V. Barbarino

Guest creativemafia

what is the real open format?

is that fuck every other dj?

quite funny coming from a trainspotter.

i think that is a slag off comment to all dj's that spin

open format / mash up.

Guest pod

There really needs to be a real definition of "open format". I usually blow it off as hip-hop for white people, but I've heard some good sets lately that could only really be defined as "open format", in my mind.

Guest Fez

open format / mash up.

"Real" open format, Ron Luna...he's not the greatest...but he spins everything...from hiphop to latin to mj to rock

Pawn Shop spins what i call "real" open format too

they're lacking on the New Wave & Freestyle tho...

Guest Ariel

Danny Daze is known more for his ELECTRO productions. one of the few who stays true to it. As for open format, ive heard him spin just once at Cafeteria and i was impressed.

Guest dannydaze

whoa i just got introduced to this topic ..... i am just replying here to respond the to whole "real" open format thing ....

that was put on there by the promoters because they believe thats what i actually do. theres plenty of open format djs who really dont play open format. they ussualy end up playing hip hop the whole night and 3 rock songs back to back ...... in no way was that intented to be aimed at any dj ..... guess that little line shouldnt be put up .......

to anyone who felt offended .....nothing big just a flyer ..... mos. def. will tell the promotion team to not be putting it up anymore. already got 3 emails with me not even knowing it was on the flyer.

take care peeps

danny

Guest Darwin Castillo

open format / mash up.

"Real" open format, Ron Luna...he's not the greatest...but he spins everything...from hiphop to latin to mj to rock

Or what about a Salsa or Merengue, hey even Spanish Rock. Now that would be the open format. ;D

whoa i just got introduced to this topic ..... i am just replying here to respond the to whole "real" open format thing ....

that was put on there by the promoters because they believe thats what i actually do. theres plenty of open format djs who really dont play open format. they ussualy end up playing hip hop the whole night and 3 rock songs back to back ...... in no way was that intented to be aimed at any dj ..... guess that little line shouldnt be put up .......

to anyone who felt offended .....nothing big just a flyer ..... mos. def. will tell the promotion team to not be putting it up anymore. already got 3 emails with me not even knowing it was on the flyer.

take care peeps

danny

leave it in there, this is the most PR you've ever gotten, I've never heard of your name until I read that...

Guest Devilicious

open format / mash up.

Or what about a Salsa or Merengue, hey even Spanish Rock. Now that would be the open format. ;D

Danny played a salsa song if i am not mistaken!!!

Guest dannydaze

im not about PR ....... music and style should speak for itself, but i guess it mostly about PR and who you know! which sucks! but oh well ..... and yes ...... no le pege a la negra was played for sure along with some mana, juanes and carlos vives ..... heck i think i even played ghostbusters ......

take care peeps .....

danny

Guest dannydaze

Gunars out at pawn shop is a fresh dj .... i started d'lux thursdays when they first opened out at pawn shop with dj midas which is also one sick cat ......

Guest trauma

Yeah, I spin open format as well. It seems to be the thing right now. I've always been one to play the crowd, no matter what I have to play. Being a mobile DJ has definitely helped me in that aspect. DJing for people from age 2 to 90 and trying to get ALL of them up and dancing is one of the hardest things to do, but I do it .. and I do it well.

Anyways, it's the people that go to the club that want to hear the songs that they grew up with, which is why the "open format" is working so well right now. Over a 10 year period there was a lot of different styles of music that made it to the mainstream.

If anybody out there wants to hear what I've got, come out to Oceans 234 in Deerfield Beach on Fridays. Or, if there is a club owner out there looking to get a seasoned DJ in to play open format ... I'm your man.

Have a blessed day.

Mister Gray.