Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ford....

Guest refresh

Guest LeVeL

those commericals were put out by the south florida dealers, not ford, and ford was pissed off about them...

I hate those Commercials they are so annoying :-X

Guest swirlundergrounder

those commericals were put out by the south florida dealers' date=' not ford, and ford was pissed off about them...

[/quote']

I hate those Commercials they are so annoying :-X

yeah you don't see those commercials up North or on the West Coast.

If life was only this simple to build better cars.. The Asians use the exchange rate to seel cars real cheap and the Japs don't have 1500 of each car going to health care... The Americans have done very well in address quality, I see them moving in the right direction, and I only drive American... I have a Ford and my next purchase will be a Caddy..

we all know ur mr. ford guy, but i have about 10+ clients that had caddies and now they drive toyotas, they said they will never go back to a cadillac on how unreliable the car is, ect...

they were all white americans aka domestic ppl too

I drove a 05/F150 and a 05/Ram1500 both dual cabs for over a year in otown for work...i really missed them, never had a problem w/ them, drove real nice, comfortable, but i do 250-400 miles a week, so the 80 to fill up really got me...

If i were to buy a truck now, I would go with the Toyota Tacoma dual cab V6 or the 4Runner V6...no V8's for me no more.

Guest JMT

Factory Parking Lot Reserved for Fords Only

DEARBORN, Michigan (Jan. 27) - The parking lot at Ford Motor Co.'s Dearborn Truck plant just got a little more exclusive.

Plant manager Rob Webber announced Monday that, starting Feb. 1, the parking lot may be used only by employees who drive vehicles built by Ford or one of its subsidiaries.

Webber's move came the same day Ford announced a restructuring plan under which it will cut up to 30,000 jobs and close 14 facilities by 2012. Ford said the plan is designed to make the company's North American division, which lost $1.6 billion last year, profitable by 2008.

"It was something this plant manager took upon himself. It's not a companywide policy," Ford spokeswoman Anne Marie Gattari said, adding that Webber made the decision after consulting with local UAW leaders.

Jerry Sullivan, president of United Auto Workers Local 600, which represents about 2,600 workers at the plant, applauded Webber's move.

"Everybody's in this together. (We need) to buy the products we make and support the company," Sullivan said. "This is a good place to start."

The UAW in the past has banished Asian and European vehicles from its parking lots. The restriction at Dearborn Truck, however, may be the first to be sanctioned by an automaker, The Detroit News reported Friday.

The ban applies to both salaried and hourly workers with permits to park on site. About 15 percent of Dearborn Truck employees have such permits. Employees who don't drive Ford products can still park in an employee lot across the street from the plant.

Guest dahzel

its real simple, if people dont like seeing ford lay off, buy their fucking cars.

it's not just that though. the United Auto Workers (UAW) union has gotten the amount of money these ppl get paid to a ridiculous amount. why do you think labor is so high when you take your car to a dealership and not a private mechanic? they have to charge this stupid amount of money just for labor to make up what they have to pay the union workers. and as someone stated, the F-150 is still the highest selling truck/ possible vehicle in the U.S. the bottomline here is that japanese cars are a better product for the average american. sales will continue to plummet if a better product isn't put on the market.

caddy is the only lux car manufacturer with 2 models in the top ten for sales in 05, and caddy's quality is higher than beemer and benz according to JD power.. Keep thinking people are moving away from caddy, you are flat out wrong!

that's great, but my customers didn't lie...matter of fact ive seen their cars

Caddies sales are also up even higher due to the hip hop community and all the exposure w/ their 22's the media has been putting them out...and the average granpa/grandma drives a caddy..when they put 100 miles a month, they don't know any better.

but just because a product can be in the top 10 in whatever u wanna categorize them in, don't mean that product is such a great product either.

i could careles to begin with...just something someone else made an opinion on...but i wouldnt doubt maybe the quality is better than benz/bimmers since from what ive seen they tend to get pretty bad scores from car n track, motortrends, ect when it comes to top 5-10 luxury competitors.

Guest dahzel

I didnt read this thread but...

I wish they would stop with those damn commercials...

Ride it Like a Ford, Ride it Like a Ford.... ::)

there's like 3 different versions of that damn song. worst damn earworm ever!

Guest coach

I heard some Ford exec on the radio the other day and the interviewer asked basically why does Ford's business suck so hard even though they are a 100 year-old company. You'd think they'd have figured it out by now. He just said that nobody could have predicted the spike in oil prices. What a dumbfuck. Obviously, *someone* could have predicted it because Ford is losing marketshare to someone. I really think that if we are going to pay these executives ridiculous salaries they need to be held more personally responsible for their fuck ups.

I heard some Ford exec on the radio the other day and the interviewer asked basically why does Ford's business suck so hard even though they are a 100 year-old company. You'd think they'd have figured it out by now. He just said that nobody could have predicted the spike in oil prices. What a dumbfuck. Obviously, *someone* could have predicted it because Ford is losing marketshare to someone. I really think that if we are going to pay these executives ridiculous salaries they need to be held more personally responsible for their fuck ups.

here is the deal. Trucks have better margins, so they focused on them, notice ford uptil last year, didn't build a decent car? When oil spiked up, and the truck craze came to an end, they had no cars to sell...

Until GM and Ford switch over toe rwd plateforms, they can't compete. The new Lincoln is going to tank, why? It's front wheel drive.

Guest JMT

camry, accord, taurus, civic.... the best-selling cars each year are front wheel drive.

the problem is interior quality. they need to stop making cars with plastic parts that squeak and rattle after a year.

camry, accord, taurus, civic.... the best-selling cars each year are front wheel drive.

the problem is interior quality. they need to stop making cars with plastic parts that squeak and rattle after a year.

thats not the point, outside of that segment people want RWD cars... Caddy went 90% RWD for a reason and it's paying off. RWD cars simply are better driving cars.. Why do you think the Acura TL sucks in sales?? Every mag says the same thing, it's FWD... Once a car needs even a litte bit of performance you need RWD to compete...

in MT's last edition they said the key to bub lutz making GM a winner is if he can get the bean counters to allow him to bring back RWD which is more expensive to build..

Guest coach

here is the deal. Trucks have better margins, so they focused on them, notice ford uptil last year, didn't build a decent car? When oil spiked up, and the truck craze came to an end, they had no cars to sell...

Heh. So you're saying focussing on short-term profits at the cost of long-term viability is a bad idea?