Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Kelvin "SOUL MEKANIK" Andrews tonight @ shine

Guest djjoncowan

Guest djjoncowan

tonight: Kelvin Andrews (soul mekanik) all night long with a special opening set by Tarrentella - free drinks 10 - 11 and No Cover! hope to see you all tonight at shine for some good old fashioned house music ;) -

Shine Baby, Shine!

;D

>>> I had a Bangin' time last night... good luck tonight J.J.

I hope the people don't rock the booth when it gets packed again.

Hey Jon,

I never realized that Kelvin used Tracktor DJ, with 2-different controlers w/ a badazz usb / firewire connection. I was wondering how he was using three at the same time

Guest djjoncowan

Shine Baby, Shine!

;D

>>> I had a Bangin' time last night... good luck tonight J.J.

I hope the people don't rock the booth when it gets packed again.

Hey Jon,

I never realized that Kelvin used Tracktor DJ, with 2-different controlers w/ a badazz usb / firewire connection. I was wondering how he was using three at the same time

dunno exactly.. come by tonight and ask him ;) - thanks for last night - you guys did a wicked job!

jon,

will the door be less retarded than last week?

with grand opening madness over, yes - you will have no issues. 8)

Actually it was silly. heres how it went for me.

Woman at the door (Short stature one) : hi guys, bottle service?

Me : hello, no thank you

Woman at the door (Short stature one) : no bottle service? Well lets wait for some ladies to come in.

Me: No. No bottle service. Im here to listen to Kelvin Andrews.

Woman at the door (Short stature one) : ok, you guys well wait here.

Me: FOR FUCK SAKE!!!!!!!!!!! soul Mekanik or STFU!!!!

Woman at the door (Short stature one) : ok guys, come in.

me : ch ;D ;Dns

Choons and choons only. Kelvin knows my sentiments on the ass whipping of choons he was handing out last night.

Music was superb. couches were meh...

Kelvin = A+ last night.

Harold

Guest djjoncowan

jon,

will the door be less retarded than last week?

with grand opening madness over, yes - you will have no issues. 8)

Actually it was silly. heres how it went for me.

Woman at the door (Short stature one) : hi guys, bottle service?

Me : hello, no thank you

Woman at the door (Short stature one) : no bottle service? Well lets wait for some ladies to come in.

Me: No. No bottle service. Im here to listen to Kelvin Andrews.

Woman at the door (Short stature one) : ok, you guys well wait here.

Me: FOR FUCK SAKE!!!!!!!!!!! soul Mekanik or STFU!!!!

Woman at the door (Short stature one) : ok guys, come in.

me : ch ;D ;Dns

Choons and choons only. Kelvin knows my sentiments on the ass whipping of choons he was handing out last night.

Music was superb. couches were meh...

Kelvin = A+ last night.

Harold

if this was the case i sincerely apologise. this is NOT the attitude I want portrayed from my venue and I promise the employee in question will be dealt with. Please accept my apology and for wednesday or the future email me your names to jonathancowan@mac.com and I will personally make sure your treated the correct way. also find me and its a round of shots to help make it up to you. Glad you enjoyed kelvin's set though. what an amazing DJ with a truely unique sound ;) the vibe was great last night and we truely appreciate your support..

all the best

Jon

Guest musicalmissionary

Kelvin's set last night was exactly what I love to hear at a club.... deep-house/tech-house/funky-house/acid/techno with a few atomic bombs for good measure. He'd build it up and bring it back down over and over, just the way I like it.

I'm so happy Kelvin is here in Miami. I just hope Shine finds a way to make it last. I don't have much hope that Miami has what it takes to show a DJ like Kelvin the appreciation he deserves. Only time will tell. In the meantime, I'll be on the dancefloor gettin down to the Soul Mekanik!!

Guest djtroko

Hey, Shine is amazing. I loved the sound, the deco and the whole vibe. Fortunately I had no door problems. The place has a great potential and I def plan on returning soon.

Guest djjoncowan

silly, just silly

loved every minute of Saturday night. Props to Kelvin, he had me dancing on the bar....

