Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Erick Morillo in the NY Post

Guest macboy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest junglesmacks

'What advice do you have for upcoming deejays?

Be able to connect with the crowd. There's nothing worse than watching a deejay play record after record with his head down. When I play, I'm out there jumping up and down. And when people see me give energy, they give it right back. Then they start jumping up and down, and it sort of becomes like a ping-pong match of energy. And when it's right, it's unbelievable. It's like a rock concert. "

word 8)

Guest Marina22

Wow, that travel schedule alone is hectic but it would be worth it to be able to go to all those different places. Talk about jet lag! As far as his comment on interaction with the crowd, he is in my top three DJs who are the best "communicators" that I have seen: Carl Cox, Donald Glaude, and Eric Morilllo. I'd be a workaholic too if this was my job ;D

Guest web_norah

i love writers who don't fact check before going to print...West 46 is hardly what i'd call Chelsea/ NYC.

considering the amount of horrible press that the NY Post has been printing about Pacha during the last few weeks, this article comes as a total shocker to me.

'What advice do you have for upcoming deejays?

Be able to connect with the crowd. There's nothing worse than watching a deejay play record after record with his head down. When I play, I'm out there jumping up and down. And when people see me give energy, they give it right back. Then they start jumping up and down, and it sort of becomes like a ping-pong match of energy. And when it's right, it's unbelievable. It's like a rock concert. "

word 8)

he's not kidding...

CIMG0343.jpg

CIMG0336.jpg

CIMG0337.jpg

Guest Cosmigonon

i had to change what i said cuz i forgot how there are quite a few sensitive people on this message board sometimes...never was i implying bout anyone, it was just a small joke, can't take a joke? than i'll remove it, that's it.

I like everyone on here well almost everyone...that's me being honest

Wuss...

i had to change what i said cuz i forgot how there are quite a few sensitive people on this message board sometimes...never was i implying bout anyone, it was just a small joke, can't take a joke? than i'll remove it, that's it.

I like everyone on here well almost everyone...that's me being honest

Wuss...

not the wuss, but i forgot how some people on here take things a little too personal and automatically think you're speaking of so n so...

Guest r3nz0

I truly do not think there is any DJ out there that's a better entertainer than Morillo.

While his track selection is not always what I'd want to hear, there is simply no denying the level of energy he brings.

Guest Philip

I truly do not think there is any DJ out there that's a better entertainer than Morillo.

While his track selection is not always what I'd want to hear, there is simply no denying the level of energy he brings.

Agreed. I feel the same way about Sanchez. But how do you beat the fantastic party that both can bring to a venue? I might be alot pickier about the CD's I listen to - but I go to Space for the atmosphere and dance my ass off. If the muzik is exactly what I wanna hear... well thats just a bonus. March 23rd on the Terrace is so hot right now.

Guest web_norah

a DJ is meant to play music, for entertainment you go to the circus or watch comedy, for instance.

Fatboy Slim in that case, is a far better, "entertainer", not the greatest DJ ...and he, unlike EM, threw a free party in his hometown Brighton UK, for some 30,000 people ...that's an entertainer.

Guest Cosmigonon

a DJ is meant to play music, for entertainment you go to the circus or watch comedy, for instance.

Fatboy Slim in that case, is a far better, "entertainer", not the greatest DJ ...and he, unlike EM, threw a free party in his hometown Brighton UK, for some 30,000 people ...that's an entertainer.

I agree with you.