Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can someone please explain to me...

sinergygrl

what this means? It is from a response to my other post, and I don't understand what they are saying. Thank you.

Mechanism of Action: The precise mechanism of action of tricyclic antidepressants is not

fully understood. It is believed that these drugs interfere with the reuptake of various

neurotransmitters at the neuronal membrane. This results in a potentiation of the neurotransmitter at the post-synaptic receptor. Imipramine, a tertiary amine, inhibits the reuptake of serotonin more than do secondary amines, which inhibit primarily

norepinephrine. Because imipramine is metabolized to a secondary amine (desipramine), however, classification of tricyclic antidepressants according to type of neurotransmitter affected is problematic.

cwm13.gif

------------------

I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow.

Thank you so much e-tarded! Someone said that it produces more saratonin, does it really? It really doesn't sound like that is what they are saying. But then again I can barely understand what they are saying. cwm25.gif E-tarded you are such a life saver, I can't thank you enough.

------------------

I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow.

Originally posted by sinergygrl:

what this means? It is from a response to my other post, and I don't understand what they are saying. Thank you.

Mechanism of Action: The precise mechanism of action of tricyclic antidepressants is not

fully understood. It is believed that these drugs interfere with the reuptake of various

neurotransmitters at the neuronal membrane. This results in a potentiation of the neurotransmitter at the post-synaptic receptor. Imipramine, a tertiary amine, inhibits the reuptake of serotonin more than do secondary amines, which inhibit primarily

norepinephrine. Because imipramine is metabolized to a secondary amine (desipramine), however, classification of tricyclic antidepressants according to type of neurotransmitter affected is problematic.

cwm13.gif

neurotransmitter -- A chemical in the nervous system (such as dopamine or serotonin) that carries messages across the gaps (synapses) between neurons.

selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) -- A class of antidepressants that work by blocking the reabsorption of serotonin in the brain, raising the levels of serotonin

serotonin -- One of the three major neurotransmitters found in the synapses of the brain linked to the development of depression.

synapse -- The gap between two nerve cells at which the transmission of nerve impulses occurs.

Hope this helps

------------------

~*P*L*U*R*~

Four Simple Words To Live By....

ketamine.jpg

Basically what it is saying is that the prescription is an SSRI. Umm I am currently at work or I would explain it more, but I dont need anyone to see me posting here. I will finish this when I get home.

------------------

~*P*L*U*R*~

Four Simple Words To Live By....

ketamine.jpg