Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Official Review of Jazzy Sessions Day 2 (WITH PICS)

Bling

Went back for a house set on Day 2.. What we got instead was for the first 90 min a top 40's look back into classic 80's songs and then into hip hop like day one (many tracks he played on day 1).....loveddddddd the classic 80's stuff... IT WAS BOMB AFTER BOMB....... :o :o :o :o :o WISH HE PLAYED IT ALL NITE WITH THE VIBE HE SET

I loved the 80's stuff dont get me wrong the crowd ate it up... i ate it up and we all sang to it. but after that I really thought he would get into house music. but he didnt. he went back into hip hop

I know its Jeff's decision for the most part by reading the crowd what he will play. But i went on day 2 for House music..

the place was slammed the women (very hot ones) outnumbered the men and they were dancing on couches. etc and 9 times out of 10 in this city people want to hear hip hop (esp women for the most part)

I dont mean to be critical, as Jazzy Jeff is the best hip hop dj ive ever heard but going both nites he played very similar hip hop tracks.

He uses Serato scratch which gives him a virtual encyclopedia of music but he played for the crowd which is what any "good dj" is a master of.

At this point outside of WMC im not to sure if Jeff will even play house music hopefully he will.

What he did play though was excellent. If he played 80's classics all nite it wouuld have been one of my favorite sets of the year so far. but unfortunately he went into hip hop and I left along with Phil and Carlos.

The positives for the nite

1) extremely hot women

2) MC Skillz is awesome he gets the crowd pumped

3) Jeff's scratchin

4) 80's tracks from a ton of Michael Jackson, Prince... and like every 8o's famous track we all love..... (hell he even started the nite with "we will rock you" )

overall a good nite sans for the fact that there was NO house music at all played

ill be back at shine feb 25th for jojoflores. ;D

(NOTE I LEFT AROUND 3ISH PERHAPS HE SWITCHED IT UP AGAIN... CHICA WAS STILL THERE.. GIVE US A REPORT... ;D)

Thanks again Jon for everything as always.....

(missed the shot of the nite i hear from phil lol .. guess i was dancing too much :P)

pics soon

Guest djcarlosf

fucking brilliant night!! this was a prequel for WMC's 'pop tarts'. there was a period of about 15 minutes, where all i could think was 'this was the most fun ive had since WMC'

jazzy jeff is trully an amazing dj :o :o :o :o

thanks a ton jon! :)

Guest Devilicious

Chris played house (opening/closing duties)

Evidently many people approached the booth asking for hip hop... what can ya do. It worked :)

I had a great time!!!! :)

8) ur too funny when u screamed when yet another classic hit 80's song came on.. shame he didnt play like that all nite. he should have started with 70's disco to 80's then early 90's insted of the modern day hip hop

oh wellzz lol the first 90 min was sick at least ;D

Guest djjoncowan

bling, were you there on saturday? I agree that friday was modern day hiphop but I know for fact he didn't play any of the same music on both nights and the hiphop he played saturday was more like "white lines" "rappers delight" and biggies "big pappa" but the night consisted mostly of 70's, 80, disco, and yes some propper defected style house. He even dropped groove is in the heart = choon = anyways, props to jeff - the guy is fucking amazing. Never have I witnessed a dj work a crossfader quite like dj jazzy jeff. Thanks for those who supported for two amazing nights! this saturday is hector romero and don't forget jeff will be back on my birthday march 11th hopefully with a very special guest.... ;) 8)

Guest swank

bling, were you there on saturday? I agree that friday was modern day hiphop but I know for fact he didn't play any of the same music on both nights and the hiphop he played saturday was more like "white lines" "rappers delight" and biggies "big pappa" but the night consisted mostly of 70's, 80, disco, and yes some propper defected style house. He even dropped groove is in the heart = choon = anyways, props to jeff - the guy is fucking amazing. Never have I witnessed a dj work a crossfader quite like dj jazzy jeff. Thanks for those who supported for two amazing nights! this saturday is hector romero and don't forget jeff will be back on my birthday march 11th hopefully with a very special guest.... ;) 8)

Awwww 'Lawdy' liver don't fail me now! ;D

;) i left like around 2 30 or so ... my bad .. thats why i asked if he changed it up after i left... loved the 80s and 70s stuff he threw down early.. def of the two nites sat at leat to me was way better :)

ahh march 11th nice.. hope its that guest we talked about cuz if so .. :o :o :o im sure my sister will be there again

DEF AGREE WITH THE CROSSFADER .. his hand moves so fast its like a blur.. its ridiculous :o :o