Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Living in Miami

Guest kinetika

Guest Devilicious

They are mean and Miami is awesome. There's no other major metropolitan area in the US I would live. Hurricanes aren't really that bad... even here in the aftermath I can say they don't bother me much. Weather, culture, diversity, clubs, music, art, water, the beach, city life, parks, it's all here. Nowhere I'd rather live right now.

Where are you living now?

What type of work / career do you do?

Do you like traffic?

Can you speak Speak Spanish?

Do you like really hot and humid weather?

Do you like open green spaces parks, and nature or do you like concrete and pavement?

Do you like genuine people and want many people you can say hello to, or two or three good freinds.

Care about bling bling and money?

Those are the negatives and some of the reasons I moved away.

Miami and South Florida is a great place for me to visit, but not to live since I like more down to earth people, more green space, change of seasons. It was hard to work all day when i could see the beach and water and not be there?

I lived in Ft Lauderdale for years and worked in Weston and Boca, and went out all over. That is my take.

Don't get me wrong, there are many good things about the area also , but others will chime in.

you can live anywhere else in the country and have temps of 90-100+ in the summer time...so if you can deal w/ that, than you can live in florida.

i grew up all my life in Northern VA/DC area...till around 2000, i moved down to Florida...have lived in Tampa, Clearwater, Miami, n now Orlando...sure its warm and humid, everyone knows that

like Eric(kamikaze) has said, all depends on what u gonna be doing, how u see yourself, ect...but you can make whatever u want out of it...if you don't like it, you do have the choice to move...no one is holding a gun to ur head :P

Up north is Cold n Dry n F Hot in the summer

Down here is F Hot all year long, very humid, w/ the exception of oct-feb where the weather gets down to the low/upper 40s at night(today is 44 in orlando)...60s/70s during the day, i was up in gainsville tonight and it was cold as Fcuk...the weather changes quite dramatically

I don't see myself moving back up north, I went back to VA a few years ago and almost killed myself...i know mostly of the east coast, can't say much bout other areas such as nyc, detroit, chicago, cal, ect...cuz i never lived there

i like sprite but i dont like sierra mist

the end

Guest Devilicious

Since I'm bored.... a few more points:

I miss the change of seasons.

There are plenty of "fake" people here who care about money and appearances that's for sure. But in my experience if you are a good person you find the people like you. I have met and become friends with some of the most amazing, down to earth, "real" people I've ever known here in Miami (I live in south beach to be specific).

I speak English only, and I don't find issue communicating. (This also depends on what area you live in)

Traffic, if you drive toward downtown between 8 and 10 and away from between 4 and 7... the drivers here are a bit crazy and dangerous but as for traffic I think it's pretty much what's to be expected in a metro area.

There are plenty of parks and green recreation areas in Miami-Dade. There are some really great trees, different from any species you find up north or even in northern FL. Tons of flowering shrubs and bushes. It's a tropical climate so we have beautiful botanical gardens as well.

Guest dirtyhouse777

They are mean and Miami is awesome. There's no other major metropolitan area in the US I would live. Hurricanes aren't really that bad... even here in the aftermath I can say they don't bother me much. Weather, culture, diversity, clubs, music, art, water, the beach, city life, parks, it's all here. Nowhere I'd rather live right now.

my thoughts exactly.

my only gripe is that there are hardly ever waves here... which requires alot of driving/travelling for me. for this reason i've thought of moving many times, but after being in argentina for the past 4 - 5 months, i've realized that there is no city i love more than miami. there's no city in the US that can compare. i can't wait to be back. ;D

Guest teabag

Miami is not a conventional US city per say, there is little industrial infrastructure, foreigners account for more than half the population, English is not the main language.... yeah is true..... then again is a tourism jugernaut, is considered to be latin america's capital..since many of their citizens and businesse have home here in Miami.....Now Miami-Dade is comprised of many cities within is border.....Miami Beach life is completely different from say Kendall life and that of cocoplum in Coral Gables... there are many social economic reasons for that....and you can live comfortably as how you are accostumed to live anywhere in the county..... many people in South Beach do not even own a car..many have scooters...that is not possible anywhere else in the city... there is a disconnection to reality in Miami Beach among the people that also work there and hardly ever go to Miami itself...the fake "people syndrome" is a lot more regular on the beach....the people that live in Miami and grew up in Miami (high school, college, work) do not really have that problem, people just grew up together and is not the same feeling of culture shock and look he lives in a mansion and has a sports convertible.... kids in high school here are not uncommon to have a mercedes and the next kid have a 1987 camry..is just the way it is. What I am trying to say is that this is an irregular city, yet by being so different many opportunities arise that are not common anywhere else....and if you have lived somewhere else in the states all of your life is hard to really integrate yourself to Miami. Miami is not really the States is a fusion of many factors latin, dark economics, tourism, entertainment, tropical life and America, which is a great combination..thus a great city. That's Miami in a nutshell to me.