Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Final Draw For World Cup to be set Tomorrow (12/9)

Guest ddg

Guest durrtylexx

I'm going for any team that beats Argentina.

I'd love to see the US win it. I doubt I'll ever see my country (Colombia) win a championship in my life time, but I would be most happy with the US winning it all.

I'll be rooting for the US in 2006.

US is only good at their own sports...

US made it to the quarter finals last time.

The American team has the FUNDS to create and train a good team. Its only a matter of time.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see the US win it. I doubt I'll ever see my country (Colombia) win a championship in my life time, but I would be most happy with the US winning it all.

Its only a matter of time.

Not in our lifetime :P

The American team has the FUNDS to create and train a good team. Its only a matter of time.

Let's not forget that the US team is comprised of a lot of foreigners that were star soccer players in their countries. A LOT OF THE PLAYERS ARE NOT AMERICAN BORN. The USA has money to buy players and that's it. Americans do not have the burning passion for soccer that the rest of the world has. They will never be respected even if they manage to win the world cup.

Guest dj_release

IMO there is no "death group" this time around.

I feel the same way. But then again we never know until the actual world cup.

and why is that? explain yourself...

look at group c.... 4 quality teams... in case u hadn't realised' date=' Drogba and Kalou (both quality forwards) are from ivory coast ......

[/quote']

So they have 2 good players, what else?

u never know with African teams... one of them will always surprise... look at Senegal last time around.... how many "good" players did they have prior to the World Cup and they beat France in the opening game

this time around the surprise could come from Ivory Coast or Ghana IMO

They don't have the international experience Nigeria and Cameroon have. They might have beaten all the other African teams, but don't forget that Nigeria and Cameroon have not been playing well. I don't think they are prepared to go against so many different styles of soccer.

who the fuck said anything about Cameroon or Nigeria I only mentioned Senegal geez ::)

Guest dj_release

The teams ONE can write off are :

Costa Rica

Equador

Bahrain

Iran

Australia

Angola

Trinidade & Tobago

Poland

.... every other team for me can be a pleasant surprize or go pretty far depending on many factors

ummmm Bahrain isn't there wrong tournament LOL

oh and watch out for Poland... they gave England a scare in the qualifying round :P

final 4 teams will always be the same teams, teams w/ history.Argentina,Brazil,England,Italy, and Germany maybe a team or 2 will be a surprise.Holand and Spain are similar, very good team,alot of talent but always choke towards the end.Portugal can be a team to look out for but then again they can choke like they did in the Eurocup.

Guest mursa

final 4 teams will always be the same teams, teams w/ history.Argentina,Brazil,England,Italy, and Germany maybe a team or 2 will be a surprise.Holand and Spain are similar, very good team,alot of talent but always choke towards the end.Portugal can be a team to look out for but then again they can choke like they did in the Eurocup.

stop hatin fewl ! .........Portugal is gonna go Far !

what took you so long to respond? ;)

Guest mursa

Y u online ? ..arent you suppose to be celebrating Bocas Championship !?? :o :-X ;D

anybody can choke......shoot , argentina did so in WC02 ........

...for this WC Portugal IMO is obligated to ATLEAST reach the Quarter Finals .....anything less is a bad presence .

Guest Cosmigonon

Let's not forget that the US team is comprised of a lot of foreigners that were star soccer players in their countries. A LOT OF THE PLAYERS ARE NOT AMERICAN BORN. The USA has money to buy players and that's it. Americans do not have the burning passion for soccer that the rest of the world has. They will never be respected even if they manage to win the world cup.

That was the case 10 years ago. US national team today has barely any foreigners at all.

The case of the American team is admirable, it shows you that you can create something out of nothing if you have the desire. Whomever plays soccer in this country deserves my respect, for having the passion to play a sport that gets no respect whatsoever here.

Sure, if you're born in Latin America or Europe, you get all the resoect from your country men if you play soccer, that's a given, but that's not the case here...

Y u online ? ..arent you suppose to be celebrating Bocas Championship !?? :o :-X ;D

...for this WC Portugal IMO is obligated to ATLEAST reach the Quarter Finals .....anything less is a bad presence .

