty well and had more fun hanging out with the people on the outside then trying to get in. One door man said there was a two bottle minimum to get in. Anyone know if that was true or just more door antics? I eventually got in when the place was thinned out because I wanted to see what was up. Place looks cool but count me out on the door shenanigans. :P

Guest JMT

its been my experience if you dont get there before 12 you will have a nice challenge ahead of you due to the crowd, unless you are on a key list or dont mind greasing a palm. but i have even seen them throw the list out the window once the rope gets too packed.

Guest ClubDiva05

There are some outta line doorguys out there. I've had pretty ridiculous antics myself. Tending to always look on the bright side though, I gotta feel kinda bad for doorguys that are a**holes because they probably only act that way because they know if it wasn't for their job they would never get laid.

Again looking on the bright side though, they make me appreciate the good ones!!!

Props to all the awesome doorguys out there

Alan T-Pawn$hop-Nocturnal

Stephan-Mansion-BED-Prive

Sean-SPACE-VIP

Guest ic143

I tried to get into the place around 12:30 am on saturday and they already had the door dweebos out. One of the door guys told this one dude that he could come in but not his friend cus he was too drunk. Say what? ??? WTF cares if someone shows up and is too drunk. The guy didn't look that drunk to me. On a sidenote i discovered could hear the music outside pretty well and had more fun hanging out with the people on the outside then trying to get in. One door man said there was a two bottle minimum to get in. Anyone know if that was true or just more door antics? I eventually got in when the place was thinned out because I wanted to see what was up. Place looks cool but count me out on the door shenanigans. :P

If you think that's bad I got one for you. I was waiting outside with the DJ that was headlining that night and they still took about 10 min.'s to let us in!!!

Either way, doesn't match the door drama we had at Nocturnal for Wink/Stryke. What a joke...

Guest swank

If you think that's bad I got one for you. I was waiting outside with the DJ that was headlining that night and they still took about 10 min.'s to let us in!!!

Either way, doesn't match the door drama we had at Nocturnal for Wink/Stryke. What a joke...

what dj headlining at gryphon was that...on which night ???.... I'm really curious.

Guest Sela V

I got there around 1 am, and the door politics was thick. Once I mentioned Swank's name, the guy let me in. I wasn't in the "guest list" line, however, and ended up paying, but I must say it was money well spent. And a lot cheaper than a two bottle minimum. There were two sides though, one was for bottle service, the other to just get in. Hope you have better luck next time -it can get very political at the door of any club on a hot night.

Guest durrtylexx
Alan T rocks

Can you move?

Sorry - I couldn't resist.

This side not that side

your side might not be the right side.. great track..

I agree Alan T is one of the nicest door person's out there.

As far as the guy at gryphon, he's a f'ing asshole.

Guest ClubDiva05

Going to have to make an apology here I seem to have left out the sweetest doorguy ever. I'm sorry babe the only reason for this is I was only thinking of nightclub doorguys.

Mike-Tootsies ;)

Eric-Scarletts

And to the awesome doorgirls

Jennifer-Mansion-Metropolis

Cara-Cheetah's

Maiva-Scarlett's

Guest FRESHMAN

You guys are crazy, I've been there plenty of times.

And have never had 1 single problem.

Julian always takes care of everyone.

Guest ClubDiva05

Never been there, truly a MIAMI girl. Definitely do not like to stray to far from the homeland, not even to Broward, unless OG is out here somewhere!!!

Guest Mayor

Julian is probably one of the best in the business, and has been around the beach for years. We are fortunate to have him up here.

Best suggestion

Be nice

Guest durrtylexx

Julian is probably one of the best in the business, and has been around the beach for years. We are fortunate to have him up here.

Best suggestion

Be nice

How about I've been there a few times and he has been a prick a few times. I call a spade a spade..

My suggestion, have him be nice.

Guest ClubDiva05

Going to have to make an apology here I seem to have left out the sweetest doorguy ever. I'm sorry babe the only reason for this is I was only thinking of nightclub doorguys.

Mike-Tootsies ;)

Eric-Scarletts

And to the awesome doorgirls

Cara-Cheetah's

Maiva-Scarlett's

you really like those clubs huh lol

LOL, yeah the Tootsies staff is like family.

My BF Will is the greatest manager ever!!! :)