Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hey E-tarded and all you other ol' skool freeks:

melloyello

Always wanted to know - how long have people been rollin'? Where did it start? (the club/rave scene, that is) I heard E came out in the 70's, maybe 80's. Did they have house and other electronic music back then? Or did they kick it to Disco? Asking b/c 70's and 80's music can be pretty good when there's no electronica around, and that would make me wonder - did New Order roll alot? (we all know there ol' classic from the movie Blade). What about all that 70's disco - those cats HAD to be on e! Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!

STILL SMOKIN'

Well the first rave I ever remember going to was the Storm parties, back in the early 90's. Before that I don't know if there was really a rave scene in the states like there is now. I started rolling when I was 15, I am 23 now. So thats eight years that I have been rolling. Which is about the same time I started going to parties. mdma was sold in bars before it was outlawed in 1985. You could order it at the bar just like ordering a beer. I am sure the use of mdma was prevalent during the disco days. Normally a topic like this should be posted in NY or possibly music, but since we are dealing with early E usuage thats kewl smile.gif

------------------

~*P*L*U*R*~

Four Simple Words To Live By....

ketamine.jpg

they were sold in bars in the state of Texas the only drug that I remember from the disco era where coke and Quaaludes. all other drug like pot or LSD where for Rockers. Ive been clubbing since 1979.

------------------

"Smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks."