Time 2 Shine !!! Early Roll Call

B-SIDE1414779017

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swank

How big is this place? .........just asking

Hope I don't get in trouble for this but....

there are three different areas(rooms)... total capacity probably around 1200 people inside not counting the pool area. For anyone interested in history...if you go to the 'Shelbourne' website, you will find some pretty interesting history about the building. What I've seen so far is beautiful...that's all I want to say for now.

These are very unofficial numbers and I will let the 'Shine' team release the info that they want to release.

I recieved my 'VIP Gala Opening' invitation and they mention 'suits & gowns' It's been awhile since I've attended a club opening like this....I can't wait. ;)

Guest coach

This is definitely a "duh" event. Like, "duuuh, how could you not be there????" We'll be there both Fri & Sat. Can't decide whether to wear my funky tux & tails or my mafioso pinstripe suit.

Guest Devilicious

The actual grand opening on Saturday is not a black tie event.

The special Friday VIP opening is red carpet attire, suits and gowns.

There is sound and lighting EVERYwhere in Shine, beggining when you walk in the front door. There's plenty of room and there are plenty of bars, so bring cash and get your liver ready! :)

Guest swank

The actual grand opening on Saturday is not a black tie event.

The special Friday VIP opening is red carpet attire, suits and gowns.

Thanks for pointing out 'T' I've since made my edit.. ;)

Guest Darwin Castillo

and how funny is it that the resident dj's arent the locals but out of towners... does South Florida lack on dj's or what? Hmmm???

Guest musicalmissionary

and how funny is it that the resident dj's arent the locals but out of towners... does South Florida lack on dj's or what? Hmmm???

I'll probably get dinged for saying this, but oh well.

South Florida doesn't lack on dj's, but it lacks on quality eclectic dj's. The majority of dj's around here are very limited in the range of what they play. Kelvin Andrews plays EVERYTHING and he plays it all very well. For a venue like Shine that appears to be catering to a very high-end clientelle, it takes a dj with a very broad range to provide an atmosphere that will set itself apart from the more typical clubs (ex.. bangin house all night long). There's less than a handful of dj's around here that play that kinda diversity.

Also, it's not too hard to imagine that there were probably other inside reasons such as existing relationships that played a big factor. I doubt they cold-called the guy and said "Hey, you wanna move to Miami?". Or maybe they did. Either way, win-win for Miami Beach clubbing.

Guest coach

I'll probably get dinged for saying this, but oh well.

South Florida doesn't lack on dj's, but it lacks on quality eclectic dj's. The majority of dj's around here are very limited in the range of what they play. Kelvin Andrews plays EVERYTHING and he plays it all very well. For a venue like Shine that appears to be catering to a very high-end clientelle, it takes a dj with a very broad range to provide an atmosphere that will set itself apart from the more typical clubs (ex.. bangin house all night long). There's less than a handful of dj's around here that play that kinda diversity.

Also, it's not too hard to imagine that there were probably other inside reasons such as existing relationships that played a big factor. I doubt they cold-called the guy and said "Hey, you wanna move to Miami?". Or maybe they did. Either way, win-win for Miami Beach clubbing.

I'm just gonna say "LOL".

Guest KellyKel

there are three different areas(rooms)... total capacity probably around 1200 people inside not counting the pool area. For anyone interested in history...if you go to the 'Shelbourne' website, you will find some pretty interesting history about the building. What I've seen so far is beautiful...that's all I want to say for now.

These are very unofficial numbers and I will let the 'Shine' team release the info that they want to release.

I recieved my 'VIP Gala Opening' invitation and they mention 'suits & gowns' It's been awhile since I've attended a club opening like this....I can't wait. ;)

Need a date?? :D

I will be there on the 12th fo sho!

I can't wait to see the new club. Oh yeah...and Farina will be cool too! :D

Guest swank

Need a date?? :D

I will be there on the 12th fo sho!

I can't wait to see the new club. Oh yeah...and Farina will be cool too! :D

dust off your 'gown' for the 11th....you're on! ;D