Clubplanet Nightlife Community

THE ROSE BOWL IS OUT OF HAND!

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

You have Texas QB Vince Young doing a Micheal Vick impersentaion (but better becuz he can also pass the ball) and you have Reggie Bush doing a flip on the sidelines from about 4 yards out into the endzone to score a TD....That shit was insane!!

Nice close game also early in the 4th..

Slow start but the action picked up the second half

Guest skywalker01

loved seeing the underdog team pull out the W. i think leinart will end up a better pro qb than vince young, but young carried his team to a national championship tonight. and btw leinart is officially an arrogant asshole. post game interview quote from him "....i still think we're the better team, they just made the plays tonight." fuck off, you lost!!

Guest dahzel

it was a great game, hands down. i think most of us were surprised w/ the outcome. not even so much that texas won, but the way they won. a couple of ?uestionable calls but in the end, it doesn't matter does it. at least they played their asses off and deserved to win. texas will probably be the team to beat next year too.

Guest swirlundergrounder

texas will probably be the team to beat next year too.

Nope. Vince Young is entering the NFL draft this year. I don't see how Texas can win without him...

Guest LeVeL

Classic Game...Vince Young was overshadowed all month by Leinhart and Reggie Bush but ionce in the limelight the guy truly embarassed that USC defense Vince is unstoppable the guy is a mission to tackle down.

Its sweet to see the Underdog Win!

Guest JMT

incredible game! vince young carried the team on his back when it looked like they were done for and the defense was giving up.

i agree, leinhart looked like a first class prick after the game with that interview. what a sore loser! thats probably what that jerk pete carroll instills in his players.

good win for mack brown.

btw, the replay system in college football is CRAP. they either need to change the system closer to the one the NFL has (with challenges) or get rid of replay altogether. the refs missed the biggest call of the game on young's lateral, then practically every other play was being reviewed for no reason in the second half. there is no reason a coach should have to burn a timeout just to facilitate a replay. added to that, the decisions come from some booth were no one knows who the hell is actually sitting up there.

Guest musicalmissionary

i agree, leinhart looked like a first class prick after the game with that interview. what a sore loser! thats probably what that jerk pete carroll instills in his players.

You obviously didn't hear a word Pete Carroll said in his post-game interview. He had nothing but praise for Texas and basically said they were the better team. I agree Leinhart's comment was very prickish, but don't bring Carroll into it. I was super impressed by Carroll's post-game commentary.

Anyone whining about Young's lateral being a bad call... sure it was a bad call, but you've gotta be a fool to think Texas (Young) wouldn't have ended up scoring anyways. It was a 1st down play that would have resulted in a first and goal even if called correctly. Now Reggie Bush's lateral/fumble... THAT was the biggest mistake of the entire game hands down... and it came from the most hyped player in the game. Go figure.

Great game!!

Guest LeVeL

incredible game! vince young carried the team on his back when it looked like they were done for and the defense was giving up.

good win for mack brown.

btw, the replay system in college football is CRAP. they either need to change the system closer to the one the NFL has (with challenges) or get rid of replay altogether. the refs missed the biggest call of the game on young's lateral, then practically every other play was being reviewed for no reason in the second half. there is no reason a coach should have to burn a timeout just to facilitate a replay. added to that, the decisions come from some booth were no one knows who the hell is actually sitting up there.

yeah the replay system is just ridiculous, this is the NCAA first year and 11 Divisions incorporated it. But the NCAA has had numeruous years to evaluate the NFL and how they manage it and still failed miserable this year.

The rule that I hate the most is that if a Big Ten team plays a ACC Team, the road team has the option of either using replay or not using it.

This decision helped USC win against Notre Dame when they fumbled pout of bounce when they played earlier this season.

The NCAA has to take a closer look into this on how to improve it for next year.