;D

and boy did you look great doing it. glad your part of the family T - last night was definitely something special to build on.. can't wait for wed. with denny tsetto's, kelvin andrews and direct from L.A.'s viper room, mike palmieri rocking the lounge... oh yeah, and its 5 yrs of cooljunkie. see you all at shine ;)

Hey Jon, it was good to see you again. I definitely had a blast, and surprisingly enough i had no hassles at the door. I was shocked to see that S. was even pleasant. I remember her from Nikki Beach. The decor is great, simple and i love the lighting. Its very unique and really works well. The sound is great, and the venue is just the right size. Kinda like a bigger and (way) better sounding Prive.

As far as the door policy, i really applaud you for going that route and being so open. I had an interesting short conversation with french gentleman about that. His opinion was that the door should be stricter and more slective, with people apt to spend more money. I told him that i preferred it this way, a quality venue with excellent taste in music. There are enough "vip" clubs and generally speaking those people dont really care about the music anyway.

I'll definitely come again very soon. :)

Guest djjoncowan

Hey Jon, it was good to see you again. I definitely had a blast, and surprisingly enough i had no hassles at the door. I was shocked to see that S. was even pleasant. I remember her from Nikki Beach. The decor is great, simple and i love the lighting. Its very unique and really works well. The sound is great, and the venue is just the right size. Kinda like a bigger and (way) better sounding Prive.

As far as the door policy, i really applaud you for going that route and being so open. I had an interesting short conversation with french gentleman about that. His opinion was that the door should be stricter and more slective, with people apt to spend more money. I told him that i preferred it this way, a quality venue with excellent taste in music. There are enough "vip" clubs and generally speaking those people dont really care about the music anyway.

I'll definitely come again very soon. :)

appreciate your comments. there needs to be a happy medium. Of course the VIP's are important and table sales are key but without the dance crowd, the music loving crowd whats the point of bringing in this talent. its the music lovers that set the vibe and can make or break the evening. everyone is important... LOL - hope to see you next week buddy... :) thanks for the support...

Guest LeVeL

Saturday was great I had so much fun at Shine, I defintely didn't have no door issues, I got in very fast without a problem every one was nice great atmosphere.

Kelvin was defintely dropping it, I just love how that room sounds and that you have the ability to talk without screaming! Also I have to send a major shootout to the blond bartender in the back with short hair for serving up some potent alcoholic drinks just the way I like it.

I will defintely recommend Shine to anyone looking for a fun time out and about in the beach.

Guest Justin Johnson

Hey!!! All you tossers that came on Saturday and didn't stop by the lounge to say hi... >:(

I know you all wanted to see Kelvin, but at least poke your head in for a sec. Damn! LOL

Hey!!! All you tossers that came on Saturday and didn't stop by the lounge to say hi... >:(

I know you all wanted to see Kelvin, but at least poke your head in for a sec. Damn! LOL

sorry man. SHit is so big that i didnt even walk around much.

And i was expecting to see your sorry ass at Cafeteria on Saturday but then your pimp renzo gave me the update that saturday you have a new hole to play at. I will make a grand effort to check you out next time i am at shine.

Harold.

Guest Justin Johnson

sorry man. SHit is so big that i didnt even walk around much.

And i was expecting to see your sorry ass at Cafeteria on Saturday but then your pimp renzo gave me the update that saturday you have a new hole to play at. I will make a grand effort to check you out next time i am at shine.

Harold.

LOL!

Next time... :P

Guest Electric Eel

I'm glad the door is less of a hassle, on opening night it seemed like she was only letting her friends in. We were standing there, Lula and I with our dates, all decked out and she kept on telling us we had to have a bottle to go in but as soon as one of her friends walked up they were let in right away. Luckily Nefarious girl straightened her out and told her who we were and we were let right in, lol.

Also I have to send a major shootout to the blond bartender in the back with short hair for serving up some potent alcoholic drinks just the way I like it.

level, you do know who that wonderful blond bartender in the corner is, right???

Guest LeVeL

level, you do know who that wonderful blond bartender in the corner is, right???

No...I dont

But she is offically my bartender for Shine from now on 8)

Guest Electric Eel

level' date=' you do know who that wonderful blond bartender in the corner is, right???

[/quote']

No...I dont

But she is offically my bartender for Shine from now on 8)

You should introduce yourself next time, her name is Talmage ;D

C__DOCUME1_DOMENI1_LOCALS1_Temp_IMG.jpg