Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sound Factory in Miami?

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

Guest musicalmissionary

Sure gives all us junkies more to talk, rumor, gossip, speculate about. And at the end of the day that's all that really matters... being entertained one way or another.

Guest Tru1

Nick,

Usually you are way on point, however, I do distinctly recall you predicting the demise of Gryphon and Pangaea when Spirits opened and time is proving you clearly wrong.

The sound factory guy is a proven operator. The owner of Noc was not.

It's way too soon to make a call in my opinion.

All I know is it will be Jonathan Peters Miami residency. If he is able to do 1/4 of what he does in NY, it will be a very solid residency.

Guest Darwin Castillo

Where are they going to get people to fill the club? Spirits cant do it, Noc is having problems and what ever happen to Players (is it coming back?). Its a crazy town but there is not enough people for this city.

Nick,

Usually you are way on point, however, I do distinctly recall you predicting the demise of Gryphon and Pangaea when Spirits opened and time is proving you clearly wrong.

All I know is it will be Jonathan Peters Miami residency. If he is able to do 1/4 of what he does in NY, it will be a very solid residency.

Give them time young jedi... For EDM pvd was test and it worked, so now they are going to pump some talent in there.

Guest saintjohn

Thanks for the targeting image, mp3some.

"Stand by. Marking now."

"Check Master Arm, Laser Arm, and check you are not in mark."

"Rolling in."

Guest JMT

Yeah. I'm in that area a lot. I know the lay of the land.

And no, that's not where I sleep contrary to popular belief!

ive actually had to walk past it after leaving space. to my suprise, no one said anything to me as i passed.

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

Nick,

Richard Grant is definitely a proven success but i dont think JP will be a weekly resident at all.

Guest LeVeL

Where are they going to get people to fill the club? Spirits cant do it, Noc is having problems and what ever happen to Players (is it coming back?). Its a crazy town but there is not enough people for this city.

Thats the same thing that was said before Metropolis opened and look how they are doing without even bringing big time guest Talent. They been pumping residents week in and week out and that club stays packed.

Eventually people will go from one club and start going to another for example have you gone to Crobar lately on fridays and Saturdays...its dead :-\

Guest Tru1

JP probably won't be weekly. But I would bet the farm that they try out a monthly with him.

Nick,

I agree that PVD was a test, however, there are only a few djs at best that can even come close to pulling that kind of crowd at Spirits.

Dade and Louis are going to fight the same battle that I fought for years in Cleveland and Columbus Ohio. Masses will come out for the headliners, but to try and build a consistent crowd for the off weeks is near impossible. One trick that we used was a HUGE curtain to cut off half of the club on nights without massive lineups.

Guest frankthetank

Dade and Louis are going to fight the same battle that I fought for years in Cleveland and Columbus Ohio.

Was this at the Red Zone? Moda?