Clubplanet Nightlife Community

nocturnal/crobar question

Guest Tru1

Guest Tru1

I am not sure if this is old news or not but I just spoke with one of the major dance music agents in new york and he informed me that Crobar is booking the Nocturnal space for conference.

I don't recall seeing anything on this board beyond speculation of a deal.

I guess the deal got done.

Guest saintjohn

I've heard the same thing, from a source I consider to be both well-informed and honest (with me, anyway). Since the Club World Awards gala is supposed to happen at Nocturnal during conference, I have an added interest in confirming this. Of course, the CWA event was supposed to be at Nocturnal during last year's conference, too . . .

my guys say it's 100% not true, just crobar has the one after hours on nye... The whole thing makes sense for their not to be a deal. You have a club strapped for cash and another club who has no cash, so how would that work out? WMC is 3 months away, it's too far away for crobar to fix it's problems (with no money) and be profitable long enough to do the wmc then bail the next month... Unless they know they will loose X amount of money between now and wmc then their profits at wmc off set their operationg loses for the 3 months...

interesting stuff...

Guest biznation00

my guys say it's 100% not true, just crobar has the one after hours on nye... The whole thing makes sense for their not to be a deal. You have a club strapped for cash and another club who has no cash, so how would that work out? WMC is 3 months away, it's too far away for crobar to fix it's problems (with no money) and be profitable long enough to do the wmc then bail the next month... Unless they know they will loose X amount of money between now and wmc then their profits at wmc off set their operationg loses for the 3 months...

interesting stuff...

stop hating... and don't say you're just telling it how it is! ::)