Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Welcome to the Family.

Guest ramon

Guest ramon

Our very own lulamishka (michelle) has bought her first mac. a 17" Imac w/ Frontrow. So yeah here's endless years of great computing.

Apple FTW!

Guest pod

Someone buy me one and I'll think about it.

I'm in system-agnostic land right now. There's Thinkpads and Macs all around me.

2 TPs running XP

1 G5

1 TP running Fedora Core 3

It's like a UN of computing. Though unlike the UN, I can still get things done around here.

Thinkpads still rule, even post Lenovo sale. They're black and can be dropped.

Guest ramon

I'm in system-agnostic land right now. There's Thinkpads and Macs all around me.

2 TPs running XP

1 G5

It's like a UN of computing. Though unlike the UN, I can still get things done around here.

run CentOS if you are gonna run Linux please ;)

Guest rhythmburn

2 TPs running XP

1 G5

run CentOS if you are gonna run Linux please ;)

Debian =)

Guest lulamishka

LoL, thanks guys. :)

After some frustration last night, I am on my way to being a happy camper w/ my new iMac.

I swear, I think a Ramon should come standard with every new Mac purchase. Thanks again. :-*

Guest macboy

I thought the whole object of having a Mac was not to need a Ramon around?

Ramon is the resident Unix geek. Those of us who way want to delve in to that area of the Mac's capabilities can certainly learn a lot from him. But yes, that is the object. My girl got an iBook, and despite being relatively computer illiterate, is already comfortable using most of its apps and features.

Guest trancepriest

It's for deprogramming you see... questions like... to delete a program all I have to is drop it in the trash bin? How do I defrag on my Mac?

Guest Miss_Digital

It's for deprogramming you see... questions like... to delete a program all I have to is drop it in the trash bin? How do I defrag on my Mac?

LoL

;D

Guest pod

I tend to go for the best tool for the application at hand. If a Mac will suit what I do, I'll use a Mac. If a PC does it, I'll use a PC.

Since OS X came out, I've had no major issues using either platform.

What excites me now is OSX86. The benefits of a Mac OS environment, and if you're handy with torrents, the ability to install it wherever you want.

Guest trancepriest

I tend to go for the best tool for the application at hand. If a Mac will suit what I do, I'll use a Mac. If a PC does it, I'll use a PC.

Since OS X came out, I've had no major issues using either platform.

What excites me now is OSX86. The benefits of a Mac OS environment, and if you're handy with torrents, the ability to install it wherever you want.

Hey I'm rendering HDV 1080/60i video in Final Cut Pro 119% faster than on my older dual 2.0... heck that excites me. All on a system that costs me less to buy than to build and comes with great easy to use software.

Guest coach

My most heartfelt condolences. I use both a Mac (the boss' iMac) and a PC (my Toshiba laptop). The mac gives me unending troubles, the PC hardly ever has a glitch. The mac, I have to reboot on a regular schedule, the PC I can leave unrebooted for weeks at a time. The PC generally tells me what is going on in my computer, the Mac hides most relevant info from me in order to make my life "easier".

Guest r3nz0

Instant Messaging - Wed. December 28th:

Trancepriest (5:30 pm): Michelle, need help with your Mac? Anything. I'm always here.

Lulamishka (5:31 pm): No, thanks. I'm good. I'll let you know.

Trancepriest (5:33 pm): And now? Come on, let me help you. I haven't subscribed to 189 Mac magazines for nothing! I need to help you!!! Help me help you!!!!!

Lulamishka (5:34 pm): Um, no, I'm ok. Thanks. I'll IM you if I need anything. Seriously.

Trancepriest (5:34 pm): Ok, fine.

Trancepriest (5:54 pm): Ok, seriously, it's been a whole 20 minutes!!!! What the hell are you doing over there?!?!?!?! You wanna see pics of my Mac setup? Anything?!?!

Lulamishka (5:54 pm) *blocks trancepriest*

Guest pod

I'm a cheap sonuvabitch. I can hunt out a cheaper price on almost anything! ;D

Plus there's the thrill of throwing the switch on something you yourself put together.

Guest macboy

Trancepriest (5:30 pm): Michelle, need help with your Mac? Anything. I'm always here.

Trancepriest (5:33 pm): And now? Come on, let me help you. I haven't subscribed to 189 Mac magazines for nothing! I need to help you!!! Help me help you!!!!!

Lulamishka (5:34 pm): Um, no, I'm ok. Thanks. I'll IM you if I need anything. Seriously.

Trancepriest (5:54 pm): Ok, seriously, it's been a whole 20 minutes!!!! What the hell are you doing over there?!?!?!?! You wanna see pics of my Mac setup? Anything?!?!

Another nominee for post of the year. :P

Guest trancepriest

LMAOF ;D

Guest lulamishka

Yea, well, I'm fairly new to the whole Mac thing. So I need someone like Ramon around.

Guest lulamishka

maybe she bought a mac to get into ramons pants

You always have some kind of smart remark to make, don't ya. ::)