Clubplanet Nightlife Community

in praise of verizon

Guest JMT

Guest JMT

since i just got back on cj i just have to say... screw roll over minutes, screw direct connect, screw that pin drop crap! when all others FAILED verizon got the f-ing job done. everyone can bitch all they want about who they think is the best cell provider but when the shit hit the fan my verizon never skipped a beat. i had to let every person i know use my phone for days up here in pbc.

thanks, that is all.

Guest saintjohn

I'm counting the days until my Nextel contract is over. None of the Nextel phones in our neighborhood worked after the storm, but all of the Verizon phones were fine. When we called Nextel yesterday to report the complete lack of coverage in our area, the "customer service" people were condescending and unhelpful.

Guest durrtylexx

Verizon is the only provider that works in my area.

T-Mobile - no

Cingualar - no

Metro PCS - lmao

Nextel - no

I'm going to switch over asap!

Guest Cosmigonon

Verizon is the only provider that works in my area.

T-Mobile - no

Cingualar - no

Metro PCS - lmao

Nextel - no

I'm going to switch over asap!

ditto

Guest DaGoose

Cingular has double the towers that Verizon has...... They also have GSM. There is a reason that Cingular has 53 million customers and Verizon only has about 40 million.

Rollover minutes

7-7-7

True mobile to mobile

Best network (80% of the world is GSM)

better plans

More features

I don't know what area you guys are in but, cingular is putting up a shitload of more towers up and down the east coast.

I know this sounds like a commercial but...this is all true. You must be in bad areas.

I worked for Verizon Wireless...but i'll try not to brag

Im not in the "in" of wireless right now nor do i care...i had verizon for a long time

Now i got Nextel...i don't complain since i got unlimited minutes n I pay $0...company phone...but now that Sprint bought them...im not sure what i should go with...as i am on my phone constantly

CDMA is still on top of things...GSM is cool i guess, but how often do most people go overseas...personally i would never use it...

imo phones should only be used for making/receiving calls n text message is good option to have as well...that's bout it, all the cool lil phones that r at the retail stores right now are outdated...they hold the "newer" phones for at least 6-12 months due to their extensive promos, plans, ect...so after a while u stop carring bout phones n their lil gay tones...i worked in the "wireless corp", got old after a while

Guest pod

I'm on T-Mobile, and I have no complaints. Service during the storm was hit or miss, but only for a few hours.

I've heard nothing but bad things about Sprint.

Nextel is only necessary if you're a high-powered exec or work for some firm that really needs two-way radios. Other than that, get rid of it.

I'm on T-Mobile, and I have no complaints. Service during the storm was hit or miss, but only for a few hours.

I've heard nothing but bad things about Sprint.

Nextel is only necessary if you're a high-powered exec or work for some firm that really needs two-way radios. Other than that, get rid of it.

yes im a high-powered executive, now get back to work!

Guest LeVeL

I'm not saying that Cingular is the best but mine never crapped out during the storm...

I agree that Verizon was great during the Storm but Cingular defintely never missed a beat with me. And I traveled all around South Florida during the past week from Boca to Hialeah to Miami Lakes to Davie to Margate ti Tamarac and Sweetwater my Cingular Service never lost a beat.

So whoever had issues with their Cingular definetely has to check their phones first. For example if you lost reception please turn off your phone and restart it. This provides you a new connection with the Network.

As far as T-Mobile is concerned that service and Nextell was crappy. I hear thsat Sprint never missed a beat either.

But from my experience alone and my constant travels during the past week I have to say that Cingular definetely made me proud of their Service.

Guest LeVeL

You know I am glad you brought this up because me and a couple of buddies of mine had a conversation about this and alot of wireless companies are going to have a Customer Switching to other Wireless Providers that did work during the Storm for they cant go through this hell again.

During the Hurricane even the landline phones couldn't be counted on, only cellphones worked. Causing a major communication issue with people.

Guest Spankmeister

Yup...I have a Nextel Blackberry for work....phone was out till Thursday night, email was hit and miss that 5 days as well...

Carisa's Sprint phone worked like a charm though the whole time....

If this phone that I have wasn't 100% free, no way I would have Nextel

Guest trancelator

John, you have a point about Verizon.

I do a lot of product research for my company and found that in a recent survey of 17 metropolitan areas, Verizon scored the highest in customer satisfaction in each of them.

Yup...I have a Nextel Blackberry for work....phone was out till Thursday night, email was hit and miss that 5 days as well...

aren't you lucky...im still whoring my i205 which was also 100% free lol

but that will change once i move down i hope

aren't you lucky...im still whoring my i205 which was also 100% free lol

thats also what my company gave me. its ghetto.

it can be used as a good defensive weapon lol