Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Final Draw For World Cup to be set Tomorrow (12/9)

Guest ddg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Germans are going to disappoint me this time. They are not looking too good....But hey you never know. I remember the older world cups when Germany was actually a serious threat. When Rudy Voeller and Jurgen Klinsmann were pumping fear into everybody's hearts.

Guest trancelator

When Rudy Voeller and Jurgen Klinsmann were pumping fear into everybody's hearts.

True. They were badasses.

Germany had a great run in the WC's from 82-90.

Guest ddg

we should do a pool for the world cup.

bets, something?

im in

and Ar......how about that '78 final...3-1 ass spanking.... ;D

when ur country actually wins a world cup, then u can talk

i hope Argentina gets spanked ... (hey that last game with England was great fun though!).

Brazil' date=' Sweden, England and Croatia are heavy contenders.

that's all i got to say.

[/quote']

In Argentina's defense......Remember the 1986 World cup finals? I think the English are still bitter about that. I think they have nightmares every time they hear the name Diego Maradona....

I think Peter Shilton is still looking for him :o LoL

Its all good, teams I want Argentina to play after we qualify first from our group are: Brazil & England.

bets, something?

im in

agree, argentina has more of a history.. any dutch soccer fan will admit that.... but in that final you speak of, we hit the inside of the post in the 89th minute (at that time it was 1-1).. giving you the chance to spank us 3-1 in extra time..

Argentina vs. Holland will be THE GAME of the group stage imo.....

Guest ddg

bets, something?

im in

agree, argentina has more of a history.. any dutch soccer fan will admit that.... but in that final you speak of, we hit the inside of the post in the 89th minute (at that time it was 1-1).. giving you the chance to spank us 3-1 in extra time..

Argentina vs. Holland will be THE GAME of the group stage imo.....

lots of people are gonna have their eyes glued to that game.... 8) 8)

This time around im not going to Jersey unlike last time in 2002 I only watched Argentinas games and thats about it.Well not like I wouldve to liked to see Brazil win it all ::):P

Guest LeVeL

I'm going for Argentina to win it all but Brazil just looks too tough.

I just dont see how they can lose especially with the quality of players they have. There are just in a league of their own.

Argentina will have a better chance next time around once their younger players develope more.

Guest durrtylexx

I'm going for any team that beats Argentina.

I'd love to see the US win it. I doubt I'll ever see my country (Colombia) win a championship in my life time, but I would be most happy with the US winning it all.

I'll be rooting for the US in 2006.

Guest LeVeL

I'd love to see the US win it. I doubt I'll ever see my country (Colombia) win a championship in my life time, but I would be most happy with the US winning it all.

Dude I dont think Colombia will ever be competitive since what happened in 1994 when one of their defenders made the mistake of hitting the ball into his own goalkeepers goalpost, allowing the US to win.

And then a couple of days later the guy was assasinated...all due to La Guerilla. I dont know when again we will see another successful Colombian Team but that 1994 team had talented players on it.

Guest mursa

group c is def the death group.....cant wait

group b looks interesting as well

dont c the usa getting to the second round

Neither do I. As far as group C is concerned I doubt Serbia and Montenegro will be much of a threat.

FYI : Serbia and Montenegro won the WC qualifying group they were in ........Spain was 2nd place .

So ..i beg to differ , they can be a valid threat !

Guest dj_release

group c is def the death group.....cant wait

group b looks interesting as well

dont c the usa getting to the second round

Neither do I. As far as group C is concerned I doubt Serbia and Montenegro will be much of a threat.

FYI : Serbia and Montenegro won the WC qualifying group they were in ........Spain was 2nd place .

So ..i beg to differ , they can be a valid threat !

what's funny about this is that Spain ended up being as head of the group instead of Serbia who was't even in the regular draw... they had a special pot because they were the worst ranked team from Europe

BCS rankings vs. FIFA rankings... hmmm they both SUCK! ::)

Guest durrtylexx

I'd love to see the US win it. I doubt I'll ever see my country (Colombia) win a championship in my life time' date=' but I would be most happy with the US winning it all.

[/quote']

Dude I dont think Colombia will ever be competitive since what happened in 1994 when one of their defenders made the mistake of hitting the ball into his own goalkeepers goalpost, allowing the US to win.

And then a couple of days later the guy was assasinated...all due to La Guerilla. I dont know when again we will see another successful Colombian Team but that 1994 team had talented players on it.

La Guerilla didn't kill him, a couple of drunk idiots saw him and decided to kill him.

sad, made my country that already has a bad rep, look even worse.

that 94 team was our best shot.

I read a article that El Pibe Valderrama would like to become the national head coach; sounds funny, but hey why not. What does Colombia have to loose? :-\

hate hate hate lol you never know you might end up rooting for Venezuela soon enough. :P

IMO there is no "death group" this time around.

I feel the same way. But then again we never know until the actual world cup.

and why is that? explain yourself...

look at group c.... 4 quality teams... in case u hadn't realised, Drogba and Kalou (both quality forwards) are from ivory coast ......

Guest ddg

hate hate hate lol you never know you might end up rooting for Venezuela soon enough. :P

lol....why r u hating on us lexx... :P

group b also looks tough...england, sweden and paraguay..paraguay is always a threat...

Guest Cosmigonon

look at group c.... 4 quality teams... in case u hadn't realised, Drogba and Kalou (both quality forwards) are from ivory coast ......

So they have 2 good players, what else?

Guest dj_release

u never know with African teams... one of them will always surprise... look at Senegal last time around.... how many "good" players did they have prior to the World Cup and they beat France in the opening game

this time around the surprise could come from Ivory Coast or Ghana IMO

Guest mursa

The teams ONE can write off are :

Costa Rica

Equador

Bahrain

Iran

Australia

Angola

Trinidade & Tobago

Poland

.... every other team for me can be a pleasant surprize or go pretty far depending on many factors

u never know with African teams... one of them will always surprise... look at Senegal last time around.... how many "good" players did they have prior to the World Cup and they beat France in the opening game

this time around the surprise could come from Ivory Coast or Ghana IMO

They don't have the international experience Nigeria and Cameroon have. They might have beaten all the other African teams, but don't forget that Nigeria and Cameroon have not been playing well. I don't think they are prepared to go against so many different styles of soccer.