Clubplanet Nightlife Community

24 hour liquor licenses

I was reading a website today and came across this page: http://www.fyimags.com/index.cfm/details/y/id/124/pk_venues/43.html

About the Venue:

Metropolis Downtown is a biiig club! Approximately thirty five thousand square feet... and it has an additional twenty thousand square feet of outdoor area that can be used for parking, live music concert, festivals and a courtyard for when the weather is right.

Metropolis Downtown has been awarded the last twenty-four hour liquor license in the downtown district complimented by the number one rated sound system worldwide.

is this true? no more 24 hour liquor licenses for new clubs in downtown?

Guest pod

They'd need to expand the 24-hour zone if anything. Realistically it is super-small. Metropolis forms the south end of it. You could put a venue in that parking lot and it would have to close at 5 AM.

If I remember correctly the southern border is 9th St, the western border is Miami Avenue, the eastern border is 2nd Avenue, and the northern border is 395. In other words, real small. There was an article in the Sunpost a few years back where a potential business owner bitched about that, saying that his project was on the other side of Miami Avenue, and the City wouldn't give him certain grants that everyone else got in the zone.

I think ten permits is enough though. Out of all the new venues supposedly opening up in the area, I give maybe one of them a chance of surviving beyond year one. So there'll always be a few open ones for someone to use. Besides, we're at critical mass now for clubs. Not enough people to go around to support any more new venues.