Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Finally Got Power back!

Guest ILLMATIC

Guest ILLMATIC

No, I don't think it's bad, I think it's bizzare. Try not having power for over a week when you rely on well water, and ithe high is like 55. Not fun.

By the way has anyone heard from Crazy C or Alki?

Here's the latest...

Crazy C & Darren made it thru the storm a-okay. I spoke to Carisa the day after the strom and they had just bought a grill and were about to start grilling. And I don't think they had any damage to their place. Haven't spoken to her since then.

Alki got his power back on within the last hour. I'm sure you'll see him resurface on CJ soon. He's aight. His tank is on E. And his land line doesn't work. But his cell started working again tonight!!

Anyway, that's the latest CJ update. Back to you, Pat...

Thanks for that update Lula...

We will be right back after a word from our sponsors.

2004-07-04arts_main.jpg

:P

Guest saintjohn

Hurricane Wilma update:

I'm using Saint Deb's school laptop, powered by our neighbor's generator, connected to our dialup line. There's no DSL, cable, or WiFi yet in our neighborhood. In fact, our land line is the only one working on our end of the block.

Cell service is random. Nextel (which is what we have) never works, except to tell us that we have messages which we can't retrieve. Verizon, on the other hand, seems to be working normally for some people. T-Mobile and Cingular get incoming calls, but everything else is hit or miss.

In case anyone was wondering, Deb's fine. I'm fine. The cats are pissed. The house is a mess. We lost part of our roof, though I've since managed to effect a temporary repair. The house also suffered some minor exterior damage (non-structural), but I've already started repairing that, too. Trees are down everywhere, and I'm getting a nice upper body workout (which I desperately need) using the chainsaw and stacking the debris for eventual removal.

We are subsisting on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and bottled water. Fortunately, we have a gas stove, so we've been able to support our coffee habits even under these circumstances.

Finding gasoline to run the generator is a daily adventure. Yesterday, we left the house at 7:00 AM, immediately after the curfew ended, and drove to the nearest supposedly functioning station. Hundreds of cars were already lined up in every direction. The drivers had obviously spent the night in their vehicles. We passed by the station, and they weren't even pumping gas. Apparently, they were still waiting for the tanker trucks to arrive. We returned home, empty-handed, having burned up half a gallon of fuel in our fruitless quest.

Elsewhere, life is returning to normal, but our particular neighborhood in Hollywood is a disaster, and the street people from downtown are roaming around, aggressively "asking" for cash and scavenging aluminum storm shutters from unoccupied homes. Our curfew just shifted from 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM, which is great for areas that have electricity, but not so great when you live in an area which is still absolutely dark at night. Big dogs are the only "security systems" here. If you come to visit after dark, you'd better know the password.

Time to go cut up more downed trees. Nothing else to do here, unfortunately.

Guest Cosmigonon

my stomach is more wrecked cuz of the crap ive been eating way more than any jager, patron or vodka could ever do lol

For real. My diet has gone to shit with this hurricane, I think I've lost 5 pounds already, and haven't been able to hit up the gym... :'(