Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ford....

Guest refresh

Guest drlogic

yahoooooo

yipppeeee

What's the unemployment @ now? 4.7?

During the Clinton admin, he never got the unemployment level below 6.(something) and back then the press crowed about that being virtually 100% employment.

It's no wonder the current unemployment rating under the Bush admin just keeps getting swept under the rug.

Maybe if Ford lays off enough people in the next 5 years or so, we'll reach the 6.(somethings) Democrats loved to crow about?

I know, I know, that wasn't your point. This is all part of some vast right wing consipracy. Seems to be working like a charm.

These haters might just be better off buying a punching bag and putting a picture of Bush on it.

lol

(Thank you Karl Rove.....You're a friggin' bad ass! "They always take the bait,,hook,line & sinker! Respect!)

Guest drlogic

True....Ford f150 is the best selling truck.....has been for like 25 yrs straight.

Actually, I own an '04 f150,,and I love it!

I bought my wife an Expedition......

On weekends, we just drive around MIA buring fuel hoping to see a hole burn in the ozone so that we can see the beautiful Aurora Borialis from SoBe....

LOL

Guest swirlundergrounder

its real simple, if people dont like seeing ford lay off, buy their fucking cars.

Well don't you also think that in a way this is Ford's own fault for not seeing the shift of the automobile consumer away from SUV and large gas wasting vehicles? Ford should have jumped on the trend faster and shifted their efforts to meet this demand faster.

Guest junglesmacks

its real simple, if people dont like seeing ford lay off, buy their fucking cars.

Well don't you also think that in a way this is Ford's own fault for not seeing the shift of the automobile consumer away from SUV and large gas wasting vehicles? Ford should have jumped on the trend faster and shifted their efforts to meet this demand faster.

or just made a decent vehicle instead of a plastic filled, poorly designed box of junk with a million minor defects...

Guest drlogic

FORD can do what it wants. I wouldn't want anyone telling me what to do.

The Japs are catching up and catching up quick in the fullsize truck market.......They've still got a ways to go though.

Who am I to tell someone what they can and can't drive? The whole pseudo-scandal of global warming being a man-made event is silly at best.

The market will dictate what Ford does or doesn't do. I'm happy w/ my Fords. I like the elevated feeling of a truck/suv. It's more comfortable and feels safer (for me at least.....if a tiny tin foil Japaneese rice burner runs into me, then that's their problem..)

We fall so that we can learn to pick ourselves back up, right?

or we can all panic, cry mea-culpa, blame Bush and blurt out halliburton every now and then,,,just for shits-n-giggles.

LOL

Guest swirlundergrounder

FORD can do what it wants. I wouldn't want anyone telling me what to do.

The Japs are catching up and catching up quick in the fullsize truck market.......They've still got a ways to go though.

Who am I to tell someone what they can and can't drive? The whole pseudo-scandal of global warming being a man-made event is silly at best.

The market will dictate what Ford does or doesn't do. I'm happy w/ my Fords. I like the elevated feeling of a truck/suv. It's more comfortable and feels safer (for me at least.....if a tiny tin foil Japaneese rice burner runs into me, then that's their problem..)

We fall so that we can learn to pick ourselves back up, right?

or we can all panic, cry mea-culpa, blame Bush and blurt out halliburton every now and then,,,just for shits-n-giggles.

LOL

you're wrong man! I used to have a Ford Explorer up unitl 2 years ago. Now I have a VW Passat Wagon and it's much safer than the Explorer. Better fuel economy, 8 air bags in the VW as compared to only 4 in the Ford and they're made much better. Fords start to fall apart on you after 2 years... I've owned 2 of them in my life time. I'm a safe and careful driver who takes care of my property but the damm pieces of junk still fall apart....

The Japs will eventually take over the SUV market. Their trucks are made better and made smarter!

Guest drlogic

No doubt on the Jap cars....They've got all their ducks in a row.

I had a VW too....piece of shit! It was a PASSAT too,,the only one assembled in Germany. All the others are assembled in Mexico...Talk about crap!

I hope your VW treats you well. All the little things in those cars break,,,a/c vents, knobs, etc....The plastic peels too.

