Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Romantic dinner spots?

Guest Justin Johnson

Guest Justin Johnson

I'm taking Renzo on a date...

J/K!!!

It's my g/f's birthday on Saturday. She loves Sushi, so I was thinking Nobu, but it's not really romantic.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Guest Civs

Cafe Sambal at the Mandarin Hotel. It's avery nice hotel. Great view and nice during sunset.

http://www.mandarinoriental.com/miami/

Café Sambal is as much a treat for the eye as for the appetite. Take your seat among the whole seashells, embedded in the terrazzo floors and relax in the sophisticated surroundings that include a decorative pool at the base of the dramatic staircase. Then take a look at the menu and you’ll be delighted by the tempting dishes on offer for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The new Sushi and Sake Bar features an extensive menu of delectable sushi and an impressive selection of sake, by the

carafe or bottle.

Guest Justin Johnson

Cool! Thanks for the suggestions! ;D

OK, so it's gonna be romantic, and then I think we'll meet up with all her friends and go bowling! Yeah, I'm weird...

Guest Devilicious

I wouldn't do Nobu.... the sushi is amazing, but like you said it's not really romantic. It's better for large groups. Also because of the way the portions are, big groups are ideal. I haven't been, but I've heard good things about Shoji

Guest lulamishka

Akairo on Espanola is always very good....

I TOTALLY AGREE!! This is EXACTLY what I was going to recommend. Justin, this is the place you must go to.

Guest rhythmburn

I TOTALLY AGREE!! This is EXACTLY what I was going to recommend. Justin, this is the place you must go to.

Right on!! The food is awesome and the service is impeccable =)

Guest djjoncowan

casa tua on 17th and james... the setting is second to none, nothing beats it as far as romance goes... food is absolutely amazing also! let me know if you need help with a res bro. we can do it through the hotel... osteria del teatro on espanola and washington is also a nice touch, really nice actually...

Guest tbooty

Bond street for Sushi.. in the basement of the Townhouse hotel may be the best in Sushi in Miami.. get an intimate booth in the back.

Azul in the Mandarin Hotel is hands down the best resturant in Miami.. possably one of the best in the country. Its actually won several national awards saying so. Cafe Sambal is very nice also. A bit more casual get a table outside on the water.

The Biltmore Hotel in the Gables.. sit in the garden.

Sorry no disrespect Jon but i recently had dinner at Casa Tua for the 2nd time. (thinking everyone deserves a 2nd chance) I found it again to be nothing special at all + insanely overpriced and pretentious.

Guest Fez

Cafe Sambal at the Mandarin Hotel. It's avery nice hotel. Great view and nice during sunset.

http://www.mandarinoriental.com/miami/

Café Sambal is as much a treat for the eye as for the appetite. Take your seat among the whole seashells, embedded in the terrazzo floors and relax in the sophisticated surroundings that include a decorative pool at the base of the dramatic staircase. Then take a look at the menu and you’ll be delighted by the tempting dishes on offer for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The new Sushi and Sake Bar features an extensive menu of delectable sushi and an impressive selection of sake, by the

carafe or bottle.

gr8 place..

Casa Tua is nice too ;)

Guest vaughan

Grab a blanket, a fishing pole, a tupperware full of sticky rice and a really sharp knife... that really says "I LOVE YOU"!

Oh yeah... and some candles!

Guest djjoncowan

mandarin is a great place with a wonderful setting but since head chef michelle bernstein left it hasn't quite been the same. be careful with that one as now from what i hear its hit or miss, although tomas is right - its won several awards but all while michelle was in charge. another sick place and really romantic setting I thought of is baleen (key biscayne) - really really romantic and intimate. I've heard people say that about casa tua tomas. I ate there about 4 weeks ago and had a wonderful expeience(my first and only) but I guess just like everyplace they have good nights and bad nights. If you feel like driving to broward go to cafe morterano's on oakland park blvd - best food in south florida period!

Guest swank

I like this thread as well....since I've moved to South Florida I haven't had the chance to really enjoy any of the dining experiences...

Great suggestions. :)

Guest Civs

Another one I went to recently was The Restaurant @ The Setai on 20th and Collins. Great atmosphere and awesome food. I suggest the tasting menu. It's well worth it!

Guest Electric Eel

I agree too! When we went to eat there we were mentioning how great the place is for a date, we sat inside, very nice set up and the food was very good too.

Guest Civs

who's gonna take me out to sushi? :-[

I was gonna recommend this one place on International Drive in South Orlando...but oh well it's a bit far from you sir :P

Gotta check out some of these places that ya'll been calling out soon

All4tribal, come down during the week for lunch. We can go to Sushi Takara all you can eat for $9.99. I know I know. Everyone here will be like yuck, but trust me, it's pretty good for the price.

who's gonna take me out to sushi? :-[

I was gonna recommend this one place on International Drive in South Orlando...but oh well it's a bit far from you sir :P

Gotta check out some of these places that ya'll been calling out soon

All4tribal, come down during the week for lunch. We can go to Sushi Takara all you can eat for $9.99. I know I know. Everyone here will be like yuck, but trust me, it's pretty good for the price.

you got sir...pm me ur number, we shall do it soon will be fun

Guest Spankmeister

Cheeburger, Cheeburger

Get the 20oz burger rare and that is just like sushi...:)

Nothing says "I Love You" like a good heart attack meal.... ;D

BTW, this was the first place C took me out to on my first trip to SoFla...LOL

Guest tbooty

yea.. jon cafe morterano's is the shit!! but Vaughan (you da man) has the best idea hands down!! looking forward to the 18th bro. t