Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NYE @ SHINE w/ Frankie Knuckles, Soul Mekanik (LIVE P.A.), & Justin Johnson

Guest Cablebeats

Guest djdana

Wow, very interesting. I hope the people down here can appreciate a Knuckles visit. He brings a vibe & energy like knowone else. It should be a special night for sure. Anyone remember back in the 90's when Frankie played at that 2nd story club on the beach in Pompano? It was such an awesome set. That night basically sealed the deal for me as far as House music goes. Good luck with the night Jon!

Peace, Dana

Guest musicalmissionary

ooooh this invite is beautiful :)

Except they misspelled balloon at the bottom. Surprised you didn't catch that one grammar*babe ;)

Guest djjoncowan

Except they misspelled balloon at the bottom. Surprised you didn't catch that one grammar*babe ;)

oh wow - i missed that also... oops! ::) - we'll have to fix it

Guest Devilicious

lol....... minor detail. Besides, it's just a word, at least they didn't misspell a DJ's name. That is the WORST!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Devilicious

BUMP!

You said it was about 9 of you? Might want to try the table/bottle option as opposed to general admission (a lot of times it's cheaper) :)

Guest Fez

BUMP!

You said it was about 9 of you? Might want to try the table/bottle option as opposed to general admission (a lot of times it's cheaper) :)

he's gonna need 2 tables for 9 people...

NYEEvite.jpg

Guest mr. wilkins

whats up Jon.... congrats on the opening of Shine..things seem to be working out... happy for you guys.... see ya in Feb. for some wankers wedding in Delray... he he he... ;)

spoke w/ V about some thingys as well... I'm down... I say go for it... 8)

Frankie Knuckles (born January 18, 1955 as Frank Warren Knuckles Jr.) is a DJ, producer and remix artist. He has earned the appellation "The Godfather of House."

Born in New York City he was educated at the Dwyer School of Art and went on to study textile design at FIT in Manhattan. While studying at FIT, he began working as a DJ, playing soul, disco and R&B at The Continental Baths with Larry Levan and then at Better Days. When the Warehouse opened in Chicago in 1977, Knuckles was invited to appear on a regular basis. He continued DJing there until 1982, at which point he started his own club, The Power Plant.

When business difficulties caused it to fold, he moved back to NYC, and was the featured resident DJ at The World, and also had numerous subsequent residencies, inluding The Choice, The Sound Factory, and The Sound Factory Bar. His career really took off and he immersed himself in producing, remixing and recording. His earliest remixes include First Choice's "Let No Man Put Asunder" and Jago's "I'm Going To Go". As house music gained momentum, pioneering producer Chip E. took Frankie under his tutelage and produced Frankie's first recording, "You Can't Hide", featuring vocalist Ricky Dillard. Then came more production work, including Jamie Principle's "Baby Wants to Ride", and later, "Tears" with Robert Owens (of Fingers, Inc.) and Satoshi Tomiie. Knuckles' career in remixing and production, including a long term partnership with David Morales as Def-Mix, continues to this day.

Frankie is featured in the films "Maestro Documentary" and "The UnUsual Suspects - Once Upon a Time in House Music".

On September 19, 2005 Frankie was inducted into the Dance Music Hall of Fame for his outstanding achievement as a DJ.

Guest djjoncowan

Frankie has officially arrived in miami. its on! can't wait for saturday - happy new year ;)

ps. kelvin and danny get in thursday ;)

Guest KellyKel

I am very excited about this nite! I plan on going right after the New Year rings in.

I can't wait to see everyone there!

Thank you so much Mr. Cowan!! This is a huge treat! ;D

T!!!! Come home!!

See you guys Saturday!! ;)

Guest Devilicious

I am very excited about this nite! I plan on going right after the New Year rings in.

I can't wait to see everyone there!

Thank you so much Mr. Cowan!! This is a huge treat! ;D

T!!!! Come home!!

See you guys Saturday!! ;)

Not to worry my dear, I'll be home Friday afternoon ;)

2006 is going to be a good year if this night is any indication of what's to come!