I too had an explorer and traded it in. Didn't tickle my pickle. This is my first full size truck (the F150) and guess what......I don't give a FOHK,,,I love my truck! I can't wait to put a suspension lift and obscene tires on it so that I can jump VW's in traffic. (that was a joke too)....

Enjoy your VW. I hope it works out for U. My wife had the Lexus RX 300 when it first came out and I can't lie.......LEXUS IS DA' SHIT! Those cars just drive excellent and are more comfortable than anything I've ever expereinced. My wife probably wants to go back to the RX when she's done w/ the Expo.

If life was only this simple to build better cars.. The Asians use the exchange rate to seel cars real cheap and the Japs don't have 1500 of each car going to health care... The Americans have done very well in address quality, I see them moving in the right direction, and I only drive American... I have a Ford and my next purchase will be a Caddy..

Guest pod

I had a '93 Taurus as my last car for two years. It held up well all things considered.

I want a Crown Vic P71. They're rock solid and reliable. That's what I look for.

Guest coach

Of course, it is not the line workers, the vast majority of those that will be laid off, who made those bone-headed decisions. It sure would be nice if we could hold executives responsible for being idiots.

Guest michael^heaven

I had a VW too....piece of shit! It was a PASSAT too,,the only one assembled in Germany. All the others are assembled in Mexico...Talk about crap!

---Not necessarily so. The GTI I owned was assembled in Germany. All Wolfsburg editions are also assembled in North Germany as well as several other models.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/company/wolfsburg

---From what I understand, the plant in Puebla, MX mainly just assembles the original Beetle. The factory in Spain builds the Polo & the plant in Brazil manufactures the Fox. I also owned a Fox GL which ran like a champ for many years.

I hope your VW treats you well. All the little things in those cars break,,,a/c vents, knobs, etc....The plastic peels too.

---Hmmm...the only problem I had with components was when a f@#ktard kicked the storage compartment on the passenger door & cracked it. Also, VW did not clear-coat their Fox's. So, oxidation was a major battle. Other than that...no worries.

Guest JMT

perhaps Ford should have spent more money on other things instead of those incredibly annoying and asinine "ride it like a ford" commercials.

american cars have come a long way, but the interior "fit and finish" still leave something to be desired. thats where Ford and GMs problems lie.

well i own one...and if i am NOT mistaken, the F-150 was the most purchased American vehicle....

correct. F150 is the best selling vehicle, if you count the GMC/Chevy 1500 platform as 2 different vehicles. but F150 sales alone cant be enough to sustain the company.

Guest michael^heaven

---I think that a lot of it is a mix of luck of the draw & timing. I've known people who have owned Fords that have run brilliantly & others were pieces of garbage. I was told, a while back, that you should never buy a car/truck that was assembled on a Monday or on a Friday. Monday being hangover day & Friday the day everyone is in a rush to leave work.

Guest drlogic

perhaps Ford should have spent more money on other things instead of those incredibly annoying and asinine "ride it like a ford" commercials.

american cars have come a long way, but the interior "fit and finish" still leave something to be desired. thats where Ford and GMs problems lie.

well i own one...and if i am NOT mistaken, the F-150 was the most purchased American vehicle....

correct. F150 is the best selling vehicle, if you count the GMC/Chevy 1500 platform as 2 different vehicles. but F150 sales alone cant be enough to sustain the company.

F150 interior is SWEET for a pickup. The 250, 350, all the GMC's and CHEVY'S have WEAK interiors. Very plain and very "trucky".

The f150 interior is tight.....I think the GMC 2500 4x4 is a better truck and when I'm done w/ my f150, i'll look into one of those. they're much mroe expensive though.......

as for the ford commercial......WEAK!!!!!! BOTHERS ME EVERYTIME I SEE IT.

Guest drlogic

well, if the japs keep chugg'n along, they'll need more man power, then they can all apply to work at one of their assembly plants.

or maybe we can just find more creative ways to extort money from societies producers and private employment providers so as to speed up the destruction of our current system, leaving us all vulnerable and at the mercy of our gub'mint..

LOL