Clubplanet Nightlife Community

miami is a joke

Guest gimp

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest XxGrOoVeERICxX

miami scene sucks a big fat one. The same djs come over and over again to the same place. I dont even go out anymore, cause when i do here the same crappy mainstream house every place i go. were is the underground stuff that made house and techno so big. Sorry just venting a little but seariously miami needs HELP!!!!

....oh and something a little Frisk-e tomorrow

frisky.jpg

Oh and on a side note I would like to make clear that Pete Tong will definitely NOT be at Frisk-e Fridays!

LOL!!!

See you guys when I come back from Amsterdam! :)

Guest lyrik

miami scene sucks a big fat one. The same djs come over and over again to the same place. I dont even go out anymore, cause when i do here the same crappy mainstream house every place i go. were is the underground stuff that made house and techno so big. Sorry just venting a little but seariously miami needs HELP!!!!

....oh and something a little Frisk-e tomorrow

frisky.jpg

Oh and on a side note I would like to make clear that Pete Tong will definitely NOT be at Frisk-e Fridays!

LOL!!!

See you guys when I come back from Amsterdam! :)

Sweet bring me back some hash...or a hooker!

Guest LeVeL

Man, I go away for six hours and some fuckwit troll starts a drama thread.

Listen Gimp - Wonderful name by the way, naming yourself after a charachter they keep in the basement in Pulp Fiction. I'm sure Zed treats you well -

Anyhow...

1. The "underground" scene that you speak of does exist around here. There's parties that just don't make it onto the radar. Hence "underground". Isn't that the definition?

2. The above-ground scene is alive and well. Not everyone is a troll like yourself. Some people go out to have a good time, dance, drink, fuck, rinse and repeat. I feel bad if your life's mission is to hear "underground" music only. Even the trainspotters I know still go out since even they want to have a good time. They might bitch about the music selection, but a few beers into the night, they're pretty quiet.

3. Tomfly, your turn. Miami's not about live music, true. But ya know what, some people are trying to change that. Frankly after reading your post, I'm less inclined to go to your event if this is the kind of attitude I'll receive.

Austin - moo

LA - Please, it's more plastic than Jenna Jameson.

SF - OK, they have great DJs out there, but they come here.

Berkley - Berkeley. Spelling! College town. Liberals. Art fags. Only thing good from Berkeley is BSD.

Houston - moo. They have oil. Let's bomb them.

Dallas - I've got people in Dallas who would die to live here.

chicago - Shit-cago. Though Ditka is from there. If Ditka ran a club we'd all be out of business.

Philly - See Dallas.

Orlando - 2 am closing time. White people. Disney. Nuke it.

The one thing I hate is when people bitch and moan, and then they try to do an event in this town. You've succeeded in alienating a very influential body of people here. You're gonna have to work that much harder to get people to show up.

Both of you guys have to keep one thing in mind though. The clubs hear have ridiculous amounts of overhead. I'm not talking some bullshit hole-in-the-wall that can't make payroll, I'm talking top flight clubs that took millions to develop and build. Every night they are open, they've got tens of thousands of dollars in overhead. They're not gonna make that by booking you, or your buddy who spins Slovakian minimal breaks. Unless that's the new big thing that people love. Clubs are businesses. I'd love to give you a club for a month in Miami. By week three you're booking the "known" talent cause your employees are gonna kill you if their next paycheck bounces.

I'm really sorry if us shallow, self-centered Miamians can't cater to your oh-so-sophisticated tastes. We're too busy out having a good time and letting the petty things in life go hang.

In closing, I'd like to tell you both to piss off and not post hear again, but I won't since I'm a nice guy too busy having a good time with my friends out in our shitty clubs.

STICKY,STICKY,STICKY

whitney.jpg

Guest Devilicious

So sick of this complaint. I have not been on the boards THAT long but I have heard it enough. Where did you live before? Why did you move here? Do you not know where to go?! Anyway, if this is not enough help from our fellow junkies I think you better stay home and sulk. Just be thankful we don't live in some other redneck part of this country. So many people want to come and experience Miami cause it is so boring where they are. I know it's not all it's cracked up to be all the time but we do have alot of local and imported talent all the time. So wah wah wah, keep on crying cause we'll all be dancing...

