Guest Spankmeister

Guest Spankmeister

NBC: Shots fired on airplane in Miami

Sources say passenger claimed to have bomb

Related Stories | What's this?

BREAKING NEWS

NBC News and news services

Updated: 2:38 p.m. ET Dec. 7, 2005

MIAMI - Shots were fired on an airplane about to leave Miami International Airport on Wednesday, government sources told NBC News.

After a passenger claimed he had a bomb and started to get off the American Airlines airplane, air marshals went after him, the sources said.

The man then turned around, started after the air marshals and shots were fired.

Miami-Dade fire rescue officials confirmed the shooting. It was not immediately clear who fired.

Guest JMT

i think its pretty much a certainty the air marshal did the shooting...

chica, i think you can rest assured you will be fine. the chances of 2 seperate incidents happening at the same airport days apart is incredibly low.

20852699.jpg

Guest swank

OMG!!!

Im flying out of MIA this weekend with AA that's scares me!

When I fly for work...these stories don't seem to creep me out but tuesday I'm flying for 'personal business' and it's creeping me out... :-[

Guest Seb

this is why inve never been on a plane

thats a dumb reason Bling, the chances of you getting killed by a car are about 10000000000 times more likely

Guest lulamishka

thats a dumb reason Bling, the chances of you getting killed by a car are about 10000000000 times more likely

Exactly!

Guest lyrik

more cars out there than planes :D

I've always said it's not so much the flying part that scares me...it's crashing and dieing part....I mean what are the chances of survival in a car accident vs. a plane crash...hmmmm that whole safer in a plane crap...I think it's all shenanigans!

Guest lulamishka

You have to also consider the ratio of flights to crashes/incidents. Planes take off and land allllllll over the world, every friggin' hour, every friggin' day. And its only every now & then that you hear of an incident like what happened at MIA today.

Now consider how often there are car crashes anywhere at any given time.

C'mon now. And for that you're never going to go on a plane? You might as well stay in your house, 'cause the chance of getting into a car crash is more likely than you having some sort of incident on a plane.

Guest trancelator

lmao!

Very true though.

Guest lulamishka

I KNow but my biggest fear is the fear of heights so id me nervous regardless to fly

If its a fear of heights that's really keeping you from flying, then that's a totally different story.

Guest rhythmburn

I KNow but my biggest fear is the fear of heights so id me nervous regardless to fly

that is what valium and scotch are for... =)

Guest lyrik

Suck it up Sally!

I have vertigo too - but fuck driving across country to get back home and you def can't drive over seas....not yet at least.

Guest Spankmeister

living in fear is something that shackles you and keeps someone from being the person they truly can be...

Live each day as if it were your last, no regrets...

Guest Seb

living in fear is something that shackles you and keeps someone from being the person they truly can be...

Live each day as if it were your last, no regrets...

exactly! you have to face your fears and beat the shit out of them ;D

Guest durrtylexx

I'm terrified of heights and to conquer this fear I went sky diving. It was amazing, bling you should give it a try.

When was the last time you tried going on a plane?

you have to grab life by balls and enjoy it.

you only live once.. take advantage.

Sometimes going the plane ride is better than the trip.

Guest JMT

I'm terrified of heights and to conquer this fear I went sky diving. It was amazing, bling you should give it a try.

i hate heights. not severly, but it bothers me to stand next to the railing on a balcony above 3 flights.

i love rollercoasters, but i dont think i could ever skydive. the thought of it alone makes my crotch tingle with nausea.

i also dont like flying, but i do anyway bc otherwise you cant go places. i just sleep as much as possible to make the time pass.

Guest Miss_Digital

i did bungee jumping that was fun! i wanna sky dive too!

i'll take BLing with me

Guest ShampooBabe

thats not the reason youve never been on a plane.......

Different accidents happens in every airline, is not likely that will happen again this week, or this month or even this year, so people, dont be scare.

so how did u get into this country? oh shit, thats right...

the chances of a shitty cuban boat sinking are greater than a plane crashing.......