Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nitelife: Why do you do or why would you want to do this?

Guest biznation00

Guest defunes

This is the kid, called me 59 days in a row says he want's to be a player....Wall St what a good movie. MOst people don't even get the "he can't tell preferred stockl apart from livestock" joke...

Great post Biz.... it gives us all a reality check of how difficult it is to make it in this city.. and when you. how difficult it is to remain on top

so far for you biz it seems as though stayin on top of your game was soemthing that came easy for you.... to the casual observer....

but as you have proven with your remarks it takes a lot more than just knowing the right people ... it takes dedication and hard work :)

Guest Untouchablepurple

Well it is TRUE that its hard to REmain on Top not that i ever been on but ive seen people in that situation...

As for me ive been doing this for almost 6 yrs and it all started with the ALL AGES at Space,609, Living room downtown,Envy etc. I was very good at it and it was easy for me at first cause i ws very popular in braddock and if u were known in a school that holds 5000 students then ur pretty much known everywhere not to mention i won most popular in my middle school yrs, im not going to sit here and write who i was in high school but the only reason that got me known its because of the type of person Iam today a helper, social person, a guy that would listen to everyone whenever they had something to say,a PEOPLE PERSON perhaps. I was never the cocky cool guy I was very opposite of that, I never really cared if i was popular or not cus i had too many things to worried about other than my 'popularity" One of my worries were "MONEY" but as I grew older I notice that MONEY isnt everything. When i quit high school and later on got my G.E.D through out those yrs I got really good at promoting, because i was a hard worker. I remember in my high school yrs hitting up and posting up flyer late at night and then during school hours hit up all the bathrooms and put a flyer in everyones desk before the bell ran. It was such a fun job I coulnt believe it. The first people that i work for were Brayn darias,Danny esteves,Saul delgado and they were the ones that started MILLENIUM dreamers which worked for DREAMTEAM[ gil alfaro,untouchable chino] the godfathers of promoting, well for me. I remember selling presales like candy, I would always sell more than the TOP promoters and I will always take leadership in my team which helped me get my first bussiness cards in lil less than a yr and became president of MD. When i got to MD they were at least the most 18 kids and i later on recruited 85-100 kids for MD and i Inspired some of those promoters/djs that are on the scene right now. which makes me happy to say. And as I got older my pull got stronger and I started hosting parties at TANJA[RESERVED] with the help of GERALD-HUGO[OPIUM GROUP NOW] and HONEY right next door[MANDY FERNANDEZ METROPOLIS] To be honest with you I BUSTED MY ASS so much for those 2 first parties I felt like a slave. I would hit up dade,f.i.u , U.m so much i think i had nightmares of those schools.. I woud hit up parking lots and dorms. and then malls, SOBE,grove and just to make at least 50-75$ a week .. but the thing with me i never looked at it as one time .. I looked at it at the long run .. I would say to my self .. well i made 50$ this week then by the end of the month I would have 200$ and then from the other party another 200$ at the end of the month thast already 400$ but i knew deep inside i deserve more cus i would also turn in a good guest list and sell tables at a very young age! But i have NEVER complaint once about money in my life. Cause money isnt eveything, Cus i knew i was making shitty money back then but then I worked harder and harder and my money doubled cus u just dont Go on top from one day to another u have to work for it and i did .. and now im happy with the money im making now.. i know i can be making more but im not cus i like to take everything step by step and theres nothing better than hearing this from Club owners,Managers and Industry people that have been in this FOREVER, Im really thankful for the people that I have worked with .. which is i think everyone in the scene right now From, Untouchable, N.O.K, SMAC and EMPIRE[smac and empire because of gil alfaro and chino] I feel like a slut but i have learned so much from everyone that has given me advice and they know who they are I coulnt be more grateful. i have met so many wonderful people in this bussiness its unbelievable! And I thank so much the people that im working with now cus they were the ones that always brough me along to the meetings, and introduce me to all the owner and managers of like almost every single club in SOBE,GROVE,DOWNTOWN

Guest Untouchablepurple

I wouldnt be here with the help of u guys and the knowledge that u guys have given me its priceless. And to think that u guys let me be part of ur legacy in the ROAD that u guys have taking me in, Hosting parties at Menage[shadow lounge,amika] Crobar,Mansion,Prive,Space fridays, 609, Oxygen, Rumi saturdays with gabriel flores , nikki/pearl for the thanksgiving party, skybar, Billboard live,Valentinos[quench] I might not have gotten pay for some parties but just being part of that was already enough for me. inviting my friends and giving them free drinks and making them feel special just for one night .. its just the best feeling .. I would rather see a thousand smiles than a thousand dollars first. Cause money is always going to be there! And this is one my favorite quotes " sometimes youre UP and sometimes youre DOWN, When ur up ITS NEVER AS GOOD AS IT SEEMS and WHEN UR DOWN U THINK UR NEVER GOING TO GET UP , But life goes on !! So i think im going to be doing this for a while cus I love the JOy of my friends and the many thanks yous that i get for providing something that im good at. Cus believe it or not Theres alot of people that would want to be in my shoes, but i deserve where iam at a very young age cus i work hard to get where iam .. and i just turn 21 about a week ago so things are just going to get better from here on and i know i will have the support of all u guys outhere =) so why do I do this ? cus i get to see my friends smile " theres no better feeling in the world taking something from nothing and making it to something and have ur friends in it and notice their JOY" I love seeing people smile,dancing,kissing,hugging taking pictures to save their memories etc.

Guest Josephmama

NICE WRITE UP BIZ!!!!!!!!!! you speak from the heart........ Miami is lucky to have a promoter like you. We've been going to your parties for over a year now since Cafeteria wednesdays & your Amika days. & now again you've done a fantastic job with Local Celebrity!!!!!!!!! ;D :-*

Guest biznation00

Thanks for the good thoughts... I was in my Jerry Mcguire mood & went off about all this & that... actually, the whole thread that Oscar posted got me thinkin' & inspired me to dig up these thoughts. Either way, i hope something good came out of it all. If being a part of business didn't move me somehow on the inside, i wouldn't be here doin' it. :)

Biz Martinez