Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hurricane Wilma - Here we go again!!

Guest slamminshaun

Guest slamminshaun

On its current track, Port St. Lucie is set to sustain another direct hit. As if two last year weren't bad enough....I really don't need this crap right now. Sure it'll weaken a little by the time it hits the east coast, but its not like southwest Florida is going to slow it down that much with all that swampland, etc. It's not like its high and dry land.....

Guest bootstah

On its current track' date=' Port St. Lucie is set to sustain another direct hit. As if two last year weren't bad enough....I really don't need this crap right now. Sure it'll weaken a little by the time it hits the east coast, but its not like southwest Florida is going to slow it down that much with all that swampland, etc. It's not like its high and dry land.....

[/quote']

Tell me about it Shaun, last year was a pain in my ass. This time, no boarding up the windows, or waiting in line forever at the stores and gas station, time to pack up and head outta here if that's the case. Last year was tooo much!

Guest saintjohn

Update:

AIR FORCE RECONNAISSANCE PLANE REPORTED 884 MB...THE LOWEST MINIMUM PRESSURE EVER MEASURED IN A HURRICANE IN THE ATLANTIC BASIN...THIS VALUE SHOULD BE USED WITH CAUTION UNTIL CALIBRATED...

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 175 MPH...280 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER GUSTS. WILMA IS A CATASTROPHIC CATEGORY FIVE HURRICANE ON THE SAFFIR-SIMPSON SCALE. SOME FLUCTUATIONS IN INTENSITY ARE EXPECTED

DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCPAT4+shtml/190502.shtml

Guest swirlundergrounder

Wilma is now a Cat 5 and is said to be the most powerful storm to be recorded in the Atlantic Basin. The eye is really small right now..Yikes...

Guest junglesmacks

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- The nation's chief hurricane forecaster said Wednesday if Hurricane Wilma hits Florida this weekend as predicted, it could result in many deaths and a tremendous storm surge.

Guest lulamishka

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- The nation's chief hurricane forecaster said Wednesday if Hurricane Wilma hits Florida this weekend as predicted, it could result in many deaths and a tremendous storm surge.

So, I guess we should run for our lives then?

Guest slamminshaun

it will slow to a category 3 before landfall.

Most likely, but the forecasters also admit they really have no reliable way to predict strenghtening and weakening over open, warm waters. If I recall, this was supposed to be a Cat 3 right now based on forecasts only two days ago.....same thing happened with Katrina. They expected it to be a weak 4 at its strongest, but look what happened. Then it was supposed to come ashore as a Cat 5, but then at the last minute, they changed that forecast. Makes you wonder if you can really call meteorology a science.

now its sayin as a category 4. if thats the case and it hits us our lives wot be normal for quite awhile.. after andrew i didnt have power for close to 2 months in south kendall

and no cabletv for 6 months after ..

of course thats nothign compared to the thousands that lost their homes :'(

gonna be packin stufff tonite already tomorrow pc being packed away so ill be gone for awhile