Marina, you're kinda new here, but eventually you'll just learn to ignore this type of post, as well as Saleen's. They will always be here, but only newbies will take the time to answer them... ;)

LOL... Josh you are so right!

I too used to get annoyed ... fuck the haters and all the bullshit that comes with them. I didn't read this thread save the first few posts.

If you don't like it here, LEAVE

The end.

Guest Adikt

So sick of this complaint. I have not been on the boards THAT long but I have heard it enough. Where did you live before? Why did you move here? Do you not know where to go?! Anyway, if this is not enough help from our fellow junkies I think you better stay home and sulk. Just be thankful we don't live in some other redneck part of this country. So many people want to come and experience Miami cause it is so boring where they are. I know it's not all it's cracked up to be all the time but we do have alot of local and imported talent all the time. So wah wah wah, keep on crying cause we'll all be dancing...

Marina, you're kinda new here, but eventually you'll just learn to ignore this type of post, as well as Saleen's. They will always be here, but only newbies will take the time to answer them... ;)

LMFAO ;D

Guest swirlundergrounder

I am the most underground DJ in all of South Florida! I won't even play for anyone! I keep it real ;D

You're underground? Well if you're underground then I'm at the core of the Earth!! BITCH!!

Guest juanchisimo

I agree..so tired of this lame ass subject...dude keep that shit to yourself man...we live in a city were people from all over the world wish there were here...sexy ass people, different cultures, nice venues: restaurants, clubs. There's a very nice vibe and energy to Miami. Would you rather live in Wisconsin and jam to Michael Bolton's latest song while chewing cheese. Ain't shit to do in those states....as far as i know there's no WMC in Alabama...so be grateful dude..if you would've said you hate Miami because of the hurricanes, I would've had your back ;D. But don't be bashing Miami like that. It's a fukn awesome city.

if you would've said you hate Miami because of the hurricanes, I would've had your back ;D. But don't be bashing Miami like that. It's a fukn awesome city.

actually i rather live here w/ the hurricanes, that's how i make my living ::):P

Guest juanchisimo

if you would've said you hate Miami because of the hurricanes, I would've had your back ;D. But don't be bashing Miami like that. It's a fukn awesome city.

actually i rather live here w/ the hurricanes, that's how i make my living ::):P

LOL...that's right Diogo..you work for an insurance company...lol..my bad dude

LOL...that's right Diogo..you work for an insurance company...lol..my bad dude

close, i work for a national roofing company which 99% of my work is dealing w/ insurance claims both residential & commerical all night/day.

8)

Guest coach

Dayum, I guess we can categorically say: PWND. You know, we all bitch a lot about this and that, but it just goes to show, it takes some real dickwad to bring out the love in the Junkies!

Guest lyrik

For the record, Wisconsin has a good underground scene.

Check the Drop Bass parties...

FOR REAL!!!

Went to so many of their parties back in the day...I use to live right near the IL/Wisc border...those kids love the gabber though.

Guest sobe2004

Your right . . . currently it is a joke . . .

Guest pod

Get a room, you two!

At least Mr. 2006 presents his thoughts intelligently. I went off on The Gimp since he came across in a trollish manner.

Friday's here, let's go out and get drunk and not fret over which sub-sub-genre isn't represented.

[Name a scene other than NYC that has better nightlife than us.

Here are but a few cities that kill us.

Austin, LA, SF, Berkley, houston, Dallas, chicago, Philly - hell even orlando kicks our ass.

You are out of your friggin mind dude. Orlando better than Miami? Hell... Tampa is even better than Orlando..

Austin Texas? Dallas as Lizard Lounge.. and thats it.

Guest Philip

hell even orlando kicks our ass.

Yea. One of the funnier moments of that post. Orlando does bring it from time 2 time with Skybar and Icon but...

[Name a scene other than NYC that has better nightlife than us.

Here are but a few cities that kill us.

Austin, LA, SF, Berkley, houston, Dallas, chicago, Philly - hell even orlando kicks our ass.

You are out of your friggin mind dude. Orlando better than Miami? Hell... Tampa is even better than Orlando..

Austin Texas? Dallas as Lizard Lounge.. and thats it.

usf girls r hotter than ucf girls :P