Clubplanet Nightlife Community

miami is a joke

Guest gimp

I was in Jersey for 3 almost 4 months last year and I was dying to come back.Sometimes you just gotta go away to appreciate what you have here.And we have it good.Like someone also said this topic is old as fuck. :)

Hey bro, I forgot to thank you for the excellent churrasco you cooked at tthe BBQ!!! :D

LoL no problem Josh,im glad you enjoyed it.Talk about threadjacking...

btw the scene here suxs. :P

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are but a few cities that kill us.

Austin, LA, SF, Berkley, houston, Dallas, chicago, Philly - hell even orlando kicks our ass.

---Austin & Houston...pleasegu_lol.gif. San Francisco & Berkley are virtually the same area. Dallas is a special place for me. So, I'll give you some points on that one. Chicago is hit or miss. Never been to Philly. Orlando....OMGez-roll.gif. Somebody's hittin' the cracker!!!

lmao...word

i'll be the first to talk about otown as if u haven't heard enough from me yet...

lolz

Guest coach

Austin, LA, SF, Berkley, houston, Dallas, chicago, Philly - hell even orlando kicks our ass.

---Austin & Houston...pleasegu_lol.gif. San Francisco & Berkley are virtually the same area. Dallas is a special place for me. So, I'll give you some points on that one. Chicago is hit or miss. Never been to Philly. Orlando....OMGez-roll.gif. Somebody's hittin' the cracker!!!

lmao...word

i'll be the first to talk about otown as if u haven't heard enough from me yet...

lolz

Yeah, I was gonna go off on Dallas, but I thought the same thing. People here been hearing me bitch about it for going on 3 years. I figure enough is enough, time to move on.

Guest pod

Man, I go away for six hours and some fuckwit troll starts a drama thread.

Listen Gimp - Wonderful name by the way, naming yourself after a charachter they keep in the basement in Pulp Fiction. I'm sure Zed treats you well -

Anyhow...

1. The "underground" scene that you speak of does exist around here. There's parties that just don't make it onto the radar. Hence "underground". Isn't that the definition?

2. The above-ground scene is alive and well. Not everyone is a troll like yourself. Some people go out to have a good time, dance, drink, fuck, rinse and repeat. I feel bad if your life's mission is to hear "underground" music only. Even the trainspotters I know still go out since even they want to have a good time. They might bitch about the music selection, but a few beers into the night, they're pretty quiet.

3. Tomfly, your turn. Miami's not about live music, true. But ya know what, some people are trying to change that. Frankly after reading your post, I'm less inclined to go to your event if this is the kind of attitude I'll receive.

Austin - moo

LA - Please, it's more plastic than Jenna Jameson.

SF - OK, they have great DJs out there, but they come here.

Berkley - Berkeley. Spelling! College town. Liberals. Art fags. Only thing good from Berkeley is BSD.

Houston - moo. They have oil. Let's bomb them.

Dallas - I've got people in Dallas who would die to live here.

chicago - Shit-cago. Though Ditka is from there. If Ditka ran a club we'd all be out of business.

Philly - See Dallas.

Orlando - 2 am closing time. White people. Disney. Nuke it.

The one thing I hate is when people bitch and moan, and then they try to do an event in this town. You've succeeded in alienating a very influential body of people here. You're gonna have to work that much harder to get people to show up.

Both of you guys have to keep one thing in mind though. The clubs hear have ridiculous amounts of overhead. I'm not talking some bullshit hole-in-the-wall that can't make payroll, I'm talking top flight clubs that took millions to develop and build. Every night they are open, they've got tens of thousands of dollars in overhead. They're not gonna make that by booking you, or your buddy who spins Slovakian minimal breaks. Unless that's the new big thing that people love. Clubs are businesses. I'd love to give you a club for a month in Miami. By week three you're booking the "known" talent cause your employees are gonna kill you if their next paycheck bounces.

I'm really sorry if us shallow, self-centered Miamians can't cater to your oh-so-sophisticated tastes. We're too busy out having a good time and letting the petty things in life go hang.

In closing, I'd like to tell you both to piss off and not post hear again, but I won't since I'm a nice guy too busy having a good time with my friends out in our shitty clubs.

Guest dahzel

Listen Gimp - Wonderful name by the way, naming yourself after a charachter they keep in the basement in Pulp Fiction. I'm sure Zed treats you well -

Anyhow...

1. The "underground" scene that you speak of does exist around here. There's parties that just don't make it onto the radar. Hence "underground". Isn't that the definition?

2. The above-ground scene is alive and well. Not everyone is a troll like yourself. Some people go out to have a good time, dance, drink, fuck, rinse and repeat. I feel bad if your life's mission is to hear "underground" music only. Even the trainspotters I know still go out since even they want to have a good time. They might bitch about the music selection, but a few beers into the night, they're pretty quiet.

3. Tomfly, your turn. Miami's not about live music, true. But ya know what, some people are trying to change that. Frankly after reading your post, I'm less inclined to go to your event if this is the kind of attitude I'll receive.

