Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone coming to the Pacha NY Wed? Fri night opening?

Guest web_norah

Guest web_norah

i know Eddie -bartender extraordinaire- who once used to work at Pacha Miami and Kristine from Sundance, are coming up.....anyone else?

Pete Tong/ Todd Terry and Louie Vega are djing tomorrow night.

this should be a very interesting one.

Nick? anyone else in CJ?

Guest web_norah

will say hello to ms Kerri for you, John

and sorry to hear you couldnt make it Rolly.

there will be plenty of gossip and djs coming through

Guest nickjunkie

I'm not getting back to NYC until late tonight so will have to make it Friday instead. Looking fwd to checking it out though...

Guest web_norah

hopefully there won't be door holdups tonight, it is supposed to dip to 22 F

we're going early and leaving early, am just very curious to see what sort of changes have been made and this Dynacord sound system.

Guest web_norah

not that i am aware of ...so far, only names i've seen is Morillo, and that's on all the invites that were mailed out.

Guest Electric Eel

Would love to make it up to NY sometime soon. Was actually looking into coming up next weekend but hotels were either booked or pretty pricey :'(

Guest web_norah

^^yes, Ms Lainie, see you there.

about the hotels, a friend was trying to book a hotel for this week on a business trip, no luck...even though it's cold, lots of people travel here for the holidays and shopping. i'd always look at guest houses and craigslist for the odd, empty loft or apartment deal...

Guest web_norah

last night had to be one of the coldest nights here in NYC, it was about 28 degrees !!!

i got there extra early, waited exactly 20 mins, saw the Marketing Director outside (thankfully!), got in and had a good time.

good looking crowd for sure. people dressed the part.

i don't think the intention was to make the place look like the Ibiza or Sitges venues which are the oldest Pacha's and looks-wise, it is what it is, a multi-level venue, mezzanine styled with lots of table service areas. the dancers were great, i thought. nice outfits on all the employees. saw a few drag queens (always a good thing!).

Louie Vega was starting to get really good when we left, and the place was packed to the rafters. the crowd was responding to the music, LOTS of vocals and good old soulful, Louie-remixes ...even a La India track -which i haven't heard anyone except DT play these days.

the sound definitely needs to be tweaked, my ears were hurting as we walked out. lights were nothing special imo. crobar NY lighting is much more wow, amazing than Pacha. still, i thought the place has great potential for being a fun big room in NYC.

Guest web_norah

Shorty from Stereo was on hand, not sure if he'll actually do them the favor of tweaking the sound.

and for the burning question:

no, it doesn't look anything like the white walls, Spanish tiles Ibiza/ Sitges clubs, it looks like a club in New York. :P

Guest saintjohn

Infinite and Shorty are the opposite ends of the club ssound system spectrum, although their design goals (and, some would argue, results) are often similar. Digital vs. analog . . .

Guest Electric Eel

^^yes, Ms Lainie, see you there.

about the hotels, a friend was trying to book a hotel for this week on a business trip, no luck...even though it's cold, lots of people travel here for the holidays and shopping. i'd always look at guest houses and craigslist for the odd, empty loft or apartment deal...

Thanks! Didn't even think about that, i'll check it out and hopefully can make it up there soon.

Guest ramon

It sounds like PNY is going to be the spot from now on… I have to travel up there soon!

PNY? The memory company?

PNY = Pacha New York .. c'mon dan you can be more creative than the memory company :P

Guest web_norah

Infinite and Shorty are the opposite ends of the club ssound system spectrum, although their design goals (and, some would argue, results) are often similar. Digital vs. analog . . .

hence my comment ---> the sound wasn't good to my ears, and someone like Shorty is able to tell you exactly what the problem is....