Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Very important question

amalkav

I need a serious advice... I have really bad health troubles last couple of weeks.. I can't sleep in the night, wakeing up with panic feelings, can't breath, my heart is bumping and I feel like I am having a heart attack or something.. Through the day I feel dizzy very weak, have pressure on my chest, I have that feeling like my brain is squeezing and I feel pressure in my temples...I went to the doctor she did regular check up and she told me it seems like I am OK physicly, that I have only higher blood pressure (138/88)an my blood test was normal.. So she told me I am probably suffering from panic attacks... But this is happening for like 3 weeks already and I feel really weird through the day too. I feel like I am gonna faint and my head is spinning even when I just walk on the street. I live pretty quite life so why panic attacks?? First I thought it's because I am nervous.. I felt my heart 24 hours a day but now I feel more that brain squeezing...I don't think it's psychical.. I was just wondering if this can be caused by E. I did that like once in 2 weeks for about 4 months, but not every 2 weeks.. and I took always only one pill. I had really bad experince last time I did that and it was like 6 weeks ago. I felt like my brain is boiling.. I am sure that pill was OK I tested it only too strong for me..So I wanna know if it could damage my brain in some way??? Or what this can be?? I thought I would feel it immediately after that pill not like 2 weeks later.. It's not getting better I think it's even worse and I am sick and tired of it already... I appreciate every suggestions..

Sorry for broken English.. I hope you understand what I wanted to say..

THX!!

------------------

I've told myself so many times before

But this time I think I mean it for sure

We have reached a full stop

Nothing's going to save us from the big drop.. "DM"

unicornx1.gif

Unfortunately, unlike some other members on this board, I'm not a physician. Nevertheless, I would strongly urge you to get a second, even third opinion from other doctors. Physicians routinely underdiagnose and are often constrained in the amount of tests that they can administer by HMOs. Also, not to stereotype but, I'd pick a physicican in an upscale area over some Russian voodoo doctor in Brooklyn.

I hope you feel better! cwm12.gif

------------------

translucent_binary.gif

Definitely sounds like panic attacks to me. I was having them for awhile too. I went to the doctor and they gave me some meds to help out. I guess they say one of the possible hazards with taking E is it can lead to all types of psychological disorders like anxiety, panic attack, even obsesive complusive disorder. I was having panic attacks before I started taking E, and since I've taken it, it has seemed to reverse it. E affects everyone differently but if it keeps up and you can't seem to deal with it anymore, I would go back to the doctor and get some meds. Oh...the other thing is...there are a handfull of meds out there that won't mix with E so if youre still into E....try getting Paxil for your panic attacks. At least that way you can still roll. Otherwise some of the other meds create some pretty bad health problems when mixed with E.

hi i just want to let you know something.... paxil cannot be taken with e, i dont know where some of you people got your info from, but i hate to tell you all this to bring down your superficial highs,,,, heres my short story in a nutshel - i have been having srious panic attack for 2 years now and i have done probally more reasearch than any doctor out there.. yes extasy can cause a chemical imbalance in your brain and that can cause panic attacks, paxil is an excellent drug to help youthrough panic attacks and it does correct the chemical imbalance, but under nooo circumstances can you mix e and paxil.... or any other antideppressent or SSRI or MAOI drug... and if you have panic attacks and dont know what that is i suggest that you reasearch it.... and as for the original writer of this question on advice. i would love to chat with you and help you through this completley... i have been through it and i am living with it now, i have learned to cope with the feeling and i have learned to deal with the panic... so write me at poetiklee@home.com

regarding your comments on taking MAOI's with E: what exactly do they do when mixed? ive heard this for a while now, and ive been on antidepressants and the like before i started dropping E. i try to avoid the mixtures at all costs, but the MAOIs stay in your system a few days. all i want to know is the severity of mixing them, and why it's such a bad idea to mix them.

thanks!

[This message has been edited by tongue_u (edited 12-03-2000).]

Oh my GOD DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT MIX maoi's with ANYTHING!!!!!!!!! I was an epileptic for quite a while and on a very powerful MAOI and you have to be SOOOOOO incredibly careful about what you take. When I first started taking it (i was on it for 5 years) I didn't really know the effects until i took an overthe counter cold drugs and ended up in the hospital from liver failure. There are warnings on nearly every over the counter drug out there and DO NOT mix ANY extracurricular drug with an MAOI. I never noticed any bad side effects from smoking pot with it in the five years but......why risk it. With MAOI's it depends what it is mixed with but you can have not so serious effects, (kidney, bladder colon infections.) to REALLY SERIOUS effects, (kidney,liver, heart respitory FAILURE)

I you're on (prescribed to an MAOI) there is somthing seroius going on with your body, these drugs aren't just handed out. so get that fixed before playing with anything else.

thx for your replies... But I don't think I wanna do E again so I don't even care what medicines you can mix and what not... I still feel weird, my doctor told me to buy INOSITOL but didn't give me any other medicines... I couldn't find it in the store but even with no medicine I slept well for about 4 nights now. I think I feel better if I talk about those panic attacks but I still feel bad throught the day. I feel very weak, dizzy and have a little headache. But I still feel more pressure in my temples than pain... like my brain is squeezing and it's very annoying... I don't know what that can be.. It looks like something is going on with my brain... I don't know what to do frown.gif I am 25 and I feel like an old lady with no energy frown.gif

------------------

I've told myself so many times before

But this time I think I mean it for sure

We have reached a full stop

Nothing's going to save us from the big drop.. "DM"

unicornx1.gif