Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone coming to the Pacha NY Wed? Fri night opening?

Guest web_norah

Guest web_norah

i didn't take a camera unfortunately, i did see people that looked professional going around....i was too focused on the music and talking to people.

i didn't like the sound but that's my preference, i thought that the bass was too high and you couldn't hear at all what the other person said -- and they were practically screaming.

Guest web_norah

Denny loved the system and said the lights were too dark, but they were taking pics of Denny outside the club in front of the pacha logos, i'm looking for who took the pics, do you know norah??

and just when you think it is all nice and cute, the Urgells (owners of Pacha franchise) and the staff that flew over from Spain aren't impressed AT ALL.

Guest web_norah

i am going for round #2 tonight, sound improvement is expected and the guido army i am sure will be in full force ......

Guest saintjohn
the sound wasn't good to my ears, and someone like Shorty is able to tell you exactly what the problem is...

Thanks for the clarification.

Btw, after surfing a few other forums, it seems like you're not the only person who feels that way about the sound. Hopefully, it's just one of those typical opening night things. Given Infinite's reputation, I suspect any audio problems have already been identified and rectified.

As for Shorty, I expect his idea of "tweaking" such a system would involve replacing the Dynacord subwoofers with Bertha boxes, swapping out the full-range alpha concept enclosures for custom-built cabinets with JBL drivers, adding some bullet tweeter arrays, scrapping all of the digital processing and loudspeaker management gear, and installing a vintage Urei rotary mixer with one of his own isolator units. You know, just a few minor changes . . .

Guest web_norah

haha^^

so true what you comment, but thats the person in Shorty, the perfectionist of sound he is...

-- i got my helmet on and warfare clothing ready for tonight. Morillo better step it up.

Guest web_norah

.WHAT A MESS LAST NIGHT.

on Morillo's night, the cops showed up and stopped the party.

if you didn't have a table or knew someone from Pacha Ibiza, the door was absolute chaos. there must have been thousands outside trying to get in, guestlist was useless.

once we were inside, the music stopped probably at about 1 am, lights on, Morillo announcing that police were there, 20 mins later after, no more drinks were being served and our booze was gone, we left. the street was blocked and there were a million cops outside as we walked out, not good news on an opening night with Pacha people from Ibiza looking on.

i was told that the music started again later ...

my guess is that the venue may have been overcapacity and the circus outside probably didn't help matters.

the sound still wasn't all that.

dancers were kicking butt.

people were dancing hands-in-the-air.

that annoying smoke machine was going off.

it had all the elements for a fun party. oh well.

Guest saintjohn

Ouch! That sounds like the mother of all opening night door dramas. I've been following the Pacha chatter on a few other forums, and the initial reports seem to be rather worrisome. I do hope the powers that be manage to get everything (and everyone) sorted out as soon as possible.

I also hope that the Pacha WMC events aren't anything like that.

Guest web_norah

the Pacha wmc events are often run by the same manpower that works in Ibiza -- and that's a well-oiled club machine, that's been my experience working with them in the past.

now this NYC Pacha, i rather not comment because i like to talk when i have details and real facts, not juvenile gossip or bs, at this point, i have no idea what happened last night but it was not a pretty picture.

i left because i had no more patience left and quite frankly, seeing the crowd that was there with the lights on, killed my buzz.

Guest web_norah

the idea behind that "curse" was to bring a classy crowd and great DJs (the Pacha mindset if you want to call it that), i honestly don't think that bringing JP back will help matters.

Guest web_norah

one thing i don't understand is WHY THE HELL people expected the place to look like the Ibiza venue, white, tile and very Mediterranean looking - the club is in New York city not an island or the tropics, it was never meant to look that way.

i think what the venue lacks is the glam factor which makes the other Pacha franchises beautiful venues, ie. Pacha London.

another poorly run aspect is the door and dealing with the amount of people invited plus the regular clubbers, and add to that equation the investors, Pacha Ibiza staff, industry people, etc.

i feel bad for Pacha NYC but that was a very bad scene there last night.