Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why Oh? Why?

Why do people pay 200 :odollars on new years to go to a club just because some famous person is hosting it?

>:(Why does Space only let you order tickets online from a company based in New York? What is up with that? Other then the new years website or going to the club is there any other local ways to get the ticket? :-\

Why do people pay 200 :odollars on new years to go to a club just because some famous person is hosting it?

>:(Why does Space only let you order tickets online from a company based in New York? What is up with that? Other then the new years website or going to the club is there any other local ways to get the ticket? :-\

question #1 -...answer=status, low self esteem, i know him/her, i fcuk the dj, i made out w/ him/her/celebrity/dj, ect

question #2 - answer=cuz they can and i believe you might be able to get it at the door, but not 100% positive

Guest dj_release

because it's the AMERICAN DREAM you f00l

Guest musicalmissionary

You got a problem with New York? And just FYI, that company is the same company that owns this website... we have an office here in Miami.

8)

Guest pod

Umm that company is part of us and we're in Miami, too :) ...

And I don't see a major issue with getting your tix online. More convenient.

Guest dgrutman

i dont know but thank god they do.

Guest pod

I concur with Mr. Grutman. I'm a cheap bastard, but if someone wants to pay $200 or $2000 for New Years, that's their perogative. It's called living in a free market economy...commie! ;D

Guest dgrutman

i love newyears.com its like having a huge promoter on your side. great company. they fedex you the tickets the next day so you dont have to go to a dirty club and wait on line or get them from sub sub promoter who might have real tickets or not. i laughed at them 3 years ago when they were trying to get our events on the site but look at them now. congrats.

Umm that company is part of us and we're in Miami, too :) ...

And I don't see a major issue with getting your tix online. More convenient.

Does that mean that when a ticket is overnighted its really shipped from Miami and yall keep the change? ::)

Guest pod

Does that mean that when a ticket is overnighted its really shipped from Miami and yall keep the change? ::)

Nope. Physical tickets are stored in New York until an order is placed. The only thing in Miami is a sales rep, an irritable alcoholic photo editor, and a designer with delusions of out-drinking the photo editor. It's like a branch office.

Guest durrtylexx

because it's the AMERICAN DREAM you f00l

ha ha

Guest coach

Don't know, but so happy they do.

Guest musicalmissionary

The only thing in Miami is a sales rep, an irritable alcoholic photo editor, and a designer with delusions of out-drinking the photo editor.

That designer you speak of has no delusions whatsoever of out-drinking you... trust me. He's more than happy to concede the title of Office Drunk to you.

Guest coach

You know, thinking about it, I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that "normal" folks cannot hang around with celebrities for any price. If you are a big fan of a celebrity, $200 probably is not such a big price to pay for a chance to meet your idol in a social setting. Also, most of the places charging $200 include a variety of other benefits for that price. For those of us who are not bit celeb-watchers, it might seem a little silly, but if that is your thing, then more power to you. I'm sure that everyone here spends stupid money on their own hobbies that others might find silly.

Guest dgrutman

You know, thinking about it, I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that "normal" folks cannot hang around with celebrities for any price. If you are a big fan of a celebrity, $200 probably is not such a big price to pay for a chance to meet your idol in a social setting. Also, most of the places charging $200 include a variety of other benefits for that price. For those of us who are not bit celeb-watchers, it might seem a little silly, but if that is your thing, then more power to you. I'm sure that everyone here spends stupid money on their own hobbies that others might find silly.

beside the celebs you also have

* dj am

* a live performance with The Bravery

Guest macboy

Look at the Delano. It's $500 for general admission. Amazing. Just a few years ago when the Delano had little competition for the high end New Years parties they were charging $300. You'd think with more competition now they would have held their prices steady but I think they'll still be near capacity. Most of the people I knew who were going to that party in past years were coming from NY or LA and just tack it on to their vacation cost.