Austin - moo

Berkley - Berkeley. Spelling! College town. Liberals. Art fags. Only thing good from Berkeley is BSD.

chicago - Shit-cago. Though Ditka is from there. If Ditka ran a club we'd all be out of business.

Philly - See Dallas.

The one thing I hate is when people bitch and moan, and then they try to do an event in this town. You've succeeded in alienating a very influential body of people here. You're gonna have to work that much harder to get people to show up.

Both of you guys have to keep one thing in mind though. The clubs hear have ridiculous amounts of overhead. I'm not talking some bullshit hole-in-the-wall that can't make payroll, I'm talking top flight clubs that took millions to develop and build. Every night they are open, they've got tens of thousands of dollars in overhead. They're not gonna make that by booking you, or your buddy who spins Slovakian minimal breaks. Unless that's the new big thing that people love. Clubs are businesses. I'd love to give you a club for a month in Miami. By week three you're booking the "known" talent cause your employees are gonna kill you if their next paycheck bounces.

I'm really sorry if us shallow, self-centered Miamians can't cater to your oh-so-sophisticated tastes. We're too busy out having a good time and letting the petty things in life go hang.

In closing, I'd like to tell you both to piss off and not post hear again, but I won't since I'm a nice guy too busy having a good time with my friends out in our shitty clubs.

so thorough... ;D

Guest michael^heaven

I'd love to give you a club for a month in Miami. By week three you're booking the "known" talent cause your employees are gonna kill you if their next paycheck bounces.

gu_lol.gifgu_lol.gifgu_lol.gifClassic Pod!!

Guest dahzel

My pet peeves are "underground" whiners and people who bitch too much and don't do anything about it.

same thing in hip hop now. years ago, the underground shit was really underground. only true heads knew about it. it's not like that at all anymore, at all. ppl bitch and say, " i want that real shit dog!!! i want that undergroooooouuund shit"!!!!!!

all right. native tongues was 15 years ago, when you where 3. don't try to come here and talk about the underground when you don't know shit about anything to begin with.

Guest Cosmigonon

Anyhow...

Austin - moo

Philly - See Dallas.

STICKY!!

Anyhow...

Austin - moo

Philly - See Dallas.

amen to you sir :o

Guest pod

Heheh :)

Yeah it is funny when some people talk about "back in the day" and then you find out that they were 10 years old "back in the day".

I like Billy Idol but I'll admit to being six years old when he was hip.

I know of places like Cheers, Fire and Ice, 1235, the old Salvation, etc...but I'll admit to not living here when they were the hot clubs. I only know of them from older friends and acquaintances.

Oddly enough, if the "underground" these two lust for goes popular, they'll scream "sellout".

Guest Philip

Anyhow...

Austin - moo

Philly - See Dallas.

classic. Gimp, if you don't like it, move it on out somewhere else.

Guest ramon

Anyhow...

Austin - moo

Philly - See Dallas.

the underground definitely exists ... its parties like thursdays @ cafeteria which are strictly about the music .. we are playing records that miami hasn't heard before and people are enjoying it .. since we are a non profit we can afford to do this .. and its for a good cause (miami childrens hospital foundation) .. you want techno in miami support techno in miami .. that means go see these dj's regardless of the fuckin venues they play (barbara/stryke@space saturday).. we must have power in numbers!! wmc is only one week .. detroit is only one weekend .. but i live in miami year around and if i could have a consistent weekly party that played great music .. i dont care what you'd call it .. but i would i call it home.

Guest LaundryBar

there is an underground scene when you are talking about DnB, Electro, Miami Bass, "Real" HipHop, Freestyle, and that type of thing too...

Guest Seb

[Name a scene other than NYC that has better nightlife than us.

Orlando? Come on man thats just ridiculous ::) At least give some reasonable examples. You can complain a lot about our local scene, hell I do it all the time but honestly out of most of the US cities I've partied in this one takes the cake.

Guest lyrik

but i would like to hopefully see a guest spot with somone that rhymes with tong..

Long ring a bell ? ;D ;)

oh shit - I was like...tong...tong...there's no DJ Bong.

Guest Sela V

ahhh underground huh well here we go

GO TO

blue (lust4house every sat and or frisk-e monthly.TOMORROW IS THE DAY.. JACKIN CHICAGO HOUSE AND OTHER GOOD STUFF)

Shine-been bringing da goods with prog djs like satoshi and desyn and chicago house djs like farina, carter, colette

Laundry bar (been steppin it up with hipp -e and fiasco very soon)

hopefully boombox opens up soon so ramon can do his techno parties again soon

also that underground room at space (havent been there yet) but they have been bringing lots of techno down

hope that helps

And don't forget our monthly soulful house and classics warehouse party called Residence, where we just had House Pioneer, Steve "Silk" Hurley spin last week. Just email residenceparty@yahoo.com and we will set you up as a member. There is also Aquabooty which brings down incredible DJs like Danny Krivitz and Mr V Saturdays at Glass see www.aquabooty.com. It's here, you just gotta get to it...