Obligated to reach what nigga? Come on dude you guys aren't fav for anything nor to reach anything. You guys are all hype and are there to make the best of it and "try" to make history for the first time,Portugal has no history and lost to Greece not once but twice playing @ HOME in the last edition of the Eurocup. As for choke, its not for anyone cause it doesnt fit small teams w/ no history. Yes Argentina choked in 2002 cause we had a good team and were favorites and that Argentina like Brazil or any other country with history and players of the caliber that we have had for WCs are always expected to reach far in any contest but shyt happens.As for your Portugal querido where or how far are they expected to reach? Besides their fans cause I dont think nor heard anyone talk about Portugal. But then again once its game time, its on all bs aside.Hey I do think Portugal has a good team but thats about it.No worries you can always root for Brazil like every other person does. ;):P

Obligated to reach what nigga? Come on dude you guys aren't fav for anything nor to reach anything. You guys are all hype and are there to make the best of it and "try" to make history for the first time,Portugal has no history and lost to Greece not once but twice playing @ HOME in the last edition of the Eurocup. As for choke, its not for anyone cause it doesnt fit small teams w/ no history. Yes Argentina choked in 2002 cause we had a good team and were favorites and that Argentina like Brazil or any other country with history and players of the caliber that we have had for WCs are always expected to reach far in any contest but shyt happens.As for your Portugal querido where or how far are they expected to reach? Besides their fans cause I dont think nor heard anyone talk about Portugal. But then again once its game time, its on all bs aside.Hey I do think Portugal has a good team but thats about it.No worries you can always root for Brazil like every other person does. ;):P

8)

Guest mursa

whatever nigga ! ::) ........we might not be an elite team in terms of championships won , but we are definetly one that is respected and admired worldwide for our talent .

.... you might be rooting for your "mother country" (Italy) aswell pretty quickly if the Arg team goes to this WC as cocky as you seem to be .

ps... I hope you guys atleast pass the first round , so we can knock you biatches out in the knockout stage ! ;)

Guest mursa

No worries you can always root for Brazil like every other person does. ;):P

Ouch!! :o

As you can see , Argentinians always seem to have a "Napolean Complex" for when it comes to Brazil .

No worries you can always root for Brazil like every other person does. ;):P

Ouch!! :o

As you can see , Argentinians always seem to have a "Napolean Complex" for when it comes to Brazil .

blah blah blah lmao what have you guys won again? u have no bragging rights nor to talk.So I will leave you talking to yourself homie. ;D

Guest crippie420

Is Figo gonna come out and play in his walker or what.....

Did you say protugal. :-X Did Greece make the WC???

Is Deco gonna win it all for you guys... ::)

I guess, if it werent for that shitty group you came out of, I guess you guys have a chance, both qualifiers and WC.... :P

Guest mursa

Is Figo gonna come out and play in his walker or what.....

Did you say protugal. :-X Did Greece make the WC???

Is Deco gonna win it all for you guys... ::)

I guess, if it werent for that shitty group you came out of, I guess you guys have a chance, both qualifiers and WC.... :P

smoking the crippie , before you post again ? lol ;D

Guest crippie420

You might smoking just a little more if you think protugal is gonna go far..... if greece can beat you, you might not get out of the first round... ;D

Guest ddg

just thought it would be interesting to c each countries world rankings

Group A

Germany 16

Costa Rica 21

Poland 23

Ecuador 37

Group B

England 9

Paraguay 30

Trinidad and Tobago 51

Sweden 14

Group C

Argentina 4 Fuerza hijo de putas!!

Côte d'Ivoire 41

Serbia and Montenegro 47

Netherlands 3

Group D

Mexico 7

Iran 19

Angola 62

Portugal 10

Group E

Italy 12

Ghana 50

United States 8

Czech Republic 2

Group F

Brazil 1

Croatia 20

Australia 49

Japan 15

Group G

France 5

Switzerland 36

Korea Republic 29

Togo 56

Group H

Spain 6

Ukraine 40

Tunisia 28

Saudi Arabia 32

Guest crippie420

If you go by that bullsh*t political rankings, ....straight up, the US is in the group of death cuz ghana is nasty... underrated like a mother..... and who the f**k is that 3rd team in protugal's group, is that really a country?? ??? How did those guys get in..... If portugal doesn't get to the second round, I would stop watching soccer at a national level....you might even be able to start Figo against those midgets in your group..... :D

Guest mursa

mursa..i think your team will move onto the second round...but thats about it.....fucking group sux ass...lol

..looks can be deceiving .....on paper is one thing , on the field it can become more difficult .

Portugal might be setting itself up with a game vs Argentina in the second round knockout . ..so watch out !

Guest mursa

Crippie ...... Angola has kept teams like cameroon and nigeria out of the Wc ...so don't underestimate them .

As far as Portugal is concerned , you sure knock Figo , but he's currently a Starter with Inter milan FYI .......... you should keep an eye out for other Younger threats such as Cristiano Ronaldo , Deco , Quaresma , Joao Moutinho and Simao ........... and if our Striker Pauleta ( i believe the current leading scorer in the french league ) doesn't choke in the WC ..watch out ! :o

PS...Portugal also has one of the highest rated Center Back duos in the World ........ Jorge Andrade (corunha) and Carvalho (chelsea) .