Clubplanet Nightlife Community

People That Go To Work Sick!!

Guest michael^heaven

Guest michael^heaven

---WTF!!! Stay the f@#k home!!! Now, I understand that not everyone can take off whenever they feel the least bit ill but when you're freakin' coughing (I'm talkin' about that nasty, green action coming up stylee), sneezing, sniffling, looking like your about to die tip...stay the f@#k away. This is why everyone gets sick in the workplace at once. This is also why these people stay sick for a longer period of time. They don't give their body time to heal. Luckily, I'm a vitamin freak & in good health (for the most part). So, I don't get sick very often....& I DON'T WANT TO EITHER. >:(

Guest swirlundergrounder

And people's bad eating habits contribute to a weaker immune system.

Yeah some people who may look sick can still feel as if they can work.

I for one hate being around coughing people. Sniffles aren't so bad. It's the coughing.

I don't shake hands with people unless I have to during the flu season. If I see a buddy I give them the 'fist to fist' greeting....LOL

Guest Chica

GROSS.....there is an old lady that sits by me who coughs nasty all the time, she is not sick or anything i guess is from years and years of smoking......i wish u all could hear it eeeeeeeewwww

Guest swirlundergrounder

GROSS.....there is an old lady that sits by me who coughs nasty all the time, she is not sick or anything i guess is from years and years of smoking......i wish u all could hear it eeeeeeeewwww

Why would you wish something like that upon us? ??? :P

Guest Electric Eel

lol, thats like when someone eats something that is gross and they are like ewww this is nasty, try it. I find that hysterical, if you just said it was gross keep it away from me!

Guest pussErox

i contstantly had this problem. until i made it a habit to use hand sanitizer. i now keep 2 jumbo bottles on my desk. since i am always touching everyones workstations, (i work in IT) i am very prone to catch something. so my 3 recommendations. 1) do not touch your face. I had a bad habit of messin with my beard/goatie while stumped on an issue. bringing the germs one step closer to my mouth...ew. 2) use hand sanitizer after visiting any workstation. (I just use it randomly, whenever, and as often as possible now) 3) try to do as much as possible remotley (from my desk). This should be #1. just steer clear. So far, so good. 2005 was cold & flu free. It's tough to make people stay home from work. hope this works as well for me this year.

(same in the car. i keep a little bottle in there and use it whenever i get back in the vehicle.)

Guest LeVeL

i contstantly had this problem. until i made it a habit to use hand sanitizer. i now keep 2 jumbo bottles on my desk. since i am always touching everyones workstations, (i work in IT) i am very prone to catch something. so my 3 recommendations. 1) do not touch your face. I had a bad habit of messin with my beard/goatie while stumped on an issue. bringing the germs one step closer to my mouth...ew. 2) use hand sanitizer after visiting any workstation. (I just use it randomly, whenever, and as often as possible now) 3) try to do as much as possible remotley (from my desk). This should be #1. just steer clear. So far, so good. 2005 was cold & flu free. It's tough to make people stay home from work. hope this works as well for me this year.

(same in the car. i keep a little bottle in there and use it whenever i get back in the vehicle.)

I totally agree...with your statement and I was sick free in 2005. Another thing also is if you are the type of person who says hi to people during Flu season I try not to shake hands or kiss sick girls on the cheek to say hi. Thats another way sicknesses get passed. :P

Guest Spankmeister

This is a HUGE misconception...

When you get sick, it is your body fighting off a virus or bacteria, when your body fights it off, it 'remembers' that virus or bacteria so you won't get sick from it again...This is why kids get sick a lot, their immune system hasn't 'learned' about many illnesses yet and it is actually healthy to get sick once in a while...

Overuse of antibiotics and antiseptics can cause bacteria and viruses to become 'immune' to their effects and therefore those antibiotics and antiseptics don't work for the long term..

Guest rollyp66

I say go to work sick... you might as well since you are going to be miserable anyway!! You are better calling out when you are feeling good, and enjoying the beautiful weather or hanging out with your friends randomly....

You just call and say "Boss, I'm calling in feeling good, it's a beautiful day out, and I'm going to kick back and have a few beers with my friends because they are feeling good too!

Guest ddg

I say go to work sick... you might as well since you are going to be miserable anyway!! You are better calling out when you are feeling good, and enjoying the beautiful weather or hanging out with your friends randomly....

You just call and say "Boss, I'm calling in feeling good, it's a beautiful day out, and I'm going to kick back and have a few beers with my friends because they are feeling good too!

i wish it were that easy.... :P

Guest ShampooBabe

Sometimes u just wake up, and feel good enough to go to work, but in the middle of day you get worse. So the virus attacks u, just when u are talkin to your coworkers. In that case, u should go home and wait to get better...

Guest DaGoose

Stay away from medicine and try to eat right (for the most part). I have not been sick in years. Not kidding either, no colds, no flu, no nothing. A few years back, I decided that I would let my body fight off everything. Best decision I ever made. Antibiotics are the worst thing ever. If I'm in a life or death situation.....then give me medicine. Other than that.......keep it away.

Guest Devilicious

love it!

and I say the same as miss digital... if on salary it's fine to stay home, but if I don't go in I don't get paid, thus I don't call in sick. Also there's not always someone to replace you... take care of business or it doesn't get done!

Guest Chica

I had to tell u guys this one, a friend of mine who works here in my building just got some virus from someone at work, the doctor told her she might got it from contact with someone who has a cat, she told me like 5 ppl at her office own cats, no one outside work has cats, so she had to get it from someone at the office.... gross, and the sad this is that she is pregnant, i told her to stay away from all those ppl and to wash her hand as much as she can.....

Guest LeVeL

I usually go in one day and then the next i take off...I dont work through my sickness which is why you have sickdays in your workplace. I try to take advantage of them as much as I can.

But going to work sick sucks and whats worse is working next to someone who is sick.

Guest dahzel

I don't shake hands with people unless I have to during the flu season. If I see a buddy I give them the 'fist to fist' greeting....LOL

always the fist to fist. when you actually educate your self on germs, everything is instantly gross, especially shaking hands. i have a buddy who constantly has his finger in his nose (and always gets bitched at for it) when he goes to say hello or good bye i cringe even w/ fist to fist. i spent a year working for a medical supply company so lets just say i have PLENTY of hand sanitizer!!

coincidently i have been sick the past few days and have stayed home from work, i had that cough y'all are talking about. yeah eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww! :-X