Guest JMT

You obviously didn't hear a word Pete Carroll said in his post-game interview. He had nothing but praise for Texas and basically said they were the better team. I agree Leinhart's comment was very prickish, but don't bring Carroll into it. I was super impressed by Carroll's post-game commentary.

Anyone whining about Young's lateral being a bad call... sure it was a bad call, but you've gotta be a fool to think Texas (Young) wouldn't have ended up scoring anyways. It was a 1st down play that would have resulted in a first and goal even if called correctly. Now Reggie Bush's lateral/fumble... THAT was the biggest mistake of the entire game hands down... and it came from the most hyped player in the game. Go figure.

Great game!!

maybe im off base, but i recall incidents of his shit-talking and making gestures from the sidelines in his NFL days when the dolphins used to play him.

since i wanted texas to win the lateral didnt upset me. but the fact is it did not get reviewed, yet countless other plays did get reviewed that did not warrant it as much, which slowed the game to a crawl. the point is, the replay system leaves a lot to be desired. there is no way to say what would have happened on the next play had that been reviewed, unless youre miss cleo.

dumb play on the lateral by bush, but thats only bc they lost the ball. still, he ended up with 275 total yards.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Now Reggie Bush's lateral/fumble... THAT was the biggest mistake of the entire game hands down... and it came from the most hyped player in the game. Go figure.

Great game!!

That play was the biggest mistake of the game. USC could have broken the game wide open at that point.

Guest dahzel

Nope. Vince Young is entering the NFL draft this year. I don't see how Texas can win without him...

i thought that he hadn't made up his mind yet. i was saying last night that now would be an ideal time to enter the draft. so, only if vince stays will texas have a good team again, agreed.

Guest LeVeL

i thought that he hadn't made up his mind yet. i was saying last night that now would be an ideal time to enter the draft. so, only if vince stays will texas have a good team again, agreed.

No decisions has been made about Vince going to the NFL just yet. Its common sense that he should go but he hasn't decided yet, let the speculation begin.

If Vince does go to the NFL, I dont see no reason why he shouldn't be drafted number 1. After Reggies Bush's performance in the Rose Bowl, you can teel that the man is stoppable and I believe even some of his pre draft hype has fallen.

Lendale White with his performance last night might of made him a top ten draft pick.

Guest JMT

one reason he might not go number one is because the NFL is a totally different animal and running quarterbacks have not had much success winning championships.

reggie bush is still an oustanding player, regardless of this one game. he still had 275 total yards. if USC had a better defense, the outcome might have been much different. look at how fresno state ripped them up.

Guest swirlundergrounder

i thought that he hadn't made up his mind yet. i was saying last night that now would be an ideal time to enter the draft. so' date=' only if vince stays will texas have a good team again, agreed.

[/quote']

No decisions has been made about Vince going to the NFL just yet. Its common sense that he should go but he hasn't decided yet, let the speculation begin.

If Vince does go to the NFL, I dont see no reason why he shouldn't be drafted number 1. After Reggies Bush's performance in the Rose Bowl, you can teel that the man is stoppable and I believe even some of his pre draft hype has fallen.

Lendale White with his performance last night might of made him a top ten draft pick.

The reason why he wouldn't go number one is because Houston has the first pick and they need a running back more than they need a new quarter back. Carr is a decent quarter back. He just needs better protection and if he had Bush in the backfield with him, defenses would pay more attention to him than to Carr. It's a good fit for Houston.

New Orleans I think gets the number 2 pick and they need a new QB.

At best Young would go #2 and at worst he would go number 3 this year. His value ccould decrease if he waited until next year. And we all know there's a big earnings difference if he went #5 instead of #2 or #3...

Guest swirlundergrounder

Also. Vince Young is holding a lottery ticket right now. He should cash it! If he enters the draft by the Jan 15th deadline, he will only be seen once more during the NFL combines before the draft.

If he plays his senior year, he could get injured, or could have a bad year all around decreasing his value. His value will never be higher than it is now...