Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Woohoo! Got a new G5.

Guest trancepriest

Guest trancepriest

Congratulations! As if you needed any more Mac goodness in your life . . .

Thank You! Now you should know that you can never have enough Mac goodness in your life. ;)

Guest trancepriest

you crackin' 3DES-1024 yet?

No I don't smoke crack... I snort cocaine.... hehe. No I'm not breaking any encryptions yet... rendering with shake utilizing qmaster... when my powerbook comes back... I may not even use both G5's on a regular... they'll be render nodes... adding a quad G5 to the cluster now would be nice.

Guest trancepriest

Hey Tranepriest, do you have six hands and 3 heads to use all those computers? ???

Great set up though, I have witched from buying computer gear to more photo gear in the last year. Saving up for studio lights and two more lenses, which in all will cost about $3300, oh yeah I need a new laptop also. :P

Its called cluster technology... but I was training my penis as a 5th appendage for computing ;D

Guest swirlundergrounder

Did you get the quad G5 one? I'm so jealous. I'm waiting for my tax return to get my G5.....Can't wait.....But I can only afford a dual. Plus I don't need all the power that the quad G5's offer but you do don't you?

Guest trancepriest

Its called cluster technology... but I was training my penis as a 5th appendage for computing ;D

I know what Cluster Technoloy is , but what are you processing that it takes that much power?

Maybe you can shoot to make the top 500 list some day

http://www.top500.org/lists/2005/11/basic

Uncompressed High Definition rendering with Shake.... but heck even Standard Definition compositing with Shake takes that much power. I really need about 20 dual processor blade servers.... to have instantaneous rendering... hmmmm... perhaps next year.

apple0nu.png

LOL... gotta love Apple flavored turd. ;D

designtop20051018.jpg

Guest trancepriest

either a cheese-grater or my grandpa's old braun.

Now that comment is a whole lot more creative than posting your old Atari 2600 pic. LOL. ;D