Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Opium Group buys State..

V. Barbarino

Guest coach

Actually, the W in SoBe is old news. They were supposed to break ground in November or December, but due to unexplained delays (lack of sales), it has been pushed back. They are telling everyone January, but it actually won't be until April, at the absolute earliest. You can snag your own place there for a mere $400K for a spacious 350 square foot condo. I kid you not.

Guest dre4

now that the bently opened I hear the sound inforcement will be in full effect. I hope it doesn't affect opium or nikki's to much but I am afraid it might...

perhaps thats one of the main reasons that bbc/radio 1 might not happen during wmc.... at least according to saleen...

actually, the full reason the radio 1 event is not happening is a switch in the music/marketing director at radio 1 - the new head of marketing is just not into the edm like the previous marketing director. he has set aside funds for many projects but cut the wmc event out of the budget. that is the main and only reason

yes but no.... Why would he cut out the wmc event and not other events?? It's simply the lack of support in the UK for EDM... Radio 1 is moving away from EDM due to it's inability to produce $$$$... Enforce or establish drug laws in Ibizia and you have an island full of empty clubs.. I tried to talk LP into taking Hati or the Dominican Republic over and creating our own Ibiza he was too busy trying dominate the world like Dr Evil...

lack of support of edm in the uk??? that is new to me...explain...have u been there recently...it seems like it is still going strong

everything on the beach is moving that direction with the setai, w hotel, gansver, soho house and the new fountain bleu.

Dave, i'm hearing Opium is doing something in broward, whats the word...???

The W in NYC is nice...

I am a 'Preferred Starwood' member and have stayed in very many of the 'W Hotels'...to the best of my knowledge they are not building in SoBe and have already broken ground on their latest property which will also be a residence, in Fort Lauderdale.

BTW Saleen...they're are 5 Hotels in NewYork and they all have lounges in their lobbies...

I was in their midtown one... Actualy wait, maybe it was downtown by wallstreet, hmmmm, I can't remember, but it was a kick ass tuesday night party...

Guest dgrutman

Actually, the W in SoBe is old news. They were supposed to break ground in November or December, but due to unexplained delays (lack of sales), it has been pushed back. They are telling everyone January, but it actually won't be until April, at the absolute earliest. You can snag your own place there for a mere $400K for a spacious 350 square foot condo. I kid you not.

thats like $875 a sq foot for a nothing unit in there. most units are selling for $1100-$1500 a sq ft which is really not cheap. mr chows is going in the w which if you havent been, its HUGE. this w is different then most because its being developed by a developer not starwood, starwood is giving their name and handling the hotel side of things but the developer is actually bringing in big name brands to the property. i think it will do just fine and it will be a flagship hotel.

Guest dgrutman

everything on the beach is moving that direction with the setai, w hotel, gansver, soho house and the new fountain bleu.

The W in NYC is nice...

I am a 'Preferred Starwood' member and have stayed in very many of the 'W Hotels'...to the best of my knowledge they are not building in SoBe and have already broken ground on their latest property which will also be a residence, in Fort Lauderdale.

BTW Saleen...they're are 5 Hotels in NewYork and they all have lounges in their lobbies...

this is true and they all have been run and operated by randy gerbers company (cindy crawfords husband) called midnight oil. 6 months ago starwood bought the majorty share of his company and now operate the bars and lounges. they have a big success with the corporate crowd i.e. amexs. really great 5pm-8pm cocktail places that have hot waitresses and bartenders with a cool design. 90% of them are called whiskeys. we are not going to lauderdale or nyc in a w.

Guest vegasguy25

thats like $875 a sq foot for a nothing unit in there. most units are selling for $1100-$1500 a sq ft which is really not cheap. mr chows is going in the w which if you havent been, its HUGE. this w is different then most because its being developed by a developer not starwood, starwood is giving their name and handling the hotel side of things but the developer is actually bringing in big name brands to the property. i think it will do just fine and it will be a flagship hotel.

That's the same thing they are doing out here in Vegas, where they are lending their name to, and are a minority partner in, a massive, multi-billion dollar development just off the Strip.

Guest nickjunkie

The W in NYC is nice...

this is true and they all have been run and operated by randy gerbers company (cindy crawfords husband) called midnight oil. 6 months ago starwood bought the majorty share of his company and now operate the bars and lounges. they have a big success with the corporate crowd i.e. amexs. really great 5pm-8pm cocktail places that have hot waitresses and bartenders with a cool design. 90% of them are called whiskeys. we are not going to lauderdale or nyc in a w.

They have the formula down just right with the Whiskeys. Perfect after work spot - lots of amex black tabs open on a regular night...

Guest dgrutman

That's the same thing they are doing out here in Vegas, where they are lending their name to, and are a minority partner in, a massive, multi-billion dollar development just off the Strip.

its the same developer.

Guest macboy

You're speaking of Ramblas, right?

The W in NYC is nice...

I didn't say a W, but lauderdale in general..

Guest dgrutman

no las rambas is george perez not edelstein. randy gerber is a part of it who used to own the whiskeys in the w though. i keep hearing las rambas is having major problems. major.

Guest nickjunkie

no las rambas is george perez not edelstein. randy gerber is a part of it who used to own the whiskeys in the w though. i keep hearing las rambas is having major problems. major.

I thought Las Ramblas would be a slam dunk with Clooney on board. It was a nice concept - would be cool to have an old school / rat pack style hotel in Vegas.

Guest macboy

Thanks for clearing that up. ;)